Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

FG Begins Animal Census And Identification - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Animal Census And Identification (19629 Views)

Federal Government Begins Animal Census, Identification / Buhari's Administration Begins Animal Census And Identification / $322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lastempero: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu was not wrong after all undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lomprico(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Actually, I'm not into poltics, PDP or APC, and as far as I am concerend, this APC government is just as bad as their PDP collagues.

I'm also not a Vodun adherent by the way, which you must be, since you believe in Zombi.

Have fun today, Sir Zombi. (the correct spelling, by the way).

So Mr zombie, how is cow census going to end rustling if I may ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by 3kay945(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Just short of words... cry

It's a pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2019
Bahddo:
it's actually a really stupid idea by the FG, another useless endeavor meant to waste money and achieve nothing.

Unless you are saying you expect illiterate herdsmen to document every birth, death or sale of any of their cows afterwards with some ministry responsible for animal population, that census become obsolete quickly and can even cause more harm than good.

A herdsman can sell a cow and then claim it was stolen, and the census figures would back up his tale of having more cows before.

Well, India, Pakistan, Belgium, Italy, Uganda, etc actually also do or have done livestock censuses..

The Food and Agriculture Organisation, a unit of the UN also recommends it.

I'm surprised we haven't done it before. Infact, I think we should also count other domestic animals. Helps in planning.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by GMbuharii: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2019
The clueless govt wanna carry out census on Nigerians....side by side with MALUS!!

BUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
grin
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by 3kay945(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:

So Mr zombie, how is cow census going to end rustling if I may ask.

You have time quoting that dude?

Some of them talks or typed as if they are CURSED. so I don't exchange words with them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by kgr8mike(m): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2019
When you have a cattle rearer as head of state, all he thinks about is animals
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by GMbuharii: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2019
I have some Goats in Benin

grin
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:

, how is cow census going to end rustling if I may ask.

Our country would know the actual numbers of cattle in the country, and thus, hopefully, be able to easily investigate any alleged cattle rustling activites.

Other countries do it too..ie count livestock.

Good morning to you too sir.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by asanwafo: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2019
Studyinchina200:
We need to take back our country from this man.
aGo and take it. Embrace modern system of rearing animals and stop complaining. U most not complain over any FG policy cos PMB is leading. The move is in accordance with international best practice. Wailer food don done
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by genesishouse: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

The animal census is to prevent cattle rustling...which is a major bone of contention between Fulani herdsmen and farmers...

If it reduces violence, it is a good idea.

I believe you that this is a good idea and I pray for you that God will rule your life the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by asanwafo: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2019
Saviola247:
The people coming here to blame Buhari are same people who voted him in and I keep asking myself. How could a Nigerian with his senses vote a man who said $1 will be made #1 and instead the money skyrockets into 360#. And you still voted for him.
Force ATiku in to change the story. Wailer is in pain
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2019
genesishouse:

I believe you that this is a good idea and I pray for you that God will rule your life the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria. Amen.

I also pray that the Lord will richly bless you beyond your every need and desire too, my dear friend.

For every curse you send my way, you shall see nothing but blessing from me.

Good morning to you too. May our Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Son , bless you richly , and may you prosper as your soul prospereth.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by tymicjay77: 8:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

The animal census is to prevent cattle rustling...which is a major bone of contention between Fulani herdsmen and farmers...

If it reduces violence, it is a good idea.

How on earth will it reduce violence,... Animal census another means to steal money... Instead of caring out census why not tackle the problem,.this country is jxt a shithole
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by asanwafo: 8:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Economy1:
the killings of innocent souls and the speaking of their blood.
Is it only in Nigeria? They entire world is in crisis brought by religion and struggle for power. So is not only in Nigeria that innocent ones die
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by asanwafo: 8:03am On Jul 11, 2019
lastempero:
Nnamdi Kanu was not wrong after all undecided
That coward na human being?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lomprico(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Our country would know the actual numbers of cattle in the country, and thus, hopefully, be able to easily investigate any alleged cattle rustling activites.

