Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,757 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine (4059 Views)

Nigeria's Damola Osayemi Has Been Stripped Of Her Women's 100m Gold Medal / Commonwealth Games: Damola Osayemi Fails Drugs Test / Nigeria Women's 100m Gold Medal Winner Damola Osayemi Has Failed A Drugs Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nnaboys: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2010
orangemen:

another nigerian has tested positive with the same substance. it is possible that every nigerian in that game took the same drug.
we are doing what we know how to do best - cheating.
How are you sure about that? Maybe they are trying to implicate her since she is going for the gold.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Sagamite(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

While this news is heartbreaking, I would be very very reluctant to cal her a drug cheat for a number of reasons:

1. Nigeria is not a known drug cheat when it comes to athletics meet

2. Damola has been involved in several e[/b]uropean meets and was also part of the [b]Africa meet not too long ago and on each occassion, she was tested and was never found wanting.

I think the IAAF should take a very critical look at the B sample as I do not trust those indian doctors most especially that one of their national dailies has falsely named a Nigerian team doctor as one of those who have taken opportunity of the CWG to carry out a knee operatin in the country for free and further investigation revealed that it was a Namibia team doctor that was involved!

And you are the one trying to correct someone else's grammar?
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Sagamite(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2010
Shoolar:

If she's test positive or negative, d gold medal she has won in DELHI INDIA cannot be taken away from her, but lets wait 4 test result 1st.

Shakes head out of pity for this guy.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by md4real(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2010
guddsid:

you are clearly looking for some one who you can start some kind of "war of words" with , However i am not like the average NLer besides we can't all be mad  . Anyway thanks for your post .BTW i never said anything however i typed something  wink
war of words?i dont have time for such. it still baffles me how an individual will still glorify his arrogant ignorant perceptions. this chick did not use em intentionally neither does she have history of drugs in her previous tests. and you decided to attack rather than reason.
i agree with you. you are not an average nairalander but an average Nigeria. why? an average nairaland, reason and thinks with his brain and not ASS before passing judgments while a typical average Nigeria reacts just the way you have done.

guddsid:

BTW i never said anything however i typed something  wink
well, i substitute that with freaky itching fingers that is if you still have them intact
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
orangemen:

another nigerian has tested positive with the same substance. it is possible that every nigerian in that game took the same drug.
we are doing what we know how to do best - cheating.

pls learn to speak for yourself okay?

Faniyat ogunsanya and the rest that did this country proud, did they cheat too?

the 3 gold medalist in Kenya cheated too right?

learn how to talk and stop sounding like a typical American.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by chic2pimp(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
Shoolar:

If she's test positive or negative, d gold medal she has won in DELHI INDIA cannot be taken away from her, but lets wait 4 test result 1st.[color=#000099][/color]
Says Who?
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by ajileko: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
I think those athlete knowingly took the substance hoping they won't get caught. I won't be surprise if more athlete tested positive. This is what happens when you take short cut instead of putting in the hard work in practice. At most this will be a 2 yr ban from competition. I hope they all learn from this.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by akintun: 12:26am On Oct 13, 2010
I sincerely dont understand why some of u are abusing osayemi. It is clear dat d girl would have mistakenly taken d drug as it was just recently added to d banned list. Some companies dont even include it as a component drugs they sell to d public. Anyone dat follows athletics would know dat osayemi does not need to take drugs to get a medal in a race dat was made up of second/third rated athletes.
The fault should be with Nigeria sport officials.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by ajileko: 3:29am On Oct 13, 2010
You are definitely right about that. If the Nigerian officials knowingly gave them a ban substance than they will be at fault which I doubt. I also follow track & field a little bit and Osayemi will have to do something drastic to medal at this game and here is why. Her fastest time this year is 11.22 ran in the altitude aided Nairobi, Kenya. She hasn't really run fast since 2008 when she ran 11.08 and made it into the Olympic 100 meters semi final. So she's been struggling for the past 2 years to get back in shape. Okagbare Blessing would have won this race easily if she was healthy.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Phate07(m): 7:44am On Oct 13, 2010
Commonwealth Games
women's 100m winner Damola
Osayemi has been stripped of
her gold medal after her B
sample tested positive for a
banned stimulant.

The decision sees England's
Katherine Endacott take the silver
medal after finishing fourth last
Thursday.
Australia's Sally Pearson had
finished first but was
controversially disqualified for a
false start.
Natasha Mayers of St Vincent and
the Grenadines now wins
Commonwealth gold, only the
second ever for the country.
The bronze medal now goes to
Delphine Atangana of Cameroon.

A statement from the
Commonwealth Games
Federation confirmed the result
of the B sample.
It added that documents relating
to the athlete had been referred
to the International Association
of Athletics Federations "for
whatever subsequent action it
might consider appropriate".

Osayemi's sample contained
traces of banned stimulant
methylhexaneamine, which has
only recently been added to the
World Anti-Doping Agency's
prohibited list.
The 24-year-old requested
the testing of her B sample
after she was provisionally
suspended following the
initial test. She could now
face a two-year ban.

Methylhexaneamine is the
same drug several Indian
athletes, including
weightlifter Sanamacha
Chanu and swimmers Richa
Mishra and Jyotsana Pansare,
were found to have used in
September.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9078690.stm
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 13, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

Week 18 - Drop Your Banker / Man United Beats Real Madrid In Inter Continental Cup. (HIGHLIGHTS) / Check Out This Cute Female Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.