Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

FG Begins Animal Census And Identification - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Animal Census And Identification (19626 Views)

Federal Government Begins Animal Census, Identification / Buhari's Administration Begins Animal Census And Identification / $322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by greenguy: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Misplaced priority...there's nothing we'll not hear in this government.

I sha have two fowls in my house plus 18 in the village.

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
The first 8 COMMENTS are being made by people who don't seem to read the article.

One thing that causes violence between Fulanis and farmers is that Fulanis often claim their cows were stolen or eaten.

With the census, not only would we know the ACTUAL number of cows in this country, but possibly be able to trace every cow that enters in this country. This would not only reduce rustling, but also prevent cows from being stolen, and also ensure speedy prosecution of cattle rustlers.

And end violence in many parts of the country, and importantly end the whole crisis.

I don't support Fulani violence, or APC, or Buhari. I just like a good idea when I see one.

Also there is this

In other words, there is also a planning component to it.

Thing is, time we started planning our agricultural practice in this country.

N.B: If you quote me to insult me, I will report you to the moderators. No excuses.

Mr Herdsman, No land for ur RUGA in IGBO land.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

The animal census is to prevent cattle rustling...which is a major bone of contention between Fulani herdsmen and farmers...

If it reduces violence, it is a good idea.

So buhari left human census to carry out animal census ur here defending him.. Are u still okay?

6 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by QuickStandard: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2019
cool
This is really sad!!

A country where the population of its citizens is not known.

Now I believe Trump 100% that this is indeed a shithole.

And to think some persons are already defending Buhari is even a bigger cause for concern.

You want to know the numbers of cows to prevent cattle rustling??

Why don't you take census of your citizens so as to know when there are illegal migrants into your territory.

Who did Nigeria offend that had to place a curse on our leaders?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by MrBONE2(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2019
Amuocha:
Buhari sef sad

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by mfm04622: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:
Nigeria last had a census in 2006 yet the present govt dont deemed it fit to had another one done to get near accurate demographic date for national planning & development.

All the useless Buhari govt cares for is animal husbandry or the Fulanization agenda.Abeg who did Nigeria offend with its present crop of leaders?

We all know the importance of human census! What your post shows is you don't know the importance of animal census! I am not Fulani but I keep animals! The tracking aspect will tackle cattle rustling. Cattle rustling is a MAJOR facilitator of crime in Nigeria. The Zamfara problem is majorly cattle rustling. Do you know how many Nigerians have lost their lives to that crisis? This will prevent it. In fact, like many things this Administration is doing, this was planned by GEJ administration but as usual not implemented
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by duality(m): 7:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Nothing wrong jare
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by stasius: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Hope they will count dogs, pigs, goats, fowls, sheep, turkey, etc etc?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by macaranta(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2019
How will you count cows that will all be slaughtered in a short while and new ones given birth to? Retrogression at its peak cry

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Lifediary: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
The first 8 COMMENTS are being made by people who don't seem to read the article.

One thing that causes violence between Fulanis and farmers is that Fulanis often claim their cows were stolen or eaten.

With the census, not only would we know the ACTUAL number of cows in this country, but possibly be able to trace every cow that enters in this country. This would not only reduce rustling, but also prevent cows from being stolen, and also ensure speedy prosecution of cattle rustlers.

And end violence in many parts of the country, and importantly end the whole crisis.

I don't support Fulani violence, or APC, or Buhari. I just like a good idea when I see one.

Also there is this

N.B: If you quote me to insult me, I will report you to the moderators. No excuses.

Cattle rustling is done more by the fulanis themselves and not farmers. What happens to other food animals? Are they not also meant to be included in the animal census? Why only cattle? If the FG really wants to mediate in the clashes, they know what to do without being biased to just a particular tribe. This is the age of sophisticated modernization.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

The animal census is to prevent cattle rustling...which is a major bone of contention between Fulani herdsmen and farmers...

Do u mind enlightening us on how animal censUs will reduce the violence and cattle rustling..:. Cos ur statement sounds very vague..

