Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! (2067 Views)

Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / Henry Onyekuru And Sofiane Feghouli Fire Galatasaray Into Turkish Cup Final / Melissa Krott: Henry Onyekuru Fails To Pay Child Support - Baby Mama Accuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!!

The Galatasaray wonderkid, Henry Onyekuru, must be respected for his devotion to the squad and should be given some decent playtime at this AFCON.

ROHR, DO NOT LET HIM GO HOME WITHOUT SOME TIME ON THAT PITCH.

4 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Nbote(m): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
Henry Onyekuru is beta dan dat short put called Moses Simon or wateva his name is or can even play upfront in place of Ighalo who only waits for d ball to always drop to him

3 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Nbote:
Henry Onyekuru is beta dan dat short put called Moses Simon or wateva his name is or can even play upfront in place of Ighalo who only waits for d ball to always drop to him

I think Moses Simon has certain qualities that endear him to Rohr, such as his defensive instincts, and ability to take great corners etc. But in terms of sheer skill and threat level, Onyekuru is more dangerous.

6 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Itaarh(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2019
No mind the guy
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by internationalman(m): 12:30am On Jul 11, 2019
What's the problem with Nigerians..

You are winning and you want the coach to change the winning formation so you can come out tomorrow and castigate him if he loses by changing it..

If Okocha could bench a player as good as Wilson Oruma who's Oyenkuru that Chukwueze can't benched..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

You are winning and you want the coach to change the winning formation so you can come out tomorrow and castigate him if he loses by changing it..

If Okocha could bench a player as good as Wilson Oruma who's Oyenkuru that Chukwueze can't benched..

Are you drunk? Who said anything about benching Chukwueze?
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by internationalman(m): 12:41am On Jul 11, 2019
Rossikk:

Are you drunk? Who said anything about benching Chukwueze?
Then who will he replaced Mr sober man
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

Then who will he replaced Mr sober man

Oh that's easy. Musa. Or Simon.
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Dedetwo(m): 1:11am On Jul 11, 2019
Today's Eagle's lineup could have been a dream team if Onyekuru plays in the place of Ighalo. Ighalo is a glorified wastepipe. He cannot control the ball sent his way and does not have the flair as a striker.

5 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 1:14am On Jul 11, 2019
Dedetwo:
Today's Eagle's lineup could have been a dream team if Onyekuru plays in the place of Ighalo. Ighalo is a glorified wastepipe. He cannot control the ball sent his way and does not have the flair as a striker.

The thing about Ighalo is that he's a natural goal poacher. He can punish the opponent at any given moment. I don't blame Rohr for playing him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Dedetwo(m): 1:17am On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

Oruma was a legitimate local player. It is only in your imaginary world that Wilson Oruma is so good that Jay-Jay Okocha cannot bench him. Most Nigerians are simply ninnies.

2 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 1:19am On Jul 11, 2019
To be honest this team is starting to remind me of the famous 1990s Super Eagles. Stars like Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Iwobi, Ndidi, Simon Moses, Ighalo, are capable of causing havoc against any team in world football today. I dread to think what they'll be like by the next world cup in three years' time!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Dedetwo(m): 1:19am On Jul 11, 2019
Rossikk:

The thing about Ighalo is that he's a natural goal poacher. He can punish the opponent at any given moment. I don't blame Rohr for playing him!

I have seen Onyekuru play in Turkish league. Onyekuru is a goal poacher and better than Ighalo.

3 Likes

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Rossikk(m): 1:24am On Jul 11, 2019
Dedetwo:

I have seen Onyekuru play in Turkish league. Onyekuru is a goal poacher and better than Ighalo.

Perhaps. But I think Rohr wants to play safe by going for experience. He also seems the type who feels a debt to the players he feels have served him well in the past, like Ighalo. I think it's more realistic to expect a replacement of Moses with Onyekuru, not Ighalo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by holllandis: 2:00am On Jul 11, 2019
Dedetwo:

Ighalo was caged by defenders please let him be

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by femi4: 6:25am On Jul 11, 2019
Dedetwo:
Ighalo presence is better than that of Onyekuru. Ighalo is effective in bringing others into play but Onyekuru cannot do that or even assist in the defence
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by happybee: 7:17am On Jul 11, 2019
What about Osihem?
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by Chanchit: 7:24am On Jul 11, 2019
We do not have a coach, the players are just trying their best. Cos I don't know how a coach will go to a tournament with the intention of using just four players from his bench, ignoring others.
Onyekuru not getting a single minute in this tournament is a slap on his face, considering the way he light up the Turkish league last season, compared to a Moses Simon we don't even know if he played la-liga last season. I was even expecting to see a Onyekuru - Osimehn - Chukwueze attack against Madagascar, since we thought it was a walk over.
Even Osimehn not getting a minute at all is disappointing.
Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by ogawisdom(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2019
You can't change a winning team, his time will come

Afcon is different from Turkish league

1 Like

Re: Henry ONYEKURU Is As Good As Chukwueze. Let Him Play!!! by internationalman(m): 9:41am On Jul 11, 2019
Rossikk:

Oh that's easy. Musa. Or Simon.

Simon yes, Musa no no no

Musa to me still remains super eagles best player..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You See Nigeria 2020 New Jesery Review / Well Dressed Football Coaches In The World / Odion Ighalo Survives Car Crash (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.