Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA (3790 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Sacks ASEPA, APUMA Bosses / Lagos Seals Conoil Filling Station Over Environmental Infraction (Photos) / Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by CGMedia: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
In what could be described as a move against the Okezie Ikpeazu led Abia State Government, the Abia State House of Assembly has summoned Hon. Victor Apugo, the General Manager of the Abia State Environmental Protection Agency, ASEPA and Chief Rowland Nwakanma, the Deputy General Manager, Aba zone to appear before it on Wednesday.

This followed a motion raised by member representing Umuahia North State Constituency, Hon. Kelechi Onuzuruike during Tuesday's plenary on alleged poor waste management in Umuahia and Aba by the agency.

Supporting the motion, member representing Umuahia South State Constituency, Hon. Jerry Uzosike said the agency had been generating much revenue for the state government but hadn't done “the needful.”

But some members of the State Assembly have disagreed with the House, alleging that the Speaker plan on using the agency to settle “scores” with the state government.

Igbere TV reports that the Abia Assembly is headed by Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji (Ikuku) as Speaker. Orji is son of former governor of the state, Senator T. A. Orji.

A lawmaker of the Abia Assembly, who craved anonymity, said that the speaker is believed to have governorship ambition in 2023.

“Mr. Speaker has a personal interest in this issue. From what we have observed so far, it's not just about the said refuse but some personal issues with the governor.

“I think the issue started right from when he declared intentions to contest the Speakership position.”

On his part, a lawmaker from Abia Central, said his colleagues from the said Aba Constituency refused to contribute to the motion when it was brought to the House because they are also aware of the issues.

“You see, when my colleague raised the motion and made mention of Aba, our colleagues from the zone never contributed to it because they too are aware of the politics they are trying to play.”

He alleged that lawmakers from Umuahia had cause to contribute to the motion because they had been ’sorted out' by sponsors of the motion.

Another lawmaker, who did not want his name mentioned, lamented what he described as witch-hunting on the part of the Assembly, saying, “the governor had assured the House, last week, of maximum cooperation and support when he also promised to procure new trucks for the agency.”

“The issue of refuse is not the main thing, I have asked my colleagues not to hide under ‘oversight function’, in fighting the state government.

“Remember we (the House) had passed a bill which permits ASEPA to generate funds for the state government. The House leadership is angry that the agency had not regarded them since the bill was successfully passed.”

Contacted by Igbere TV, an official of the Abia State Environmental Protection Agency, ASEPA, dismissed the notion that the agency had not lived up to its responsibilities.

He accused the Abia State Assembly of being insincere, alleging that the House leadership had wanted some “favours” from the agency.

“That is not true. You can see things for yourself, I believe you are a journalist and know what is right.

“We know what is going on, at the right time, we all we speak. But I assure you, we will never succumb to their threats and pressures.”

He assured that ASEPA led by Hon. Victor Apugo, would always stand by the people and do what is right, insisting that “the agency has always lived up to its responsibilities.”

http://igberetvnews.com/827964/abia-assembly-slams-ikpeazus-govt-over-environmental-decay-summons-asepa/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
2023 loading..
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by fergie001: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ikuku.......be careful...

Don't over-stretch your luck.

1 Like

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
fergie001:
Ikuku.......be careful...

Don't over-stretch your luck.

Hahaha... It's too late
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by fergie001: 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blessynokoro:

Hahaha... It's too late
I don't know why this guy just wants to punish Umuahians...

He should not let the North and Southern parts isolate us ookk...biko

His father did nothing, now he wants to cause another set of problems for the Ikwuano/Umuahia bloc....I don't understand

He will be Gov of Ochendo Close and not Abia State.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by nwadiuko1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
If what they did is in the interest of the state..... i support them whole heartedly....but if ikuku is trying to play politics he should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by somalianprince: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
B2mario this is where you are needed cheesy
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Ojiofor: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
Abia state will never have another Orji as governor God forbid bad thing.
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
fergie001:

I don't know why this guy just wants to punish Umuahians...

He should not let the North and Southern parts isolate us ookk...biko

His father did nothing, now he wants to cause another set of problems for the Ikwuano/Umuahia bloc....I don't understand

He will be Gov of Ochendo Close and not Abia State.

It's too late now, I dont see who can stop him unless God intervenes

1 Like

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ojiofor:
Abia state will never have another Orji as governor God forbid bad thing.

Amen!
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
nwadiuko1:
If what they did is in the interest of the state..... i support them whole heartedly....but if ikuku is trying to play politics he should be careful.

The handwriting is clear on the wall
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Ojiofor: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blessynokoro:

Amen!

Amen and may we never have another IkpeAzu as governor too because the Orjis beget IkpeAzu and the result is same failure.

1 Like

Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by fergie001: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blessynokoro:

It's too late now, I dont see who can stop him unless God intervenes

Very true....but if the Ngwans team up with the ambitious Northern bloc....he will be flogged out there...he shouldn't over-reach himself ooooo.....
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by Blessynokoro: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
fergie001:

Very true....but if the Ngwans team up with the ambitious Northern bloc....he will be flogged out there...he shouldn't over-reach himself ooooo.....

You have a point, but politicians tend to be irrational during electioneering. Let's watch and see how it plays out.
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by fergie001: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blessynokoro:

You have a point, but politicians tend to be irrational during electioneering. Let's watch and see how it plays out.
Na dem sabi sha.....
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by MediaGuru36: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA by JubrinElSudan: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Growing up in Aba then, ASEPA use to worry. Once we hear their bell within the street, everybody starts bringing out their refuse. Payment for levy na wahala for some compounds. Compounds like ours, they will storm and arrest any adult they see. Everybody go just lock their doors, hide inside. cheesy
#InsideLife

(1) (Reply)

Magu Provides 16 Responses To Corruption Allegations - Number 7 Would Amaze You / Heavily Armed Hausa Vigilante Group Invade Anka In Zamfara - Kill Fulani Leader / Insecurity Hindering Data Collection For Surveys - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.