Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,364 members, 7,836,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? (2096 Views)

Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) / Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) / Even Oby Ezekwesili’s Sons Know I Am Not A Rapist, Mustapha Audu Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by tenor(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2007
He raped her, she confided in me and i've made him suffer.He's still suffering!I'll do it again if i have to. But is this wrong?
NB:i do not regret my actions!
Has it happened to you before?He should pay!
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by OmoEko1(f): 6:14pm On May 10, 2007
tenor:

He raped her, she confided in me and i've made him suffer.He's still suffering!I'll do it again if i have to. But is this wrong?
NB:i do not regret my actions!
Has it happened to you before?He should pay!
I understand a rapist has to suffer the consequence for raping her but why are you putting the law into your own hands undecided to solve this issue. Why don't you report the incident to the cops when it happened?

If I may ask what you did to this offender, what was his punishment?

I hope your friend is okay sha but she still need to talk to a counselor to help her out because it will talk time and years for her to get back to her old self sad sad cry
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by tenor(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2007
Sweetheart omo eko, have you ever lived in Nigeria. A woman when raped is the victim and at the same time she has to prove her innocence and her sanity. In America the possibilties exist that the offender is prosecuted. In Nigeria, the situation is hopeless. i pray it doesn't happen to you. Its the wearer of the shoe that knows where it hurts.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by OmoEko1(f): 7:51pm On May 10, 2007
tenor:

Sweetheart omo eko, have you ever lived in Nigeria. A woman when raped is the victim and at the same time she has to prove her innocence and her sanity. In America the possibilties exist that the offender is prosecuted. In Nigeria, the situation is hopeless. i pray it doesn't happen to you. Its the wearer of the shoe that knows where it hurts.

Yes oh I leaved in Niaja but left during my teenage years grin grin, but I understand we got no law in Nigeria that protect rape victims unlike abroad however am sure there is something the cops can do a little but meanwhile if there isn't nothing that can be done, I guess we have to put it in God hands to make the judgment. "What goes around comes back around", his own karma is coming to hurt him.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Seun(m): 8:04pm On May 10, 2007
We have some really harsh laws that protect rape victims.
The problem is that offenders are not prosecuted.
Rape victims are generally not woman enough to fight in court. They are timid.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by debosky(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2007
Cut his balls off and feed them to the dogs. angry angry

he deserves whatever he gets, in naija your life is practically over if folk find out you've been raped, its not a case of timidity, but the associated social stigma and possible rejection by potential suitors that make them keep quiet.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Seun(m): 8:09pm On May 10, 2007
in naija your life is practically over if folk find out you've been raped
Oh come on. All Nigerian men are not fools. If you are HIV negative, you can can still find a good man to take home.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by OmoEko1(f): 8:11pm On May 10, 2007
debosky:

he deserves whatever he gets, in naija your life is practically over if folk find out you've been raped, its not a case of timidity, but the associated social stigma and possible rejection by potential suitors that make them keep quiet.
Haba debo  grin grin grin violence doesn't solve the issue oh, cutting the guys balls won't take away the pains and sorrow that girl has been through. What we need now is a law that protect rape victims in NIGERIA
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by debosky(m): 8:15pm On May 10, 2007
He will be an example to other such rapists, better yet, hang him upside down from third mainland bridge by his balls till they cut off angry angry

laws should be enforced, but any one who is caught must face the maximum punishment : take a broomstick, stick it up his JT and break it, so that a long piece of broom remains inside, tell me the woman he will try to rape after that happens to him.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by OmoEko1(f): 8:19pm On May 10, 2007
Debo are you crazyyyyy grin grin

@tenor
ABEG!!!!Don't cut is balls or beats ohhhhh  , you might get arrested  grin grin, just put everything in God hands.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Seun(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2007
I've had enough of this cutting ball shit. Jungle justice is not what we're advocating here. It's unnecessary.

