Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board (1989 Views)

Tanitoluwa, 8yr Nigerian Whose Family Fled Nigeria, Becoming A Chess Star In US / Koulibaly Final Piece In Stratospheric Liverpool Squad’ – Dossena ............ / Learn To Setup Chess Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:05am On May 31, 2022
Kinda notice that a knight attack cannot be blocked and it's the only piece that can get close enough to a queen

It's the only piece that can threaten the king and capture the queen at the same time

It can attack eight pieces simultaneously

What do u think ? Is the knight the most powerful piece in a chess board ?why and why not

Only chess expert and above

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Ofodirinwa: 12:07am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
Kinda notice that a knight attack cannot be blocked and it's the only piece that can get close enough to a queen

It's the only piece that can threaten the king and capture the queen at the same time

It can attack eight pieces simultaneously

What do u think ? Is the knight the most powerful piece in a chess board ?why and why not

Only chess expert and above

hard not to say the queen. When I get my rooks over, If i've lost a queen that's the first one I'm going for. The knight is also interesting. I believe the symbolism of the knight is espionage

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by BSdetective: 12:10am On May 31, 2022
Every piece down to the pawns on the board are equally important but each has it's distinct role it's playing.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:20am On May 31, 2022
BSdetective:
Every piece down to the pawns on the board are equally important but each has it's distinct role it's playing.
which is the most powerful
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:

the queen.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:23am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

the queen.
but it has nothing on a knight
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:24am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
but it has nothing on a knight

It can avoid the knight easily. The night has only 8 possible maximum moves. The queen has 28.

9 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by BSdetective: 12:25am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:

I'd say the Queen
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:27am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

It can avoiid the knight easily. The night has only 8 possible maximum moves. The queen has 28.
the knight can capture a queen by threatening the king and queen simultaneously

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:29am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
the knight can capture a queen by threatening the king and queen simultaneously

Yes it can.
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:30am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

Yes it can.
and the only pieces capable of such feat without fear of been eliminated
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:32am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:

Put it this way. Let's say you have lost a your knights and your queen but managed to get a pawn to the opponent's end of the board. What would you exchange your pawn for? A knight or a queen?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:34am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

Put it this way. Let's say you have lost a your knights and your queen but managed to get a pawn to the opponent's end of the board. What would you exchange your pawn for? A knight or a queen?

Depends on what my opponent has

Sometimes the only way to win a game is to have a knight

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Orestino(m): 12:54am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

Queen without blinking an eye grin

Who promotes a pawn to a knight?

8 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 12:55am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

It can avoid the knight easily. The night has only 8 possible maximum moves. The queen has 28.
the queen can only target 8 piece at a time same as a knight
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 1:01am On May 31, 2022
Orestino:

Queen without blinking an eye grin

Who promotes a pawn to a knight?

a knight is made for battle while a queen uses her influence

I believe the knight is the most underrated /powerful pieces in a chess board

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Orestino(m): 1:03am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
a knight is made for battle while a queen uses her influence

I believe the knight is the most underrated /powerful pieces in a chess board

Broo.. a knight is powerful quite alright
But it being the most powerful is arguable
The queen moves like every other piece on the board aside the knight but the knight can't even do that

Personally, I'll sacrifice my two bishops and my two knights just to have my queen on board grin

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Orestino(m): 1:05am On May 31, 2022
ume1000

You sound like your game is built around your knight

I'd love to play you anyway

We could take it to chess.com and have fun wink

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Oblongata: 1:07am On May 31, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

I’d definitely go for a queen. Knight bawo?
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 1:11am On May 31, 2022
Oblongata:
I’d definitely go for a queen. Knight bawo?
in the chess board below, tell me what piece can checkmate both kings unaided

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 1:17am On May 31, 2022
Orestino:
ume1000

You sound like your game is built around your knight

I'd love to play you anyway

We could take it to chess.com and have fun wink
as soon as practicable
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by raumdeuter: 2:50am On May 31, 2022
I'll rather have 1 queen than have 2 knights

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by FACE(m): 3:43am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
tell me what piece can checkmate both kings unaided
A knight cannot checkmate the King unaided, but it can put the king on check whilst targeting another piece. I will let the knight fall in battle in exchange for a rook or queen. The knight can be pinned to a standstill by an ordinary pawn. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, followed by the rooks, then the knights and Bishops. Yes, a knight can target several pieces at the same time, just like the queen; the only difference is that a knight's attack is indirect and cannot be blocked if the piece on target is unable to move.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by RobbStark(m): 5:46am On May 31, 2022
Only a knight can't mate or end a game without needing help.
I like the knight cos it can move out of danger without obstacles.

Normally when I play an opponent, I first target the knight if I know the opponent knows how to use it well.

The best piece on the board is the queen.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 5:48am On May 31, 2022
FACE:

A knight cannot checkmate the King unaided, but it can put the king on check whilst targeting another piece. I will let the knight fall in battle in exchange for a rook or queen. The knight can be pinned to a standstill by an ordinary pawn. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, followed by the rooks, then the knights and Bishops. Yes, a knight can target several pieces at the same time, just like the queen; the only difference is that a knight's attack is indirect and cannot be blocked if the piece on target is unable to move.
in the picture above(in my previous comment )which piece can checkmate both kings unaided
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by chinchum(m): 5:54am On May 31, 2022
ume1000:
Thats not true. The queen is the most powerful. Even two knights combined is not worth a queen.
A pawn is 1point
A knight is worth 3 points
A bishop is worth 3 points
A rook/castle is worth 4.5 points
A queen is worth 9 points

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 5:55am On May 31, 2022
chinchum:
Thats not true. The queen is the most powerful. Even two knights combined is not worth a queen.
A pawn is 1point
perhaps the queen is overated
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 5:59am On May 31, 2022
chinchum:
A pawn is 1point
tell me in the picture below of what good is a queen if u wish to checkmate either kings with just a single piece

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Mynd44: 6:03am On May 31, 2022
When you pawnmakes it to the last line if the opponent and you are without a queen and Knight, if you like promote the pawn to knight.

Baby chess player, who rates knights over queens? Weird

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by Mynd44: 6:05am On May 31, 2022
raumdeuter:
I'll rather have 1 queen than have 2 knights
I don't know how this guy came up with knights being the most powerful. When I will chose a rook over it.
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 6:09am On May 31, 2022
Mynd44:

I don't know how this guy came up with knights being the most powerful. When I will chose a rook over it.
u cannot block a knight ambush now ,can u?

Name any other piece that can capture the queen and threaten the king at the same time
Re: Could This Be The Most Powerful Piece In A Chess Board by ume1000: 6:12am On May 31, 2022
Mynd44:
When you pawnmakes it to the last line if the opponent and you are without a queen and Knight, if you like promote the pawn to knight.

Baby chess player, who rates knights over queens? Weird
tell me Mr grandmaster what piece can Checkmate both kings unaided in the picture below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Soccer Prediction And Winning / Call Back Ekigho Ehiosun To The National Team.. He Is A Star In The Making / HT/FT Game Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.