Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna (2715 Views)

Police Stop #BringBackOurgirls# Group From Entering Aso Rock Today / Police Stop Million Man March For Buhari In Kano / Rivers Guber: Tension As Police Stop APC Rally In Okrika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by ayo84(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2010
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/11933-police-stop-ibbs-rally-in-kaduna

THE police in Kaduna, on Sunday, stopped the official launch of the presidential campaign of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, for security reasons.

Kaduna State coordinator of the IBB Campaign Organisation and former Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Honourable Bashir Zubairu, had earlier informed newsmen that General Babangida and his national campaign team would visit the state on Sunday for consultation with politicians and other prominent citizens of the state.

However, the Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Mr Tambari Yabo Mohammed, told newsmen that his command had to stop the programme from holding, because the organisers did not adhere to the Public Order Act which requires that the police be informed 48 hours before such event would hold.

The police commissioner said it was wrong to insinuate that it was a directive “from above,” adding that Vice-President Namadi Sambo was in Kaduna and in order to avoid any possible clash with the supporters of the vice-president, the police had to stop the event in the interest of law and order.

According to him, “but the IBB people came to our office at about 10.00 p.m. on Saturday to inform us about the rally. When we considered the proximity of the IBB campaign office to the Government Lodge at Alimi Road, where the vice-president is staying, we decided not to allow them hold the rally to avoid a situation, where there will be a clash between their supporters.

“We did that in the interest of the state and so it will be wrong to say that the commissioner of police stopped the rally, because I did not stop the rally. I cannot stop any rally that conforms with the provisions of the law.”

“If they had complied with the law and given us 48 hours notice or even came to us early in the day, we could either have changed the date for them or changed the venue if they insisted on going ahead with the rally.

“You can see that the vice-president is in town and we are heavily involved in his activities. But that notwithstanding, we would have changed the venue for them and mobilised our men to the place.

But they did not follow the rules,” he said.

It seems IBB is getting a dose of his own medcine
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by nex(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2010
Sir, this is not a dose of any medicine. It is for the security of the lives of those poor youths who are being used by IBB as campaign tools rentable for N1,000/day.

Did you not see what happened to IBB campaign organization members in Ogun state? Among those brutalized by the anti-IBB violent protesters, I'm sure you know that IBB wasn't there, Dokpesi wasn't there, Mohammed Babangida was not there.

IBB made sure that the security arrangements were not properly made, he made sure that members of his campaign organization were directed like zombies to where they will receive the maximum casualty. All this so that IBB can capitalize on whatever disaster befalls them to attract sympathy to himself.

That demon will soon be disgraced before he perishes.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2010
You must play the game by the rules
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by nex(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2010
@dapssee

Everyone must!
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Abagworo(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2010
Igbo elders were stopped from holding a meeting in Owerri for security reasons.Igbo day could not hold in Abuja because her mother excellency was sharing rice.IBB rally cannot hold in Kaduna because the VP lives near his campaign office.

THE SAGA CONTINUES,
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by icare1: 10:29am On Oct 11, 2010
jonathan is a saint he can not be worst than IBB.
ibb is the devil he cannt march jonathan the angel.

oh Nigerians how gullible.GOD looks at the heart of man.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by nex(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2010
@Abagworo

They could have simply given the police 48 hours prior notice so that the police would be prepared to defend them against the sort of thing that happened to them in Ogun State.

@i care

Nigerians are not gullible. I've started to believe that Nigerians in general are using themselves as guinea pigs in a experiment to break all thresholds of human suffering.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by monkeyleg: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2010
If IBB did not give the police enough time before the rally, them no problem, but if he did, then this is wrong. Ibb might be terrible, but we must act in the true spirit of democracy, which means freedom.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by sayso: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
uan no understand,IBB didinot give police enough time or better put this way 48hrs or 48 million or whatever so that the Rally will take place.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by delegiwa(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
nex:

@Abagworo

They could have simply given the police 48 hours prior notice so that the police would be prepared to defend them against the sort of thing that happened to them in Ogun State.

It was obvious that the powers that be didn't want that rally go hold. Well, IBB is getting a dose of his own medicine,
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by jason12345: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
i care:

jonathan is a saint he can not be worst than IBB.
ibb is the devil he cannt march jonathan the angel.

oh Nigerians how gullible.GOD looks at the heart of man.

JONATHAN is NOT a SAINT. but he is BETTER than IBB.period
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Seekers(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2010
Jonathan is not a saint, no politician is a saint especially naija ones, dnt trust any of dem, i dnt believe d police report, did d igbo not inform d police too?my ppl tink.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by icare1: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2010
NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED A MAN BETTER THAN IBB WE NEED SOMEONE NOT IBB.