As bad as rape might be, murder is even worse. Debosky, please caution yourself. This your way of thinking can destroy your life if you live in a developed country. Rapists should be tried in court, not murdered.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by IBDat(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2007
Of course he should f-ing pay n u should feel proud but anything short of being castrated he hasn't paid enuff nor will he think twice the next time.
Another resolution might be he himself being raped - in this day n age can easily be arranged!
I have no sympathy for rapist nor can i understand their reasoning - They should all be hanged by their genitals!!!

Law in Naija is a joke and not all women are prepared to face that long and embarrassing process.

@Debosky = I 2nd u on all those points.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by debosky(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2007
@ Seun even in the developed countries, its deterrence that stops people from committing crimes.

people learn by example - you teach a few a lesson, and the others will fall in line.

In the absence of the trials, the methods I have prescribed above should be freely utilised.

In many cases rape leads to suicide, so in my opinion, its just as bad as murder.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by tenor(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2007
DEBOWSKY and ibdat, you understand what i'm trying to say. The guy i punished will never be heard of, again. He has ruined someone's life and has had his own ruined. If i know some other victim he will pay dearly. For those against jungle justice its easy for you to advocate for a non existent legal system to take care of the matter when you are not the victim! Reality, my friends, reality!
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by OmoEko1(f): 4:30am On May 11, 2007
tenor:

DEBOWSKY and ibdat, you understand what i'm trying to say. The guy i punished will never be heard of, again. He has ruined someone's life and has had his own ruined. If i know some other victim he will pay dearly. For those against jungle justice its easy for you to advocate for a non existent legal system to take care of the matter when you are not the victim! Reality, my friends, reality!
Come on man, i don't have to be a victim of a rape to know how the girl feels or the pains she and her family are going through right now cry cry cry but like i said before you cutting his balls wouldn't slove nothing.

debo and ibdat shrapppppppppp grin grin grin
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by deyour(f): 9:46am On May 11, 2007
Tenor, can you tell us the exact punishment you gave the guy?
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by tenor(m): 11:37pm On May 11, 2007
All i can say that it was good enough to keep him out forever. Listen, do you know that most rapists commit more than once in their lifetime. The first time it is perpertuated the "legal system" takes care of it by ignoring the rapist and ostracizing the victim. That gives the rapist the "liver" to do it the 2nd time. Omo-eko,deyour if you've been raped you'll change your stance, trust me. I've seen it done and its not fantastic. Forget TV or film depiction. Its dehumanizing and such men are usually "liverless". You should see them during punishment, they turn to crying babies.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by deyour(f): 4:49pm On May 15, 2007
My dear, i was just curious that all, i never said it was okay for the guy to rape your friend.
No lady in her right mind will have any compassion for a rapist.
But why have you refused to answer the question?
What exactly did you do to the guy. I live here in Nigeria and i know about the system so believe me, am not about to tell you to get him arrested because i know where that will end
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:56pm On May 15, 2007
debosky:

Thank you.

all this "go to the cops" garbage is just garbage. You'd be lucky if you got an officer when you're robbed talkless of being raped. And considering that Nigeria is a country where most men still cry about virginity in women, how the hell is the victim supposed to feel? Nonsense

Kudos to the OP.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by tenor(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Thank you.

all this "go to the cops" garbage is just garbage. You'd be lucky if you got an officer when you're robbed talkless of being raped. And considering that Nigeria is a country where most men still cry about virginity in women, how the hell is the victim supposed to feel? Nonsense

Kudos to the OP.
Thanks for being realistic! I'm not trying to say I'm pious but think of it, we have sisters, mothers. Anyone can be a victim. Check the statistics. its alarming!
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by dav234: 6:21am On Oct 28, 2008
tenor who are you to cast the first stone??you have no right to take life or give,you just let the guy put you in a serious troble,in which the effect will be on you later or your kids,you have let the autorities do it or turn it to God
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:32am On Dec 12, 2008
To die in the hands of a masochistic butcher is far more blissful than be raped by anyone.
u do well, it is only in societies such as ours that rapists actually tell their escapades over drinks with educated, working, bankers and graduates.
these days, it is routine to rape a girl (under 18) and boast about it in public.

