Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa (18632 Views)

Local Rice Price Rise 73% In 12 Months – NBS / We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by FarahAideed: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2019
1x2x3:

Exactly grin. Even if he sells N500 we are ready to buy. Only the lazy ones will complain.

They don't know grin cheesy
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Shaarap Mr man, na today we begin hear such rubbish you are vomiting, the last time they increased the price to N145 they used such stupid lines you are reciting. If they want to increase fuel price let them go ahead but you people should stop taking us as idiots with such baseless and hollow justification. After all we are fully prepared for the next level, even if devil will come down to Nigeria, bring it on, only God will deliver us.
Telkart19:
Good idea

Increase prices, and stop throwing N2 trillion down a drain every year.

In fact, it is better that NNPC stops controlling prices of petroloeum products. Instead, let the market set the price.

Yes..prices of stuff will go up. Yes, we will pay N200 and above for petrol

BUT....eventually, investors would flow in, investment will flow in, and more money will come, and eventually...more refienries, and LOWER PRICES FOR FUEL

Instead of us dashing subsidy cabals 2 trillion every year...let them work for their money. Government can use the savings for things like educaiton, health, etc.

P;S If you quote me to abuse me, I will report you to the mods. I have a right to my opinions.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by useurkidney3121: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:
Which other West African country produce oil like us?

Idiots
Don't mind them... set of wereys

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
tragergeorge:
But to be sincere and realistic 9ja got the lowest in west Africa,, even cost of living here in 9ja is low compare to GH,, hotel na block,,bed sitter na 400k for local area,,plate of bangs soup 5k....even wears na luxury....
Who is the 6th biggest oil producer in the world?You guys defend evil and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2019
flavnwokem:
Shaarap Mr man, na today we begin hear such rubbish you are vomiting, the last time they increased the price to N145 they used such stupid lines you are reciting. If they want to increase fuel price let them go ahead but you people should stop taking us as idiots with such baseless and hollow justification. After all we are fully prepared for the next level, even if devil will come down to Nigeria, bring it on, only God will deliver us.

Nigeria’s fuel subsidy continues to crowd out other development spending. By comparison,, Nigeria’s total allocation for education is about $2.2 billion and it is not much higher for health care. Infant mortality in Nigeria remains unacceptably high at 90.4 per 1,000 live births. In 2004, it was estimated that only 15 percent of the country’s roads were paved. The $8 billion from the fuel subsidy could help to address some of these issues.

In addition, keeping the domestic price of oil artificially low with the fuel subsidy has discouraged additional investment in Nigeria’s oil sector. This is especially problematic given that the oil sector is the lifeblood of the Nigerian economy. Since 2000, Nigeria has issued at least 20 refinery licenses to private companies. However, not one refinery has been built because investors could not recoup their investment under the artificially low price structure

SOURS

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by mastermaestro(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Niger : N390 per liter for fuel

Cameroon : N370 per liter for fuel

Benin : N290 per liter for fuel

And they are all oil producers.

Plus...oil prices are below $70. We need it at $140 to earn enough cash to pay for subsidy.

Plus, subsidy cabals are growing fat on the money

Subsidy removal guarantees more investment, more jobs, and eventually...LOWER PRICES.

p.s I own a car, and use inverter. Yet to buy generator.

I know you are the new paid influencer in the block. Great job!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Plus...oil prices are below $70. We need it at $140 to earn enough cash to pay for subsidy.

Subsidy removal guarantees more investment, more jobs, and eventually...LOWER PRICES.

Could you please list out the cost of living and the cost of governance in these nations and compare it with our poverty headquarter ?
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Question:Which country is one of the biggest producers of crude oil?Why does this same country have to import the fuel they produce?The countries you mentioned all import their fuel because they are not oil producers.
You guys will defend this government until they kill you.
File price increase is the worst punishment Buhari can inflict on Nigerians at this point in time
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by projectNDPRA: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2019
National Dialogue & Policy Reform Awareness http://ndpra.home.blog
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2019
mastermaestro:

I know you are the new paid influencer in the block. Great job!

No, I'm not, and I don't know where to go to get a job as an influencer. If you know, please hook me up...I need to save money for a Dell Inspirion.. grin

Actually, I have supported subsidy removal since 2011...when GEJ's economic people finally talked some sense into my mind. That, plus my reading up over the last 8 years since have convinced me that subsidy has to go.

Before, I was all for subsidy, right from the 1990's when one Baroness Lynda Chalker was telling us that subsidy had to go (and we all thought she was a bad IMF mole).

The truth is, we are spending 2 trillion on a subsidy that could have been used elsewhere. And now, with oil prices being low....the revnue to sustain it is not there anymore.

If it was up to me, I would even set prices at N30 per liter self. Right now. But we can't.

So, sorry, but it is subsidy removal...or we keep taking more and more loans from IMF.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
TheWrita:
Question:Which country is one of the biggest producers of crude oil?Why does this same country have to import the fuel they produce?The countries you mentioned all import their fuel because they are not oil producers.
You guys will defend this government until they kill you.
File price increase is the worst punishment Buhari can inflict on Nigerians at this point in time

1.I was defending GEJ's subsidy removal a while ago.

2.Fact is, we are spending N2 trillion on subsidy every year. Meanwhile, oil prices have been falling since 2014.... right now they are at $66. We need it at $140 to have enough cash to subsidse fuel and do everything else.

