Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released (16788 Views)

Teacher, 26, Charged With Sexually Abusing 15-year-old Boy She Met In Church / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder / Mastermind of Abuja bank robbery arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by livebyday(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=thewon1 post=80158798][/quote]

Bro back then if you see what that kids mom did

She went as far as accusing the kids that they took her son's wallet blah blah blah that they didn't.inform the authority of.the accident

Trust me she was on vindictive rich lady all because only her son died

Just saying don't believe all these things sometimes there's always more to it
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by cupid4ig(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
Katasha:
My bro from the SouthAfrica bought me this data.
I want to sell it abeg. Wetin I wan use about 100gig do.

Am selling 10gig for 3k.

Airtel Line please. Send me a whatsap Message.

No bargain abeg. Hope you know its cheap. Please No bargain.
scam
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by sweetrace(f): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
Is there bail for a murder charge?
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by 2mch(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
sweetrace:
I am surprised. It should not be bailable. Most of our police and lawyers don’t know the law. Those children will escape Nigeria once bailed.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by GURION: 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
Katasha:
My bro from the SouthAfrica bought me this data.
I want to sell it abeg. Wetin I wan use about 100gig do.

Am selling 10gig for 3k.

Airtel Line please. Send me a whatsap Message.

No bargain abeg. Hope you know its cheap. Please No bargain.

sad

Bros, u wan sell expired data to innocent person? Or u no look the expiry date?

Take ham easy ooo
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Abeos(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
sweetrace:

Don't think it's directly a murder case maybe manslaughter
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by sweetrace(f): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
Abeos:

Don't think it's directly a murder case maybe manslaughter

Okay
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by charmi1(f): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kolkata Classifieds >https:///2W91UnX
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Philipmems(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
thewon1:

You should not just pick your phone and type anything you like in a matter you know nothing about

If you know more about the case and have a legal background then speak up, otherwise hold your peace I don't talk to ignorant people

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by CarlsJaz567(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
It was reported in the news that CCTV video shows that the boys saw their friend struggling in the pool but did nothing to save him. It appears it was a "beefing" kind of situation.

Excerpt from SaharaReporters :http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/10/police-arrest-three-uniabuja-students-who-watched-friend-drown-because-he-has-shakara

"""The family friend said during the interrogation, one of the friends admitted that he could have rescued the deceased but the other prevented him from doing so.

She added, “One of the boys said that he wanted to raise an alarm to save the boy but the other two boys asked him not to. That the deceased is always doing ‘shakara’ because his father is rich, he went further to say that the other one said all the girls are always admiring the deceased so he should let him be. These are just 17/18 year-old boys.

“Watching the CCTV footage where the friends were watching him drown and collectively decided because there was a time they grouped together to discuss for about a minute and from the confession of one of them, it is not only traumatic for me but also disheartening.

“They watched their friend die out of jealousy and envy. According to them, it was the deceased that paid N2, 000 gate fee for them and also bought fish and juice which they all drank."""

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by godofuck231: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
ivolt:
With a good lawyer, they will walk free.
Callousness is not illegal.
try ad understand the scene as it happened , there's a rule for using a pool , and the evidence was on cam, this is what happens when you relate with poor people , destruction isn't far ,the destroy and have no remorse
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Nerve10(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
The CCTV show that:
These guys watched while the victim was drawing, and left the pool when they confirmed that he is dead.
They took some items from the victim's clothes.
They didn't report or raise alarm during or after the incident.

It was gathered that the victim even paid all the flexing bill for the trio.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
That is the beginning of the end of this case and these wicked devils will go free.

Buhari see your life?

The truth is they didn't kill him, they just watched him die and left. A case many Nigerian normally practice ( although theirs is out of fear of police wahala.)

I pray karma visits the two friends and they shall forever be haunted by their guilt.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
Parents when your child don de show jealous and oju kokoro.... stop am. Let him cry if e wan cry.

Jealousy friends killed this promising boy...

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by ivolt: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
godofuck231:
try ad understand the scene as it happened , there's a rule for using a pool , and the evidence was on cam, this is what happens when you relate with poor people , destruction isn't far ,the destroy and have no remorse
Those are rules not laws.
Those boys signed no contract to look after their friend.
They can only be guilty if they forced him into the pool with prior knowledge that he can't swim.
Even then, a murder charge wouldn't stick, maybe manslaughter.
I am strictly speaking about possible legal consequence, not morality.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Emanodimo(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
ivolt:
With a good lawyer, they will walk free.
Callousness is not illegal.