Seriously, ever get into a beer-induced conversation from Palms, Mega to Ikeja, you will hear these stories like match highlights from the Barclays Premiership. It is real, Rape is a crime of fashion in Nigeria. so if you ever get your hands on a Rapist, take the law into your own hands (make sure nobody's watching)
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by ZinZino: 1:21am On Dec 14, 2008
How do you know the girl was telling the truth? why didnt you just refer the case to the cops and let them investigate the damn case! What if she was lying or sumthin'?

Jungle justice doesnt solve anything except knee jerk reactions that could prove fatal if no well handled!

@poster

That wasnt right! Thats why the law is there. If it doesnt work then you take the next action you deem fit but not the other way around!
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by bonnez(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2008
debosky:

He will be an example to other such rapists, better yet, hang him upside down from third mainland bridge by his balls till they cut off angry angry

laws should be enforced, but any one who is caught must face the maximum punishment : take a broomstick, stick it up his JT and break it, so that a long piece of broom remains inside, tell me the woman he will try to rape after that happens to him.

Thanks Debosky. thats what i'd do.

@ poster theres no need feeling bad about what you did. the idiot deserved it
can you imagine a man attempted to rape my 12yr old kid sister few months ago. i'm talking about a man with a pregnant wife. i dealt with him very well. the only reason he's still breathing is that he did not succeed for if he did, he'd be history by now i swear.
Go to the cops here in Naija?? they just made a mess of the case. arrested the idiot and before you knew it, the scandal was all over town, spread by the cops themselves. eachtime we visited the station people came out in troops to see my sis (they kept asking us to come back) and before we could realise what happened, they had released the idiot and closed the case without our consent just because he had one politician brother.

now tell me how you expect me to feel about it?
hand it over to God??
i dealt with the idiot and i'd do it to any idiot who dares attempt to rape my sis or any other female i'm close to.
any man who cannot control his libido should go hire a love-vendor.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by chyk91(m): 4:52am On Jan 08, 2009
no u av not done wrong oh.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by bluespice(f): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2009
not at all
u have actually done what ive been hoping for some fat-faced bugger for some time now
b.t.w do tell if u dont mind what it was exactly u did
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Igonih(m): 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hmmm I wonder what all these peace preaching people would do if they or their sisters or wives gets rapped will we hear oh leave it in Gods hands he raped me but dont punish him let karma deal with him, will we hear that bastard raped my mother, wife, daughter please deal with him so bad that if he sees another woman he will melt out of fear. Only when it happens to us can we tell how others it happened to feel.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by oge4real(f): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
I hope you did not kill the rapist? I am in support of any other type of "justice".
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 09, 2010
i dont support this kind of jungle justice ONE BIT because i have seen what women can do when they are mad!
it is too easy for some gal to just say:"he raped me" and for the accused to be vilified/murdered!

let it all go in front of judges and jury because if we start like this then EVERYTHING should be dealt with through jungle justice.

419 steal my money, i kill him!
arm robber take my car, i kill him!
gal turned my advances down, i kill her!

where should we put the limit?!
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Sissy3(f): 3:35am On Apr 09, 2010
no you havent done anything WRONG any person who commits such act deserves everything coming to him. i hope you leaved a scar on him, at least it will remind him of that as long he live
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
It is very wrong to advocate jungle justice or descend into sheer barbarism by carrying out mindless cult-style mutilation. You have no right whatsoever to take life.

It is your responsibility to encourage the girl take the matter up with the relevant law enforcement agencies and not take the law into your hands. You cannot and should not constitute yourself into a judge, jury and executioner.

One final point is that you only have the girls word that the violation occurred.
Re: Have I Done Wrong By Making A Rapist Pay Dearly? by cold(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2010
Men are not killed for stealing horses but that horses may not be stolen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Teacher Rapes 7-year-old Girl, House Maid / Lady Accused Of Witchcraft Get Stripped, Tied Up And Burned By Mob(photos) / Scammer Alert: Austin Chukwuma @DRISKLEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.