Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (620514 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Estherbabe1000: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=sassy92 post=82490366]
The embassy won't ask for it if it's not part of your school's requirements.
Its not part of the requirements, I have checked thoroughly. In how many weeks did your get your IELTS result?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by slimdaddy2822: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
yelei:
Pls has any Nigerian that studied or worked in Benin and has a valid resident permit been able to have a successful student visa interview and got visa from the German embassy at Cotonou?
Is just the resident permit enough to go for the interview or other documents are also required?
Lastly, is funding compulsory before the interview it can be done after?

Pls, I need urgent answers, thanks

Yes if u av ur valid resident permit u will be allow to do interview
I pm u reply me

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=Estherbabe1000 post=82490691][/quote]
IELTS takes 13 days. Well, whether it's part of the school's requirements or not, the embassy is demanding for it and they will not give you visa until you comply. So get it quickly , like someone said, before they'll toss your file aside and forget you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Estherbabe1000: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=Thegamingorca post=82488919]

Huh Why will dey decide to ask for English.

I don't even understand, everyone is confused as well. My German proficiency certificates have been submitted alongside other documents.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Estherbabe1000: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=sassy92 post=82490753]
IELTS takes 13 days. Well, whether it's part of the school's requirements or not, the embassy.
I submitted EF set English test I did online already. You don't think that would fly?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hi,

Please launch the url below and write to TK insurance for the exemption letter.

https://www.tk.de/service/form/2055704/contact/contact.form#sCd

Note that they will respond and request for your private health insurance and the address where you want them to send the exemption letter to.

Cheers!

Yomodun:
Please who knows how to go about getting an exemption from german public health insurance as I'm still below 30 and my school has requested for the exemption before I can complete my enrolment.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=Estherbabe1000 post=82490814][/quote]
When I was doing my research about English tests, this was one important information I found
There are three versions of the EFSET: a 15-minute test ("EFSET Quick English Check"wink, a 50-minute test which assigns a score on the 6-level Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ("EFSET English Certificate"wink, and a 2-hour test which assigns a score from 0 to 100 with a TOEFL and IELTS equivalency score in addition to the 6-level CEFR score ("EFSET English Certificate Plus"wink. All test versions assess receptive skills only (reading and listening comprehension) and do not assess writing or speaking. Unlike other standardized English tests, the EFSET uses computerized adaptive testing methods to adjust the difficulty of the test according to the examinee's ability level. The EFSET is not a proctored exam. Because it's not proctored, it's not yet widely accepted
Translation: the exam is free, It's online, therefore it cannot be completely monitored. As such, any results obtained will be highly questionable. When I wrote IELTS, they were VERY STRICT. We were not allowed to enter the exam hall with anything except your intl passport for identification. We were asked to remove bogus jewellry, jackets, facecaps even wristwatches. They didn't even allow us come in with writing materials (pencil, eraser), they provided the writing materials for us. They had CCTV all over the exam hall. They went through all those strict measures to avoid cheating so that the results will not be questioned by any institution worldwide.
So as for whether the embassy will accept EFSET well I can't say for sure, but you sef reason am.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sugarmike: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
sassy92:

Anybody can pay for you
Ok....thanks for the response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dailydolar(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

If you write rubbish date dey can confirm from your school if it's true. So all those ppl notorious for writing exaggerating close dates be warned

Funding before interview
Having health insurance before interview
Category A
Close enrolment deadline

The bolded re nor true people have gotten AM in three weeks without funding and people have funded before interview and stay 5weeks no AM .
Obit just the case of your VO and alien office and how oil dey your head reach na luck nothing more .
So no one can categorically state that this is how it's run we all have different luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Estherbabe1000: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=sassy92 post=82491227]
When I was doing my research about English tests, this was one important information I found
[b]There are three versions of the EFSET: a 15-minute test ("EFSET Quick English Check"wink
Pls can we talk further privately? I still don't fully understand this naira land completely yet?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
dailydolar:

The bolded re nor true people have gotten AM in three weeks without funding and people have funded before interview and stay 5weeks no AM .
Obit just the case of your VO and alien office and how oil dey your head reach na luck nothing more .
So no one can categorically state that this is how it's run we all have different luck

Pls try to fund before interview as its now going to be even a requirement to even be consodered to have it.

