Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? (24107 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Ay04z(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

If you have alot of money as you stated.

Why not relocate to a more serene environment and enjoy your day sleep.

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

Make sure you thank me later.
bro u wicked grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

Any idea on what to do please?

L

You can try to construct sound proof for you window. Search YouTube you will get inspiration. I almost did one for myself during Ramadan, when the mosque behind my house decided to increase the volume of thier PA system.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by SOFTENGR: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
There's a popular church (name withheld) who sighted their own old lister generator a distance away from their church but right behind our house windows.

The noise and the generator fume is sickening. We talked to the pastor, yet they refused to relocate it. We have left them for God cry
Donate fuel/diesel to them and make sure you add plenty salt. Thank me later.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by ImaIma1(f): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
dejio42:
Maybe just maybe they produced the blocks u build your house with. Now u want to stop dem from progressing. I wonder what your prayer point is in morning devotion

Are you serious or this is sarcasm?
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
nelsonebby:
he's clearly mad
coming from a corper who collects peanut after 30 days. SMH.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by geraob1: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
You can call the attention of the environmental agency, if that dosent workout, try the use of earplugs. or as someone pointed out, use soundproof windows.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by geraob1: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
LibertyRep:
I wonder why people castigate the OP.

If a place is designated as a residential area, it is wrong to have such a disturbance whether in the afternoon or at night.

Even if the block industry gets there before others, as soon as the area become fully residential, it is proper for the owner to relocate the company.

Most Nigerians are not normal people. Lack awareness on most things.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by owunabastard: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
Go and report them to nesrea. Just Google it
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Glink2018(m): 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Donate fuel/diesel to them and make sure you add plenty salt. Thank me later.

... And they will arrest them
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by nelsonebby(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
coming from a corper who collects peanut after 30 days. SMH.
You stupid bro.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by dejio42(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Are you serious or this is sarcasm?
U want me to tell how to knok that engine right?
I can tell U 4 ways BUT the future is yours

God bless your wallet and find a better bigger place.

I once knoked my neigbours tiger generator. I couldn't sleep for days. Head ache traced me
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by rockyh(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
is a block industry supposed to be sited in a residential area in the first place.. u daft he goat
how many industrial estates are there in each local government area of the country then u can then state if it is supposed to be sited in a residential area or not

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by KIDfurniture(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hope you re not jealous sha.. leave the poor guy to carry on with his business.. I wonder if u v a job or biz. How can u be at home during the day. Wait u must be Yahoo boy..u try anything funny , he finds out u re the enemy of progress . You will suffer
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by potent5(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
There's a popular church (name withheld) who sighted their own old lister generator a distance away from their church but right behind our house windows.

The noise and the generator fume is sickening. We talked to the pastor, yet they refused to relocate it. We have left them for God cry
You can actually sue them for nuisance. I can guide you.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by potent5(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

L
Have you thought about suing them for nuisance?
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by leoloi: 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
Get a good Tort lawyer and Sue on the ground of private nuisance.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by momove4real25(f): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Tolu95:

It is very simple if you are the owner of the building just go to the nearest town planning office.. They will tell them to stop using machines and start using hand method to make their blocks.. If you are not the owner kindly contact your landlord to go to the town planning office....they can still operate but they will not be able to use the machine again. The machine is bad for humans health (noise population and smoke)

The same is happening in my area but the needful has been done.
God will increase your knowledge

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by snaketail22(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Go and buy it off, since you have the money
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by DateMynd44(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
skedman:
They dont work at night and beside they close 6pm

Instead of you to learn how the business is been done due to your unemployment status you are here complaining because you want to sleep
hahaha Savage grin
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by DateMynd44(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
snaketail22:
Go and buy it off, since you have the money
Biko change ur moniker it's too scary
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by DateMynd44(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
nurez305:
By renting another apartment in another location without block industry
simple
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by belladonna18: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Simple
Sue them
Environmental pollution (Noise)
I can remember when my dad sued someone on the next street because she grinds cassava...my dad won her at the court
The woman had to relocate
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Greatzeus(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

See shithole reasoning. Because they are making money they should constitute a nuisance to your well being. Thats why some of you are destined to suffer in that shithole. Then you wonder why other countries are light years ahead of you
Look at this guy lol so much anger and frustration,at last you got an opportunity to vent your miserable existence. I am not your father,I didn't make him useless and stop him from being a man by giving you the best in life. No Nigeria is not a shithole to me,my life is blessed,I live with no iota of anger, frustration or bitterness unlike you .
Hustle so that your Innocents kids won't grow up and be wailing up and down on social media on how Nigeria is a shithole.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by DrewMX(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
There is what we Town Planners know very well as "Land Use Planning". A block industry - industrial (light) landuse is not supposed to be sited close to a residential land use or area. There is bound to be noise pollution which is detrimental to human health. OP, visit LASEPA ( Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency) if you are in Lagos or Ministry of Environment if you reside in other states. File your complaints and it will be sorted out in due time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by placeofallure(f): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L

Nigeria is not like the civilised countries where there's a distinction between residential area and industrial area. However, you can go and make enquiries at the ministry of environment, there's a body- NESREA or so, can't remember what the acronym stands for, as I am not in the office now, I would have helped you to check. I have had cause to write to them a while back about similar kind of disturbance and they took steps, though we're still on it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by placeofallure(f): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
proprince:
Send UNBLOCK to 131 cry

grin grin grin
Gawd! Craziest comment so far!
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Phred1717: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
Get a job to keep out the house...dont kill people daily bread for your useless afternoon sleep
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
rockyh:
how many industrial estates are there in each local government area of the country then u can then state if it is supposed to be sited in a residential area or not
ogbeni na Nigeria thinking dey worry you
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by SOFTENGR: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Glink2018:

... And they will arrest them
For being "generous"? grin
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by delpee(f): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:

Try reporting to LASEPA if you’re in Lagos. There are laws on noise control especially in residential areas.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jaqenhghar: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Greatzeus:

Look at this guy lol so much anger and frustration,at last you got an opportunity to vent your miserable existence. I am not your father,I didn't make him useless and stop him from being a man by giving you the best in life. No Nigeria is not a shithole to me,my life is blessed,I live with no iota of anger, frustration or bitterness unlike you .
Hustle so that your Innocents kids won't grow up and be wailing up and down on social media on how Nigeria is a shithole.

Typical reaction. Divert forn the issue to attack people's parents. I can send you the coordinates to the old man's grave go and rant there properly so your madness will be complete. Only a product of a shithole will act like a deranged bull and deny being frustrated. Do t worry about my kids worry about yours with this behaviour. Over here we dont allow morons like you to raise children. There is a system meant to protect them from your type

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by ThePreachersSon: 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
I'd tell you a what happened some years ago.

A very rich and renowned socialite Dr. Iyayi, sited a sawmill somewhere in our area. It was booming. But the problem was they also worked at night. Noise during the day, and also at night. No one could sleep, everyone complained, but no one could voice their frustrations to the appropriate authorities. But this guy moved in, next to the sawmill. Man just returned from the states. He couldn't sleep for some weeks. Next he took them to court. Noise pollution. Iyayi sawmill had to relocate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt / I Feel Cheated After Months Of Hardwork, I Need Your Opinion / 5 Signs You Need To Move Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.