₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,294,241 members, 5,039,023 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2019 at 11:16 PM

Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? (273 Views)

How To Add Adsense Ads In Middle Of Post On Blogger / Free SSL Certificate Enable On Blogger Blog On Custom Domain Within Your Blogger / How To Hide Blog Archive Widget From Showing On Blogger Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 8:28pm On Jul 11
For those that say Blogger.com is for amateurs, think again!

The foremost weblog for hackers and cyber-security experts in the world, Thehackernews.com is running on Blogger and so are we!

Blogger is dope, if you know you know! grin
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 8:40pm On Jul 11
Anyways, we are not running on the free gmail (Google account), as we run on G Suite Enterprise account, which is equivalent of Selfhosted WordPress or what I call Blogger VIP!

It has some edge over Free Google accounts, for instance, our Google+ account is still very much working grin
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 8:44pm On Jul 11
In fact, we need to take a roll call of all pro bloggers on Blogger, kindly indicate by dropping your blog link below! cool
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by Itzogunsakin(m): 10:32pm On Jul 11
I'm on Blogger but can you tell me the steps involved in getting that premium Gsuite account too?

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 6:05am On Jul 12
Itzogunsakin:
I'm on Blogger but can you tell me the steps involved in getting that premium Gsuite account too?
You can get G Suite by registering at gsuite.google.com, the price for the basic plan is $6 per month, and you have up to 20 custom emails and more business features.
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by izzyboi(m): 8:19am On Jul 12
I use blogger platform www.listdorm.com
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 9:37am On Jul 12
izzyboi:
I use blogger platform
www.listdorm.com
Great job!
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by izzyboi(m): 10:48am On Jul 12
questechie:
Great job!
Thanks
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 5:43pm On Jul 12
There are fears in certain quarters about Blogger blog getting deleted impromptu, and you waking up, your blog is gone!

But I have also seen such happening to selfhosted WordPress blogs, been suspended by host impromptu, too.

So, it behoves on the blogger to thread with caution and make sure you abide by the rules. cool
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by henryobinna(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12
questechie:
Anyways, we are not running on the free gmail (Google account), as we run on G Suite Enterprise account, which is equivalent of Selfhosted WordPress or what I call Blogger VIP!

It has some edge over Free Google accounts, for instance, our Google+ account is still very much working grin
I might try this but want to know what's the difference between Blogger on Gsuite and the regular Blogger everyone has access to?

one of my most important site is on blogger but am considering moving it to wordpress because of features and ease of doing somethings... so does this Blogger VIP have plugins etc or what's the difference I might just pay for the Gsuite
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 6:01pm On Jul 12
henryobinna:
I might try this but want to know what's the difference between Blogger on Gsuite and the regular Blogger everyone has access to?
The Blogger features remain same, but G Suite account have preference in dealings with Google. First, you get a 24hrs dedicated line to reach Google for any help and when you apply for any service with your G Suite custom email, you get swift response.

It should interest you to know that my domain name is also hosted by Google Domains, even at a time the service was still in beta, and open only to US residence. I simply applied as a beta tester with my G Suite account and was approved. I then paid with Payoneer as the only restriction then was that you must have a US issued card.

G Suite is so cool, besides Google will see you as a business, not a spammer. And can never delete a blogger blog running on G Suite, unless a severe issue.
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by henryobinna(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12
questechie:

The Blogger features remain same, but G Suite account have preference in dealings with Google. First, you get a 24hrs dedicated line to reach Google for any help and when you apply for any service with your G Suite custom email, you get swift response.

It should interest you to know that my domain name is also hosted by Google Domains, even at a time the service was still in beta, and open only to US residence. I simply applied as a beta tester with my G Suite account and was approved. I then paid with Payoneer as the only restriction then was that you must have a US issued card.

G Suite is so cool, besides Google will see you as a business, not a spammer. And can never delete a blogger blog running on G Suite, unless a severe issue.
ok, thanks for the clarification.

meaning I got to stay put
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 7:41am On Jul 13
henryobinna:
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

meaning I got to stay put
If you are running to WordPress thinking there is a magic plugin that will skyrocket your traffic, you'd be dissappointed.
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by henryobinna(m): 8:16am On Jul 13
questechie:

If you are running to WordPress thinking there is a magic plugin that will skyrocket your traffic, you'd be dissappointed.
did you see me mention traffic here?

I've been using blogger on one of my sites since 2013, the rest are on wordpress. so I've seen the best of both sides.

I thought there's something spectacular on the supposed VIP blogger as you claimed, unfortunately nothing.

so am staying, also don't assume everyone who wants to switch us looking for traffic...
Re: Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? by questechie: 4:36pm On Jul 14
henryobinna:
did you see me mention traffic here?

I've been using blogger on one of my sites since 2013, the rest are on wordpress. so I've seen the best of both sides.

I thought there's something spectacular on the supposed VIP blogger as you claimed, unfortunately nothing.

so am staying, also don't assume everyone who wants to switch us looking for traffic...
I never tried to woo you to switch, got nothing in it! cool

(1) (Reply)

Web Design / Which Antivirus Do You Use And How Effective Is It? / Socialengineindia.com Provides Remarkable Social Engine Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.