Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,321 members, 7,822,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa (18639 Views)

NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol / We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Advantaged1: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
I am glad at the insensitivity of this government.

We asked for it, he have it.

Fela sang 'suffering and smiling'. His words still find meaning till date.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
This people again
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
TheWrita:
I'm sure housing use a car and you dont have a generator.

Niger : N390 per liter for fuel

Cameroon : N370 per liter for fuel

Benin : N290 per liter for fuel

And they are all oil producers.

Plus...oil prices are below $70. We need it at $140 to earn enough cash to pay for subsidy.

Plus, subsidy cabals are growing fat on the money

Subsidy removal guarantees more investment, more jobs, and eventually...LOWER PRICES.

p.s I own a car, and use inverter. Yet to buy generator.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Candytvng: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2019
hmmm
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by UncleJudax(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2019
grin kiss
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
1x2x3:
I agree with NNPC. N150 is cheap and we are ready to buy at N350 without complains.

The good thing is that this price is the same for those who are chanting APC, the price is same for those who think some part of the country are not politically savvy for not voting Buhari.

We will all queue under the sun and pay N350 per litre and the fuel attendant won't ask if you voted Buhari or not grin grin grin.

We are fully ready to buy at the next level price.
grin grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by kingigwe1: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
tragergeorge:
But to be sincere and realistic 9ja got the lowest in west Africa,, even cost of living here in 9ja is low compare to GH,, hotel na block,,bed sitter na 400k for local area,,plate of bangs soup 5k....even wears na luxury....
cos of 10k FG or buhari do pay u to type rubbish make u no get sense. Can't u eat d money and type like a human being with conscience. How many west Africa have oil as Nigeria, also what's d economic power of NaijA compare to ghana

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by decision01: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
Good idea

Increase prices, and stop throwing N2 trillion down a drain every year.

In fact, it is better that NNPC stops controlling prices of petroloeum products. Instead, let the market set the price.

Yes..prices of stuff will go up. Yes, we will pay N200 and above for petrol

BUT....eventually, investors would flow in, investment will flow in, and more money will come, and eventually...more refienries, and LOWER PRICES FOR FUEL

Instead of us dashing subsidy cabals 2 trillion every year...let them work for their money. Government can use the savings for things like educaiton, health, etc.

P;S If you quote me to abuse me, I will report you to the mods. I have a right to my opinions.
And you feel the 2Trillion won't pass through the underground tunnels? How old are you?
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by eluelu: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2019
Buharii and His APC gangs are researching seriously on appropriate lies and deceit they will present to Nigerian, so there gullible fellows we start using as a tool to attack anyone that is against it.
It will work for them, because all Nigerian are good in argument and media ranting but no action.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2019
juvewalex:
Before it was increased to #145 , we were told it would eliminate subsidies and also our local refineries would start working in full force which was a white lie because billions of naira still going for subsidies and refineries are dead . Nigerians can't trust you guys again with any proposed pump price increment . If government stops paying subsidies at the expense of fuel being sold for #350, politicians will have more billions to loot at both FD and state levels, refineries will not get fixed still and etc. You extract crude oil , you export it and import the final product back to Nigeria. It's crazy I must say and should not be heard of anywhere ...

The N87 to N145 increase was to reduce the amount of cash the government spent on subsidy, especially as revenue available from crude had fallen

At the time, import cost of fuel was at N120 and above.

The N145 increase eliminated subsidy...till landing costs went up to N180, now N200.

Meanwhile, oil prices are still too low for us to sustain subsidies.

Plus, no investor is going to come and invest in our refineries...because with price controls, you are running the refineries at a loss.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Thegamingorca(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Premium motor spirits lol
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2019
decision01:
And you feel the 2Trillion won't pass through the underground tunnels? How old are you?

500 years, 3 months and 5 days old today, dear lord Mars.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by ADIBEFRANK(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2019
You are right am on the same page with you
Telkart19:
Good idea

In fact, it is better that NNPC stops controlling prices of petroloeum products. Instead, let the market set the price.

BUT....eventually, investors would flow in, investment will flow in, and more money will come, and eventually...more refienries, and LOWER PRICES FOR FUEL

Instead of us dashing subsidy cabals 2 trillion every year...let them work for their money. Government can use the savings for things like educaiton, health, etc.

P;S If you quote me to abuse me, I will report you to the mods. I have a right to my opinions.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2019
Minimum wage is taking forever to be implemented and we are already discussing hike in fuel price. Why are the refineries not working after 5 years?? Too many unfulfilled promises by Buhari. Nigeria isn't getting better under APC...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2019
Justpd:

Your type don't even have any right to think.
Your brain is a disaster

Good morning to you too, sir.