Other countries do it too..ie count livestock.

Good morning to you too sir.

So let's say I have 3 cows and 1 gets stolen. Then you and buhari will start counting the rest of the cows in d country to ascertained that my 1 cow is missing?
undecided
Which other countries does it?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by GMbuharii: 8:06am On Jul 11, 2019
asanwafo:
That coward na human being?
asanwafo:

Is it only in Nigeria? They entire world is in crisis brought by religion and struggle for power. So is not only in Nigeria that innocent ones die

It's easy to spot zombs

grin
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by livebyday(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

As the article said...they want to use the census to help in developing polices around cattle farming...so that they would be able to see how many cattle there are in the country, and plan accordingly for eg feeding.

Countries like India, Pakistan and Uganda (Uganda has several tribes that herd cattle) have conducted suich censuses. Also several European countries have done same.

More info on methodology here
:

I want to engage you .

Even western countries tag and censor Al their livestock true

So I ask , do those countries have the issues Nigeria has? Dead healthcare system, hence.the president travels abroad for healthcare? India you mentioned has one of the best healthcare in the world hence people go there for surgery.

Poor infrastructure? Zero consumer good price regulation?

Security is at a lowest in history! Kidnapping is at an all time high!

Housing challenge, prices rise daily. Do those countries you mentioned still export crude oil and import refined products ?

No working refineries ?

I could go on and on but it seems the government doesn't understand that there is something termed prioritization.

Hence why billgates said he observed buhari doesn't understand the importance of investing in human capital as one of Nigeria greatest resources

I give up
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by genesishouse: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
The first 8 COMMENTS are being made by people who don't seem to read the article.

One thing that causes violence between Fulanis and farmers is that Fulanis often claim their cows were stolen or eaten.

With the census, not only would we know the ACTUAL number of cows in this country, but possibly be able to trace every cow that enters in this country. This would not only reduce rustling, but also prevent cows from being stolen, and also ensure speedy prosecution of cattle rustlers.

And end violence in many parts of the country, and importantly end the whole crisis.

I don't support Fulani violence, or APC, or Buhari. I just like a good idea when I see one.

Also there is this

In other words, there is also a planning component to it.

Thing is, time we started planning our agricultural practice in this country.

N.B: If you quote me to insult me, I will report you to the moderators. No excuses.

Why don't you think for once, after counting the number of cattle's what next?
How will the number be updated?
Is it a continuous monthly exercise because the cow like reproduce in months?
What value addition is the cow business to the economic development of Nigeria?
Is cattle rearing the only form of agriculture and animal husbandry in Nigeria?
Why the sole concentration?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by rOsy247(f): 8:09am On Jul 11, 2019
We are now in animal kingdom.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2019
livebyday:

I want to engage you .

So I ask , do those countries have the issues Nigeria has? Dead healthcare system, hence.the president travels abroad for healthcare? India you mentioned has one of the best healthcare in the world hence people go there for surgery.

Housing challenge, prices rise daily. Do those countries you mentioned still export crude oil and import refined products ?

No working refineries ?

I could go on and on but it seems the government doesn't understand that there is something termed prioritization.

Hence why billgates said he observed buhari doesn't understand the importance of investing in human capital as one of Nigeria greatest resources

I give up

We have to start from somewhere.

We didn't have BVN years ago. We now do...and we had the same issues.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Bahddo(m): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Well, India, Pakistan, Belgium, Italy, Uganda, etc actually also do or have done livestock censuses..

The Food and Agriculture Organisation, a unit of the UN also recommends it.

I'm surprised we haven't done it before. Infact, I think we should also count other domestic animals. Helps in planning.
I can't find proof of your claim for Belgium or Italy. Only india actively does it. Uganda seems to have done it just once and they are still estimating livestock population (the census was useless).

Anyway, the fact that it has been done by other countries does not make it a good idea. If it is meant to resolve claims of stolen cattle, it is a stupid idea.

