Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body (1088 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / Danfo Driver Seen Changing Gear Between The Laps Of A Female Passenger (Photos) / Where Can I Get This Throttle Body For Chevy Trailblazer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by naphunlimited(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2019
Please can somebody here help me. I just changed my throttle body and throttle position sensor and now my car delays I'm changing gear. The car is Honda baby boy v4.
Please what should l do now?
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by autologic: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2019
naphunlimited:
Please can somebody here help me. I just changed my throttle body and throttle position sensor and now my car delays I'm changing gear. The car is Honda baby boy v4.
What is the reason for changing the TPS assembly in the first place .
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by naphunlimited(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
The TP sensor was not working properly that was the reason for the change.
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by Lexusgs430: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
naphunlimited:

Was gear shifting properly, before this change ? Do you still have old parts ?......
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by naphunlimited(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yes the gear was shifting normally, befor the change, or could it be the TPS? Or does the TPS needs calibration?
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by autologic: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2019
naphunlimited:
Yes the gear was shifting normally, befor the change, or could it be the TPS? Or does the TPS needs calibration?

Change to your old TPS and if the gear shift properly then you bought a bad TPS.
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by Lexusgs430: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2019
naphunlimited:

Only one way to find out........... Have your vehicle scanned for any pending codes now......

Replace TPS, after a few hours of driving, scan and compare codes (if any).......

If gear changes properly after you replaced TPS, it simply means the TPS was probably not your initial issue, but something else.......
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Jul 12, 2019
naphunlimited:

Now back to your original issue, why did you initially change this parts?....
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by naphunlimited(m): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
Thanks guys, l change back to the former throttle plate and the gear now selects normally.

Thanks for the advice's.
Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by Lexusgs430: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
naphunlimited:
Thanks guys, l change back to the former throttle plate and the gear now selects normally.

Thanks for the advice's.

Sack your mechanic ............

4 Likes

Re: Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body by naphunlimited(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
The mech. now claims that he did something that's why its now selecting gear. He refused to tell me what he did after intense argument about changing to the old throttle plate.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know If The Mileage Of A Vehicle Has Been Rolled Back? / Toyota Sienna 2008 Help / I'm Looking For Benz GLC 300 4matic SUV. 2020 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.