So, either we remove subsidy, or we keep taking loans. Your choice. Nothing to do with government, or whatever. (And to me, APC is just PDP that did not get into PDP...).

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Ten06(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
That that they are thinking of raising the fuel price to Africa standard I hope they will also raise the minimum wages to Africa standard
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Could you please list out the cost of living and the cost of governance in these nations and compare it with our poverty headquarter ?

Niger is poorer than we are.

Benin and Cameroon are jsut around our level.

Next question.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by RTSC: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
There is nothing Nigerians benefit from the federal government.

Even subsidy that should be automatic is now being debated like a privilege.

Sai buhari. Una go hear word.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by octavia77(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
how many west african countries produces oil as nigeria?
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by freemanq(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Animal's Talk ooooooooo
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by ChristineC: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
Good idea

Increase prices, and stop throwing N2 trillion down a drain every year.

In fact, it is better that NNPC stops controlling prices of petroloeum products. Instead, let the market set the price.

Yes..prices of stuff will go up. Yes, we will pay N200 and above for petrol

BUT....eventually, investors would flow in, investment will flow in, and more money will come, and eventually...more refienries, and LOWER PRICES FOR FUEL

Instead of us dashing subsidy cabals 2 trillion every year...let them work for their money. Government can use the savings for things like educaiton, health, etc.

P;S If you quote me to abuse me, I will report you to the mods. I have a right to my opinions.

[url=http://www.eria.org/Chapter%208-Impact%20of%20Fuel%20Subsidy%20Removal%20on%20Government%20Spending.pdf]
SAUCE[/url]
common sense is lacking in your life, that's why dullards bank on votes of your kind to rule.

PS: you can stuff your mods in your ass.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by tsinzu: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Next level scam
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by GEEBITE: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Are they earning naira in Ghana. Obviously you havent heard about purchasing power parity.Nothing is expensive there,it is your country currency that has very low value.
tragergeorge:
But to be sincere and realistic 9ja got the lowest in west Africa,, even cost of living here in 9ja is low compare to GH,, hotel na block,,bed sitter na 400k for local area,,plate of bangs soup 5k....even wears na luxury....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
ChristineC:
common sense is lacking in my life, that's why dullards bank on votes of my kind to rule.

PS: I will stuff my words in my ass.

Good morning to you too.

Do be more decent in your life, madam
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Tianamen1: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
jamexborn:
Is the cheapest because our naira has no value,
Instead of working on how to improve the value of naira...you are there trying to inflict more poverty and hardship on ur citizen because you and your people all have crossed the line of average

I’m waiting on when the youths will rise against these people

The most intelligent comment so far

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by chukwuibuipob: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
embarassed
Bolustical:
Before you type rubbish. Read that news and point out where NNPC hinted a raise in the pump price.

So if a company says Nigerian garri is the cheapest in the world, it means there will be a raise in the price
embarassed
Bolustical:
Before you type rubbish. Read that news and point out where NNPC hinted a raise in the pump price.

So if a company says Nigerian garri is the cheapest in the world, it means there will be a raise in the price
Bolu! i'm a Buharist since 83.i strongly disagree with ur position on diz.Read dat statement ova and ova again.I'm tired of all these Ruga,killing, kidnapping, etc.Baba bubu shud wake up biko
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by jamesharryson(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
LANDLORD72:

You are Agent of Next Level
Hmmmmm! Back to sender!!! I reject it.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by fineboynl(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
I have already prepared for this after the fraud election result was announced. welcome the next level babe go slow the best president ever.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Bluntemperor: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
What are the benefits of NNPC,FERMA,CUSTOMS,DISCOS,GEMCOS and other big Names to the generality of poor Nigerians?.Most owners of Petrol Stations in Nigeria are former directors and workers of NNPC The new NNPC Manager in town(Mr Kyari) has spewed out what they would do in years to come and is already dangling it even before our Senate.up till now Minimum wage is still in cooler and by then Labour leaders will be divided once they begin to dance to various authority including traveling overseas for various estacodes thereby living Nigerians in limbo.a friend left Nigeria to USA ten-years ago saying he never witnessed black-out a day!!.How far sir about light in Nigeria?.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Sidneyjack: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
It should not be tried again In this country. We have the oil, why comparing the price here to that those countries that don't have it.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by TruthHurts100: 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Bastards, do those other countries in west Africa have crude oil?

Awon werey. They don't think.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Firefire(m): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
Very good. Una must suffer for voting the economic terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by ultimatebas(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
Tofax:
This govt is the most fraudulent and conning in the history of mankind.

You can say that again
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by princeade86(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:
Which other West African country produce oil like us?

Idiots
even Libya and Algeria sells below 60 naira.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by etikaamos(m): 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
This is just pathetic. this is just one country were the leaders see their subject as fools,were decisions are take by advanced tout n uncivilized cattle rearer. we ain't safe in our country n travelling abroad isn't even an option right now due to the way we castigated n segregated like an infested bird. it's really a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinedu Obidigwe Distributes 200 Motorcycles And 600 Bags Of Rice (Photos) / Hon. Gbajabimila & Hon. Wase Agrees To Run Together As Speaker And Deputy / IGP deploys DIG, AIG, 11 CPs for Ondo election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.