At first, he wasn't push into the swimming pool.

So, they are likely to go scot free.

Lesson learnt, know who u are.

If ur friend keep calling u to something u know u have no knowledge or strength to do.... Please flee
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by BENEAMATA: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
Philipmems:
What Charge them for murder because they did not render aid to a drowning man? Really Nigeria, how did this case even get to court- (because the deceased
man's family is wealthy). Ever since Nigerian leaders have been watching its constituents slaughtered like animal who has been charged or taken to court
previous info about balogun's death revealed they were picked on the cctv by the pool watching their friend drowning and stopping one of them from offering help after which they emptied the deceased pocket and sneaked out .
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by godofuck231: 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
ivolt:

Those are rules not laws.
Those boys signed no contract to look after their friend.
They can only be guilty if they forced him into the pool with prior knowledge that he can't swim.
Even then, a murder charge wouldn't stick, maybe manslaughter.
I am strictly speaking about possible legal consequence, not morality.
you didn't seem to fo)own up this story ,ok it's well
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by executive12: 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
Philipmems:
What Charge them for murder because they did not render aid to a drowning man? Really Nigeria, how did this case even get to court- (because the deceased
man's family is wealthy). Ever since Nigerian leaders have been watching its constituents slaughtered like animal who has been charged or taken to court

What they did will constitute a crime even in the US. I hope they get jail time without option of fine.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by executive12: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
livebyday:
Wait they are accused of murder because they didn't give into save a drowning class mate ??

Is it established they can swim? Who.trained then?

This case looks like oppression. Forget if they were jealous of the guys status that's besides the point . These kids are small children they saw a colleague friend ng maybe they froze in fear!

This reminds of a similar case when I was a kid in unilag

Some popular kid drove for grind awards with his friends they were all drunk had a car accident only the rich kid died ! His mum.goes beserk arrests all the kids who were in the car accuses them of letting her son drive knowing.he was drink because they were jealous

So this is very similar ... Supposing they were scsed they would drown too these are just little boys 16 and 17 years of age

This case stinks angry

They did not render help, and they did not report the case. They just dressed up and went back to school leaving the guy in the pool. They should be jailed.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Philipmems(m): 5:13am On Jul 12, 2019
executive12:

What they did will constitute a crime even in the US. I hope they get jail time without option of fine.

Are you serious or you are just assuming? Please educate yourself on the laws of the land. The law and morality has nothing in common. I live in the US and there is no law that say I must render help to someone in a precarious situation.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Philipmems(m): 5:16am On Jul 12, 2019
BENEAMATA:
previous info about balogun's death revealed they were picked on the cctv by the pool watching their friend drowning and stopping one of them from offering help after which they emptied the deceased pocket and sneaked out .

If they stole from the deceased they can be charged for theft but not murder. Please check the definition of murder and see if they fit that category.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by CarlsJaz567(m): 8:03am On Jul 12, 2019
Philipmems:

Are you serious or you are just assuming? Please educate yourself on the laws of the land. The law and morality has nothing in common. I live in the US and there is no law that says I must render help to someone in a precarious situation.

Do you know of the recent news of a young woman is currently being charged for the murder of her own yet unborn baby, just because she got shot in the belly by another woman that she picked a fight with? She was considered responsible for the murder because she took action of provoking a fight and therefore endangered the life of her unborn baby that she was pregnant with!

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/alabama-woman-charged-fetal-death-shooter-free-64015674

These young guys were immoral and committed a criminal offence by watching him die without making any effort to either rescue him themselves or seek for help!
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by livebyday(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2019
executive12:

They did not render help, and they did not report the case. They just dressed up and went back to school leaving the guy in the pool. They should be jailed.

Agreed but remember it's the reported version all Iam saying what that incident taught me back then in unilag is some parents can twist and change things to suite their intention

Just think about it , they said these kids just dressed up and left ? Just like that ? When everyone saw them go out with that kid?

It doesn't add up is all I am saying and having witnessed something similar don't be surprised if another totally different version of events is soon released
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by charmi1(f): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2019
Free Classifieds In Mumbai > /mumbaiclassified

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Police Arrest Nigerians For Selling Indian Hemp / Court Convicts Evans, Two Others Of Kidnapping Businessman, Donatus Duru / Seven Die As Gunmen Raid Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.