ONE OF IBB STYLE IS BULLYING.IN ADEMOCRATIC SETTING THERE IS FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by bisiaet: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
The truth is let us not be worrying too much about IBB issue pls. I'm a not concern if IBB was stop or his campaign team were not allow to hold a rally in a capital IBB HAS SINNED and he must reap what he sowed so I am even praying for him to win in primary and will pray GEJ annull it right out with no consideration this man(IBB) must feel the pains he cost Nigeria politically, economically, repution and all sorts evils he brought in to Nigeria he must taste a bit of it

As per Igbo leader that were stopped from holding a rally as some poster were refering to, well it was so unfortunate it goes that way I as an Ibo man I dont recognised what there so called rally is meant for or the important, these men are busy as per IBB project for presidency but my cry was that they should have be busy to get an Ibo man presidential candidate that all Ibo will support not canvassing support for a bloody liar who his mission is to lie, kill and steal. I dont know why the so called elder could not wake up and say enough of promises we can't wait for a fake a promise we've seen or heard too many of it but to no avail but rather they chosed working for IBB and be waiting for f u c k i n g 2015 because ibo second name is mr waiter, wait till Jesus comes back isn'it?
The so called leaders dont interest me a bit sorry about that no one should take it personal it is my own view.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by 5columnist: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2010
IBB delibrately did not apply on time so that he can score a cheap political point on this that Jonatha is a totalitarian. So what? For all I care, IBB can eat my shorts.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by jonabee(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2010
IBB had 8 years opportunity to turn around the fortunes of this great nation but he chose otherwise. What has he got to offer in a democracy that he could not easily do under his military totalitarian government. He should be better earthened!

When I hear Zoining I laf! Zoning can have relevance when The south has held governance for as much as the Northern Elites, and yet we have nothing to show for it.

"Independent Bomb Blast" another Acronym for the evil genuis!
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by sheriffman(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
IBB is a terrible man infact he is now known as INDEPENDENT BOMB BLAST.I will support any tactics that Jonathan or whoever will use to edge him out of the presidential race,after all he never wanted to handover then since he didn't believe in democracy so what is he looking for now.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2010
Pls next time don't stop him, allow it to hold, then police should go there and spread him gas on his face let him fill a bit of what Gani had that later cause cancer.IBB your time is closer that you think.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Dede1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2010
@POST

Whosoever wrote this article is indelible idio.t This is one of the reasons Nigeria will never progress. A journalist should not go public until all relevant facts to a story are gathered. 

What has Kaduna State coordinator of the IBB Campaign Organization and former Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Honorable Bashir Zubairu informing the newsmen about IBB visit to Kaduna got to do with 48 hour notice required by Police?

This nonsensical article should have included the detail request or notice from IBB Campaign Organization to Police so the discerning onlookers could either fault IBB Campaign Organization or the Police.

What we seemed to have in Nigeria is a system of government called democracy and it is proper the fundamental principles of system are uphold regardless of whose ox is gored.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by mecylee(f): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2010
who is the devil and who is the angel the home film continue
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by beejaay: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
WELCOME TO WHO WANT TO BE A BOMBINNAIRE

IBB IS ON THE HOT SEAT AND HAS ANSWERED 8 QUESTIONS ( 8 YEARS OF GOVERNING NIGERIA) WITH MOGO MOGO. QUESTION 9 IS FOR 2011 PRESIDENTIAL SEAT

(9) THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS ARE THE PRIME ATTRIBUTES OF EVIL GENIUS IBB THAT NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED
(a) DELE GIWA DEATH VIA LETTER BOMB
(b) JUNE 12 ANNULMENT
(c) INTRODUCTION OF STRIKE TO THE NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES
(d) 12 BILLION DOLLARS OIL WINDFALL
(e) E.T.C.
(f) ALL OF THE ABOVE
AUDIENCE OPTION=[color=#990000]USED
, 50/50 OPTION= USED, PHONE A FRIEND= AVAILABLE

IBB IS CALLING A FRIEND IN THE PERSON OF GENERAL ABACHA

gggrrrrrrnnnnnnn
JEGA: MY NAME IS JEGA FROM WHO WANTS TO BE A BOMBINNAIRE, YOUR FRIEND IBB IS ON THE HOT SEAT AND NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO TELL HIM HW SURE YOU ARE. THE NEXT VOICE YOU WILL HEAR IS IBB VOICE. IBB YOUR TIME START NOW
ABACHA: OK
IBB: THE FOLLOWING OPTION ARE THE PRIME ATTRIBUTE OF EVIL GENIUS IBB ( IBB READ THE OPTIONS ). TELL ME HOW SURE YOU ARE
ABACHA: KEI MY PRIEND, THE ANSWER IS WALK AWAY WITH ALL YOUR TWO LEGS AND YOUR FAMILY.
IBB: WALK AWAY??
ABACHA: YES WALK AWAY [/color]