How do you confirm that the cattle was stolen and not sold? Are you trusting herdsmen who can kill to always tell the truth? Are you expecting nomads to go document any birth, death or sale of their cows?

We can't even accurately tell our human population and you want to count animals that would get killed the next day without any documentation. Good luck wasting our money.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2019
genesishouse:

Why don't you think for once, after counting the number of cattle's what next?
How will the number be updated?
Is it a continuous monthly exercise because the cow like reproduce in months?
What value addition is the cow business to the economic development of Nigeria?
Is cattle rearing the only form of agriculture and animal husbandry in Nigeria?
Why the sole concentration?

Good morning.

Love, not hate. Love, not hate.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by livebyday(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2019
mfm04622:

We all know the importance of human census! What your post shows is you don't know the importance of animal census! I am not Fulani but I keep animals! The tracking aspect will tackle cattle rustling. Cattle rustling is a MAJOR facilitator of crime in Nigeria. The Zamfara problem is majorly cattle rustling. Do you know how many Nigerians have lost their lives to that crisis? This will prevent it. In fact, like many things this Administration is doing, this was planned by GEJ administration but as usual not implemented

Again I state

No working refineries ?

I give up
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2019
tymicjay77:

How on earth will it reduce violence,... Animal census another means to steal money... Instead of caring out census why not tackle the problem,.this country is jxt a shithole

Stop being so afraid, please.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by livebyday(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

We have to start from somewhere.

We didn't have BVN years ago. We now do...and we had the same issues.

And in your logic cattle census is priority?

You do understand what priority means sir right ? I listed just a tip of the myriad issues nigeria has and first the government focuses on ruga now a cattle census

Not the retraining of police by international collaboration or looking at maybe approving the request for state policing ..or maybe building border walls to prevent militia fulani herdsmen from northern Sudan from entering daily ...

Or maybe constitutional amendment or maybe revamping the steel industry

No you think.cattle.census is where to begin?
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 11, 2019
livebyday:

And in your logic cattle census is priority?

You do understand what priority means sir right ? I listed just a tip of the myriad issues nigeria has and first the government focuses on ruga now a cattle census

Not the retraining of police by international collaboration or looking at maybe approving the request for start policing

Or maybe constitutional amendment or maybe revamping the steel industry

No you think.cattle.census is where to begin?

Good morning.

Good luck.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Bahddo(m): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2019
mfm04622:

We all know the importance of human census! What your post shows is you don't know the importance of animal census! I am not Fulani but I keep animals! The tracking aspect will tackle cattle rustling. Cattle rustling is a MAJOR facilitator of crime in Nigeria. The Zamfara problem is majorly cattle rustling. Do you know how many Nigerians have lost their lives to that crisis? This will prevent it. In fact, like many things this Administration is doing, this was planned by GEJ administration but as usual not implemented
cattle rustling isn't a major facilitator of crime in Nigeria. It is a major excuse given by herdsmen after they slaughter humans for whatever reason that suits them.

How is counting cattle going to prevent theft? Thieves wouldn't steal a cow because they would be afraid it has been counted? Your logic is amusing.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by lilyheaven: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Is federal government the owner of these cows?
Tomorrow we will hear, 50billion was allocated for the census
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by owila4luv(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2019
what a useless government
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2019
So here it goes. 12 billion USD appropriated for cow census and biometric verification of cows with smart GPS chips which will always tell their location and black box that will report their last moment before they disappeared all planted in the cow brain and so on and so forth.

Let me ask u supporting this nonsense a question so if you count cows today and tomorrow u count again and some are missing, how do you make sure that it's not the herder that killed it, or it died of disease, or it was sold. Whose testimony on the fate of the missing cows will you hold as true? .

Ndi ala.

I blame the degenerate creatures of darkness and self deluded douchebags that voted buhari sha. This man is not intelligent and is suffering from a lot of things including severe conceptual disorganisation.

This Nigeria is hopeless for all intents and purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence / Ogun Residents Lament As Refuse Takes Over Streets And Roads / El-Rufai Wants Keshi, Emenike In APC To Run For Public Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.