Also try to do your travel insurance before hand smiley

Times are changing and things along with it. You may have been in this waka coordinating for long now but you haven't noticed VO become more cooperative with clients that are proactive.

Here is a recent case example cc19
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by 1murphy1: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:
Skype mehn these guys are advanced

Yes o, no be small things.
Which program are you going for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
1murphy1:

Yes o, no be small things.
Which program are you going for?

Human medicine based msc disciplines.
Everything wey resemble health I dey there
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hello Pal,

Please calm down and observe some people comments very well. dailydolar is experience person and he is already in Germany.

Cheers!

Thegamingorca:

Pls try to fund before interview as its now going to be even a requirement to even be consodered to have it.

Also try to do your travel insurance before hand smiley

Times are changing and things along with it. You may have been in this waka coordinating for long now but you haven't noticed VO become more cooperative with clients that are proactive.

Here is a recent case example cc19
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
dailydolar:

Hence I dislike the idea of leaving everything to luck or chance. Why not do your own due diligence like cc19.
We should encourage ppl to make their own luck.

But everything ofcourse is still subject to probability I guess. smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slip:
Hello Pal,

Please calm down and observe some people comments very well. dailydolar is experience person and he is already in Germany.

Cheers!

I know he's in germany that's why I suggested he look into the question post and the case example of cc19 whose VO was so happy he told him around when he will get his AM.

Its a probability still that with fully funded BA before interview and travel insurance b4 interview and Category A that you might be considered early. smiley

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by odimbannamdi(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
I have been having a hard time getting my certificate from my school, even though i graduated since 2012.

So i messaged HTW Berlin, one of the schools i am interested in, notifying them of my situation. They assured me that i can apply using my statement of result. See attached mail.

But do you guys think i will be mandated to provide it at some point (maybe during enrollment)? I have asked them that though, but i decided to ask guys here, while i await their response

CC: slip, okocha170

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by jagaban17: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
Good day everyone.

Please I want to ask if I'm on track. I just uploaded
my documents and submitted my application via uni-assist for summer to a school tho the application will open middle of next month. Is it too early ? Tho I haven't paid yet.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Developrog(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jonemenike2000:

Hi,
Frankfurt university of applied sciences
Information Technology (M. Sc?

Please, can you state the documents you presented for the Application?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by drosset(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
Any Dom account would be fine.
Make the funds hit your own BA is the main thing.

All the best!

sugarmike:
Hey guys, is it compulsory one funds the BA with Dom account bearing his name or can anybody's Dom account be used to fund the BA?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
jagaban17:
Good day everyone.

Please I want to ask if I'm on track. I just uploaded
my documents and submitted my application via uni-assist for summer to a school tho the application will open middle of next month. Is it too early ? Tho I haven't paid yet.
Are you sure you were able to submit? because on uniassist, you can't apply for a school until the opening date. Which school is this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dailydolar(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

I know he's in germany that's why I suggested he look into the question post and the case example of cc19 whose VO was so happy he told him around when he will get his AM.

Its a probability still that with fully funded BA before interview and travel insurance b4 interview and Category A that you might be considered early. smiley
I didn't want to reply you but I guess for the benefit of those that are coming behind so that they won't be deceived you don't need travel insurance for your interview I state again you don't need travel insurance for your interview .
Also when we say luck I guess you also concluded that it's all about probabilities well I will allow U to enjoy the joy U got now but I repeat nobody can state specifically what they considered before they issue AM I have seen two weeks without funding I have seen 10weeks even when U go with funding .
Yes embassy has changed the rule from November but are we in November now ? Someone is asking a question for today and U are answering with future in mind anyway make una enjoy ooo
Am out

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Philfit(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Magma012:
Hallo good afternoon.. Please for those in Germany..

What is the probability of difernn your study program after one year of studies for the purpose of learning the German language.

Also how much will it cost to learn it to C1 level.

Urgent answers pls
If it is a master course, yes ive heard it is possible.
Another route is apply to a German taught course that gives you a conditional admission making you learn the language first.

