Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi (12513 Views)

Obiora Okonkwo: Everybody In Anambra Is Talking About Zenith Labour Party Now / Aftermath Of Edo Election, What Next For Those Obaseki's Commissioner, Sa, Ssa / Yahaya Bello's SSA Accused Of Wooing Voters With Onion, Maggi, Salt And Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by dorothybella(f): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Wednesday, disclosed that many of the citizens of the state were jostling for various political positions in his government.

Umahi, who made the disclosure during the swearing-in of the the newly appointed Head of Service and Senior Special Assistants, said that following government advertisement, over 10,000 Ebonyians had applied as Commissioners, Senior Special Assistants, Special Advisers, Senior Technical Assistants, Technical Assistants and Coordinators of Development Centres across the state.

It would be recalled that early this month, the Ebonyi State Government had called for applications from members of the public to apply as members, Local Government Advisory Committee, STAs, TAs, Coordinators and Management Committee Members.

Speaking during the swearing-in of the HoS and 22 SSAs at the Executive Council Chamber of the Government House, Abakaliki, Governor Umahi, expressed dismay at the rate at which the people sought after political appointments.

He said, “What is trending in Ebonyi state is everybody saying I want to be SSA and SA. Imagine the cabinet we have, everybody wants to be SA. If I am making more SAs, it must not be up to ten per cent of the SAs I have appointed. It is my opinion that we find something else doing.

“My Commissioners will come last. I want to let them know that this job can be done without anybody. My former Commissioners started a very bad trend for the state and for me.

“Everyday, they are discussing the Governor, going from one office to the another. They were going about saying that there were not being given anything and not taken care of. If I get complaints again, I will get rid of that person.

“Anybody we will appoint now, we will tell the person, ‘this is not come and chop, it is come and work’. So, from day one, if you do not want to sacrifice to work for the people, you better go and look for another opportunity. If I get anybody complaining there is no money, I will get rid of the person. This is no longer going to be a gossip workshop. People are called to work.

“This is not the era of coming with files. You have to create wealth. Let’s look beyond the money we get.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/everybody-ebonyi-wants-sa-ssa-gov-umahi/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by dorothybella(f): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Ooye12: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ok
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Gerrard59(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
Akwa Ibom's Udom Emmanuel says "hold my beer". grin

4 Likes

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by emmymdk: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Next...
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by ekesoft(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ohhh..
. Get your alipay verified today and reduce mini Importation Cost check bio for more details...
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by chiedu7: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mumu all we are saying is no RUGA in the South Period angry

8 Likes

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Olukologia24592(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Are you feeling like a superstar?

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by PrinceKevin01: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Why should this Headline make the front page?

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Rekyz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
There's a SA to a SA to another SA. Na wetin the pay person go pursue Na.
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Imstrong2(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
In other words everyone wants to be big boy in ebony

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by erimmy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Chop and chop Government.

Check my signature and escape from poverty.
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by NOL2dworld(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
To whom it may concern..

Life is all about ups and down.. Today's problem may be a stepping stone to greatness.. Don't let your current situation stop U from believing in God and yourself.. You will surely break through..

The unchangeable changer (Jesus Christ) got your back.

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Natoski5(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nobody won be boy boy grin
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by nuelyoyo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yes, coz there are no jobs out there.

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by thisnaijaguy: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Not a bad ambition.

Na the intention matter.

Mr Gov. please can you give all Ebonyians the SSA title. Make them report to you via twitter.

This will work if all the intentions are right.

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2019
dorothybella:
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Wednesday, disclosed that many of the citizens of the state were jostling for various political positions in his government...

“My Commissioners will come last. I want to let them know that this job can be done without anybody. My former Commissioners started a very bad trend for the state and for me.

Of course there must be someone else to blame...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by dumahi(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2019
grin
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Austineva(m): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
That's my Governor speaking! U remain d best leader eva! We love u, Sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by wellmax(m): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
“My Commissioners will come last. I want to let them know that this job can be done without anybody.

If bubu said this, we would have crucified him

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Halo22: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
It baffles me how people always go for political appointment just to enrich themselves at the expense of the state's or FG's Treasury. I see most of them as lazy people who have nothing to contribute than to milk the state dry. You are coming to advise the Governor on what you know nothing about, just because of the jumbo pay attached to it. Lazy politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Jaynom(m): 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Halo22:
It baffles me how people always go for political appointment just to enrich themselves at the expense of the state's or FG's Treasury. I see most of them as lazy people who have nothing to contribute than to milk the state dry. You are coming to advise the Governor on what you know nothing about, just because of the jumbo pay attached to it. Lazy politicians.
By now you should know that GREED is a Culture in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Sundaypaul12345: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
Don't mind Dem oh
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Lamasta(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
Governor Umahi you too you are guilty it is what you lay down that they will copy grin

3 Likes

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by aca77: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
This is true. Very few businesses or hustles are thriving in Ebonyi. Almost everyone who enjoys a decent standard of living depends on the state government in one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
"Every time I bestow a vacant office I make a hundred discontented persons and one ingrate."

----- Louis XIV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by purplekayc(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Sharp people
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by Ubdavis(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Everybody That is disrespectful
Re: Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi by CaptainMitch: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
Meanwhile your kids are flying private jet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Wins The People Journalism Prize For Africa Award / Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building / PDP Accuses APC Of Hoarding New Naira Notes For Vote-Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.