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lomprico(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

But ur god buhari said the killers are from Libya?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by kotv: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2019
Buhari is hell bent on destroying this country
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by KingMicky3286: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2019
Please how much is visa to Sudan? It’s better to be in hell fire than In Nigeria. Those who voted Buhari and the senators that we have now , it How far?
Racoon:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/224888/
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by HeightsKE: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Also there is this

Seriously you should be enumerated along with them as well!

What a bovine analysis!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:

But ur god buhari said the killers are from Libya?

Is Buhari your god? Last I knew...I thought he was a mere man, and a rather not too good leader economically speaking.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Mr Herdsman, No land for ur RUGA in IGBO land.

Yes, I don't want them too in my land, sir.

Good morning.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by bishopkay: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Say what ever you will to make yourself look smart but I got some questions for you... Does counting these animals make them unstealable? Is it farmers who rustle these cows or fellow fulanis? Is the bone of Contention between farmers and herders cattle rustling or they herders invading their lands and farms with their cows to eat up their crops? How exactly does this program help the country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2019
300wayne:
U would have made ur input without mentioning the first 8 comments i think you know how to read articles but don't seem to understand sensitivity in them if among everything that is wrong in this country na cow census we need den u n the inventors of the project no get sense..... U can report me to the tribunal if u like

Good morning , dear fellow. Have a splendid day
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2019
bishopkay:

Say what ever you will to make yourself look smart but I got some questions for you... Does counting these animals make them unstealable? Is it farmers who rustle these cows or fellow fulanis? Is the bone of Contention between farmers and herders cattle rustling or they herders invading their lands and farms with their cows to eat up their crops? How exactly does this program help the country?

I stand by my post, and I certainly did not intend to make the post about how smart I was....

Good morning.

Go google animal censuses.

And FYI....I happen to think that Fulanis should set up cattle ranches in the far North, and ship their cows by rail to makrtets elsewhere in the South....just so that you don't think I am a Fulani.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by DelphiOracle(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Also there is this

the cattle were stolen or eaten because they destroyed their farm crops. How do we prevent this action before we talk about the reaction
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Kay25(m): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2019
I hope those cows and animals will vote in 2023? maybe that's why we need count them too
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by mrLhanray(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2019
this govt values Cows than its citizens. it has always been the story since the first tenure, its all about cows. why not count the number of people that has been killed by herdsmen.
why count animals that are butchered everyday for human consumption, this govt is a joke. we should aim high on who to rule, cos Buhari still think we are still in old age where people ride on camels, whereas a country will transport people to space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by GMbuharii: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Also there is this

Everyone should look properly,this post get HORN.
grin
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2019
GMbuharii:

Everyone should look properly,this post get HORN.
grin

Yes, because I'm a reincarnated Viking from the 9th century

Good morning to you too.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by 9jaunite: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2019
grin I have seen it all here
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by GMbuharii: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2019
mrLhanray:
this govt values Cows than its citizens. it has always been the story since the first tenure, its all about cows. why not count the number of people that has been killed by herdsmen.
WHY COUNT ANIMALS THAT ARE BUTCHERED EVERYDAY FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
, this govt is a joke.

Thank you.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lomprico(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Is Buhari your god? Last I knew...I thought he was a mere man, and a rather not too good leader economically speaking.

He is god to you zombies! That's why u support every thing he does good and evil
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by salt1: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2019
Why did they push this news to front page? Can't we just enjoy the euphoria of our victory without having annoying news to rubbish it?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by hush15: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/224888/

where is bbq? his president wants to do census for cows o.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:

He is god to you zombies! That's why u support every thing he does good and evil

Actually, I'm not into poltics, PDP or APC, and as far as I am concerend, this APC government is just as bad as their PDP collagues.

I'm also not a Vodun adherent by the way, which you must be, since you believe in Zombi.

Have fun today, Sir Zombi. (the correct spelling, by the way).
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Bahddo(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Also there is this

it's actually a really stupid idea by the FG, another useless endeavor meant to waste money and achieve nothing.

Unless you are saying you expect illiterate herdsmen to document every birth, death or sale of any of their cows afterwards with some ministry responsible for animal population, that census become obsolete quickly and can even cause more harm than good.

A herdsman can sell a cow and then claim it was stolen, and the census figures would back up his tale of having more cows before. How do you verify such claims? How do you monitor nomads?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Akufo-Addo Meet In Aso Rock / Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu / Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.