I hope your day goes well.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by onatisi(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2019
very good move
they should even introduce the new rates by next week
afterall nigerians voted for next level of poverty
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Olanipekun1: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2019
[s]
Bolustical:
Before you type rubbish. Read that news and point out where NNPC hinted a raise in the pump price.

So if a company says Nigerian garri is the cheapest in the world, it means there will be a raise in the price
[/s]
trash trash trash

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by ksstroud: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
Good idea

Story story...

They said this during the era before this current regime, people cast it.

Believe all these analysis at your own risk.

Insincerity filled up everywhere

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by ADIBEFRANK(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2019
Wow..... Am happy to learn from u
Telkart19:

The N87 to N145 increase was to reduce the amount of cash the government spent on subsidy, especially as revenue available from crude had fallen

At the time, import cost of fuel was at N120 and above.

The N145 increase eliminated subsidy...till landing costs went up to N180, now N200.

Meanwhile, oil prices are still too low for us to sustain subsidies.

Plus, no investor is going to come and invest in our refineries...because with price controls, you are running the refineries at a loss.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by nototribalist: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2019
and how many west africa sales crude oil like us
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
ADIBEFRANK:
You are right am on the same page with you

If government is serious, there will be benefits long term.

But the truth is, there are a lot of poor people in this country...and telling them there would be hardship...if only for a few years...is not poltically good.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by FarahAideed: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
1x2x3:
I agree with NNPC. N150 is cheap and we are ready to buy at N350 without complains.

The good thing is that this price is the same for those who are chanting APC, the price is same for those who think some part of the country are not politically savvy for not voting Buhari.

We will all queue under the sun and pay N350 per litre and the fuel attendant won't ask if you voted Buhari or not grin grin grin.

We are fully ready to buy at the next level price.

If you voted him and you come here to argue about the price then thunder from Burkina Faso will fire you and your generation.

The funny thing I have noticed is that it's Buhari supporter s are the ones who will not be able to afford the new price

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Uniquewhyte99(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Dear Kyari and team,

Plz channel your energy towards revamping our almost dead refineries to reduce importation of petroleum products and consequently increase revenue for the government you work for. Nigerians are already suffering, don't add salt to our injury.

Signed:
Concerned Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2019
ksstroud:

Story story...

They said this during the era before this current regime, people cast it.

Believe all these analysis at your own risk.

Insincerity filled up everywhere

Well, we are throwing away 2 trillion naira every year on subsidy cabals, some of whom head to Benin and Niger and Cameroon, sell at higher prices, and make a profit at our expense.

Let's remove subsidy, so that those people can stop eating our money....meanwhile, we need that money in our educaiton sector. (If government is serious).
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Deepthoughts: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Islie:

• Senate moves to protect indigenous airlines, probes unfair competition

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nnpc-hints-of-fuel-pump-price-rise-says-n145-cheapest-in-west-africa/
Now Nigerians can see the kind of person buhari is!, let's hope dangote petrochemicals comes on stream soonest n put a stop to this NNPC abracadabra just the way GSM sent nitel into oblivion n brought about business boom, Atiku as an astute business man foresaw n intended to maximize the opportunities in the petroleum sector but the 'saints' wouldn't allown him,Las Las we will aii suffer the pains.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by jamesharryson(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
Good idea

Sorry dear, but you are not part of this country. Because if you are, you will know that they increased the fuel price because they said they removed subsidy.

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:
Which other West African country produce oil like us?

Idiots
and yet fuel is cheaper than water in Libya atleast before Gaddafi was annihilated.. Even Dubai though not Africa it's almost free..
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by LANDLORD72: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2019
Islie:

• Senate moves to protect indigenous airlines, probes unfair competition

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nnpc-hints-of-fuel-pump-price-rise-says-n145-cheapest-in-west-africa/
How many West African countries has crude oil
God will punish Buhari AMEN
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by gabicon: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2019
lomprico:
Which other West African country produce oil like us?

Idiots

none, but the production is inconsequential, it's refining that gets the pms to us. We don't refine oil, instead, we buy refined oil from the open market and we have to sell at open market price the other West African countries are already doing it. If I were to speculate conspiracy theory I will say "Dangote is coming !!!" the price has to change.
Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by 1x2x3: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2019
FarahAideed:

The funny thing I have noticed is that it's Buhari supporter s are the ones who will not be able to afford the new price

Exactly grin. Even if he sells N500 we are ready to buy. Only the lazy ones will complain.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa by LANDLORD72: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=jamesharryson post=80157355][/quote]
You are Agent of Next Level

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wikipedia Puts Tinubu’s Age At 79 On Daughter’s Page After Multiple Edits - FIJ / Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State / Charles Udoh Who Survived Reigners Church Building Collapse Recuperating (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.