EDITION IS WELCOME
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by ikamo(m): 6:12am On Oct 12, 2010
IT IS PAYBACK TIME, IBB DESERVES ALL HE GOT AND SHOULD GET MORE. THIS EVIL GENIUS INSULTED MILLIONS OF NIGERIA BY HIGHHANDEDLY DRIBBLE NIGERIANS DURING HIS EVIL REIGN OF 8 YEARS. DEMOCRACY IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM. HE SHOULD SWALLOW A LOT OF EVIL PILLS. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by icare1: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2010
PLEASE WHO IS A SINNER.
MOST NIGERIANS WANTS IBB DEAD BUT GOD - WHAT DOES HE THINK OF IBB.
IBB IBB IBBBBBBBBBBBBBB OH YOU ARE THE GREATEST SINNER OF ALL- WAOW YET GOD HAS NOT CONDEMED HIM.

CHOSE NOT TO WALK BY SIGHT NOR BY YOUR JUDGEMENTS.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Nnaboys: 10:37am On Oct 12, 2010
ikamo:

IT IS PAYBACK TIME, IBB DESERVES ALL HE GOT AND SHOULD GET MORE. THIS EVIL GENIUS INSULTED MILLIONS OF NIGERIA BY HIGHHANDEDLY DRIBBLE NIGERIANS DURING HIS EVIL REIGN OF 8 YEARS. DEMOCRACY IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM. HE SHOULD SWALLOW A LOT OF EVIL PILLS. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
You might say that again. But God in his infinite wisdom has chosen him to lead Nigeria to the promised land. So come next year, no matter your opinion, IBB will win the election.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by Nnaboys: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2010
bobbyr:

Pls next time don't stop him, allow it to hold, then police should go there and spread him gas on his face let him fill a bit of what Gani had that later cause cancer.IBB your time is closer that you think.
Who do you think you are. He is a Nigerian and has a right to do whatever he likes. As far as he has not been found guilty of all those atrocities by a court of law, He is still free.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by ud4u: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2010
Rule of law
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by enohj2ee(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
My people, Any one of you that have no sin should first kill IBB'

If you dont want IBB Vote against him and let stop all these, Let Truth stand, are we are saying IBB is the worse of all SINNERS?

Please I want you all to allow God to Judge Him? have even Nigeria law Court condem IBB any Time.

Let your vote Judge him, if you dont need Him. Note God Love Nigeria as a united.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by sessy2(f): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
[/quote][quote author=bisiaet link=topic=529362.msg6919878#msg6919878 date=1286807218]
The truth is let us not be worrying too much about IBB issue pls. I'm a not concern if IBB was stop or his campaign team were not allow to hold a rally in a capital IBB HAS SINNED and he must reap what he sowed so I am even praying for him to win in primary and will pray GEJ annull it right out with no consideration this man(IBB) must feel the pains he cost Nigeria politically, economically, repution and all sorts evils he brought in to Nigeria he must taste a bit of it

As per Igbo leader that were stopped from holding a rally as some poster were refering to, well it was so unfortunate it goes that way I as an Ibo man I dont recognised what there so called rally is meant for or the important, these men are busy as per IBB project for presidency but my cry was that they should have be busy to get an Ibo man presidential candidate that all Ibo will support not canvassing support for a bloody liar who his mission is to lie, kill and steal. I dont know why the so called elder could not wake up and say enough of promises we can't wait for a fake a promise we've seen or heard too many of it but to no avail but rather they chosed working for IBB and be waiting for f u c k i n g 2015 because ibo second name is mr waiter, wait till Jesus comes back isn'it?
The so called leaders dont interest me a bit sorry about that no one should take it personal it is my own view.
my brother i feel you, kalu has since declared to contest PDp primaries, have u seen any igbo man declare support? kalu sef get igbo sence e no gree bring moni igbo pipo sef wit igbo sence no gree declare support.
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by sessy2(f): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
[/quote][quote author=enohj2ee link=topic=529362.msg6925548#msg6925548 date=1286883427]
My people, Any one of you that have no sin should first kill IBB'

If you dont want IBB Vote against him and let stop all these, Let Truth stand, are we are saying IBB is the worse of all SINNERS?

Please I want you all to allow God to Judge Him? have even Nigeria law Court condem IBB any Time.

Let your vote Judge him, if you dont need Him. Note God Love Nigeria as a united.

yes! we will judge him with our votes but before then we will judge him with our voices. voice is free and we are not complaining whats ur own sef?
Re: Police Stop Ibb’s Rally In Kaduna by adeJ2: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2010
IBB wil do worst if he is the one in power,gud for him cry

(1) (Reply)

Gej Visits Ojukwu At Enugu. Says He Is Igbo. / The Sinking Ship Of GEJ, OBJ, OGD and PDP In South West / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.