In bigger cities the cost of language schools are quite high. In smaller ones they are fair enough but sill expensive from a Nigerian POV.

EG im going for one that where I’d Learn A1 - C1
2 months per level.
Registration fee is 80€ and the price per level is about 450€ (They have a promo now so current price is 390€)
Whereas place like Berlin I’ve heard that the price per level is about 1500€ + etc.

It’s better to do the language course in a smaller city, that way you save costs.
The only advantage of doing it in Nigeria is to save cost but i doubt undergoing a language school in in nija would enable you to learn in German easily. ( you’d only learn it to be able to pass at goethe, learning is not just in the classroom, it’s in your surroundings and your day to day activities, there is nothing like being in a place that makes you speak German 24/7. )

So if you want to know the language like a native I’d advise you do it in Germany If you have the Money . If you don’t you can Do A1 and A2 in Nigeria then manage and do the rest in Germany it’s to your own benefit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UbiPetrus: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
odimbannamdi:
I have been having a hard time getting my certificate from my school, even though i graduated since 2012.

So i messaged HTW Berlin, one of the schools i am interested in, notifying them of my situation. They assured me that i can apply using my statement of result. See attached mail.

But do you guys think i will be mandated to provide it at some point (maybe during enrollment)? I have asked them that though, but i decided to ask guys here, while i await their response

Yes. Some of us didn't apply with our certificates but have been asked to hand it in on arrival.
So, while you apply now with your SOR, I'd advice that you try to get it from your School before you leave for DE.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Legacy666(f): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
AM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admission Letter: August 21st 2019
Interview Date : August 26th 2019
AM: 23rd September 2019
School: Private University of Witten/Herdecke
Course: Masters Degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
State: North Rhine Westphalia

The miracle is that am yet to fund my block account and was interviewed by the lady on dread yet God came through for me.

God will do the miraculous for everyone of us waiting patiently for AL, AD, AM, BA in Jesus name.
Thank you Nairalanders!!!!! grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by jagaban17: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
Status; submitted online- Progressing not yet started.
School - Anhalt.

What do you think ?
sassy92:

Are you sure you were able to submit? because on uniassist, you can't apply for a school until the opening date. Which school is this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Temmythourpe19: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone. Pls I need urgent answers as this is my very first time here.
My interview is 25 Sept. and I wasnt able to raise the €10,230 but I just funded the previous amount required €8,829 (confirmation not yet seen)
I will like to know if anyone has done his/her interview in September with the previous block amount asked and how long will it take to get a confirmation with the amount I just blocked.
Your replies will be very helpful.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
odimbannamdi:

You don't need your certificate to apply, however some schools will require it for enrollment. It's generally recommended that you get it before leaving Nigeria.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
Temmythourpe19:
Hello everyone. Pls I need urgent answers as this is my very first time here.
My interview is 25 Sept. and I wasnt able to raise the €10,230 but I just funded the previous amount required €8,829 (confirmation not yet seen)
I will like to know if anyone has done his/her interview in September with the previous block amount asked and how long will it take to get a confirmation with the amount I just blocked.
Your replies will be very helpful.
Thanks
Go for your interview with the previous amount. Then after the interview, start hustling to get the remaining money. Even if your AM shows, they'll still ask you to top up before issuing you visa.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
Legacy666:
AM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admission Letter: August 21st 2019
Interview Date : August 26th 2019
AM: 23rd September 2019
School: Private University of Witten/Herdecke
Course: Masters Degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
State: North Rhine Westphalia

The miracle is that am yet to fund my block account and was interviewed by the lady on dread yet God came through for me.

God will do the miraculous for everyone of us waiting patiently for AL, AD, AM, BA in Jesus name.
Thank you Nairalanders!!!!! grin grin
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Temmythourpe19: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
sassy92:

Go for your interview with the previous amount. Then after the interview, start hustling to get the remaining money. Even if your AM shows, they'll still ask you to top up before issuing you visa.

Thank you so much ��
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
sassy92:

a quick one please, is it too early for one to send docs to uniassit? The online application is still months away though

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.