Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible (807 Views)

ROYAL HOUSE OF JESUS CHRISTIAN CENTRE (Today with JESUS Devotionals) / Christian Daily Bible Quiz / Which Is The Most Widely Read Christian Daily Devotional In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Winning the Respect of Others by Joel Osteen

So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders... (1 Thessalonians 4:12, NIV)

When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ’s representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.

Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will notice and respect you.” It doesn’t say, “Win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven.” No, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means always taking the high road and living a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means living with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.

Remember, you will become like those you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you’ll develop His character. You’ll win the respect of outsiders and bring glory to Him all the days of your life!

Father, I dedicate every area of my mind, will and emotions to You. Help me to live my daily life as an example of Your goodness. Teach me to love others and win their respect so I can bring glory to You in everything I do in Jesus name. Amen.

Download Devotional Bible @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=apps.syst.com.devbib

Amazon @ amzn://apps/android?p=apps.syst.com.devbib
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
FULFILLING GOD'S PURPOSE III
I Samuel 19:9-12

By Pastor E.A. Adeboye

And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

Let me start by clarifying something about being alone. Being alone could be in two ways, by solitude and by loneliness. Solitude is by being alone on purpose; an intentional separation from people for a period, such a person can be alone by the river side or watching television without being lonely. There is a biblical basis for solitude (Exodus 33:7, 11; Luke 5:16; Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12-13; Luke 22:41), therefore, solitude could be a good thing. However, loneliness is usually never desired. Prolonged loneliness may sometimes lead to depression.

Being alone is the very first aspect of creation that met with God’s disapproval and His harsh judgment of not being good, and 1st Corinthians 1:25 says, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”

Therefore, God’s assessment of “being alone” should be taken seriously. God in His infinite wisdom decided to solve the problem of being alone by providing a “help meet for the man”. A perfect companion that is suitable for him, one that will cancel out the negative effects of ‘being alone’. Now, fulfilling the purpose of God in life in general and marriage in particular depands largely on our understanding and total subsmission to the manufacturer’s instructions. A simple, direct, Holy Ghost inspired and time tested meaning of this passage is clear to all. Help refers broadly to aid or assistance, the word ‘helper’ may connote subordinate, but does not necessarily imply inferiority. Hosea 13:9 refers to God as Israel’s helper, also, Genesis 2:18-25, describes how God provided the suitable helper for the man.

The declaration of Adam, that Eve is then bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh is a pointer to the fact that marriage creates the closest of all human relationships and should be cherished as such. We are to note also that only one Eve was created and not several Eves or another Adam. This is a confirmation that God established heterosexual monogamy as the divine pattern of marriage at creation. However, the language of Ephesians 5:22-25 is probably clearer on the God given roles of husbands and wives.

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”

Every child of God that is determined to fulfil God’s purpose must live according to the order of marriage ordained by the Almighty God. Marriage is the foundation of life according to the Bible. Consequently, marital failure may as well translate to failure in life and ministry.

Prayer/Meditation: Father, I believe in the institution of marriage according to the Bible, please help me to build a strong happy and joyful name in the mighty name of Jesus.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Between The Heart And The Tongue by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

Text: Proverbs 10:11-21

The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth (Proverbs 10:20)

It was the English non-conformist, Puritan preacher and author, Thomas Brooks, who observed thus: "We know metals by their tinkling, and men by their talking”. This truth remains real today as it was in the seventeenth century when Brooks made the assertion. It serves to highlight the close connection between the tongue and the heart.

The book of Proverbs is full of contrasts between good and evil or virtues and vices. Today's text has a lot to say in relation to the tongue of the righteous set in contrast with that of the unrighteous. The mouth (or tongue) of the righteous is associated with positive influences and outcomes. First, it is ”a well of life” - a spring that constantly issues forth refreshing words that edifies people. It is seasoned with wisdom. It is properly bridled. It is choice silver (precious) and, therefore "feed many” (useful and impactful). On the contrary, the mouth of the unrighteous is marked by violence, hatred, foolishness, destruction, malice, flattery and talkativeness.

Observe that verse 20 contrasts the outcome of the tongue of the righteous, not with the tongue but with the heart of the wicked. This only goes to show that the tongue does not act independently of the heart (Matthew 12:34). The tongue is the key outlet of the heart. Incidentally, the heart of man is so depraved that education, exposure and civility are not enough to fix it. It takes a heart regeneration that comes through spiritual rebirth to fix the problem of the heart.

You may, today, use what sincerely comes out of your mouth and their effects on people to measure the state of your heart. If they do not match the characteristics associated with - the righteous, you will do well to penitently take your heart to God for a spiritual heart transplant. Managing it not only makes you less useful to others, but will eventually land you in
eternal damnation.

Prayer/Meditation:
The problem of a faulty tongue is in the heart
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Follow Him Daily by: Pastor Joel Osteen

Then he said to them all: 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me'. (Luke 9:23, NIV)

Every day there are things that come against us, distractions that would try to pull us away from our faith in Christ. That’s why Jesus said that every day we have to make the choice to follow Him. Sometimes it’s easy to think, “Well, I go to church regularly,” or “I read my Bible on Sundays.” But really, the Christian life isn’t about how we live on the weekends, it’s how we live every single day. Are you spending time with Him, daily? Are you reaching out and putting others first, daily? Are you sowing seeds to help those in need, daily?

If you know you need to make some adjustments in your daily walk with Him, the good news is that you can start right now, today. Just simply turn to Him and make the commitment to follow Him moment by moment. Let Him direct your steps and follow that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Make the choice every day to follow Him and watch what He will do on your behalf!

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, thank You for another day to serve and follow You. Search my heart and mind right now and remove anything that would keep me from You. I choose to set my mind on You as I daily follow Your steps in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
FULFILLING GOD'S PURPOSE IV
By: Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Text: Genesis 18:17-19

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them
up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

The Bible declared the father as the head of the home – head of the mother and the children. As such, fathers have complete authority within the household to direct the affairs of the family, and to administer discipline when necessary. However, Apostle Paul admonishes that fathers should handle authority over their children with care; they are to be careful not to provoke their children to wrath. Some fathers are guilty of using their authority unreasonably in ways that cause their children to harbour resentment. However, fathers have the responsibility to bring their children up in the way of the Lord. In many cultures today, parents have submitted and completely relinquished their God given responsibility to raise godly children to school teachers, Sunday schools teachers, pastors, or governmental institutions. Every Christian parent should know that God will hold them responsible for the success or failure of their wards. Children are God’s heritage, we have an awesome responsibility and authority over them, we are responsible for them before God, and we will surely render our account to God over them.

Are there any particular reason(s) why parents, particularly fathers, are called by God to play such a crucial, God ordained role in the unbringing or discipleship of their children?  Ephesians 6:1-4 given us a clue.

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord”.

God knows that from childhood, little children gradually learn to love and trust their parents because of the relationship they have. Children normally grow up to receive love and care from their parents in the form of feeding, clothing, washing, and protection from cold and other harmful circumstances. Therefore children naturally gravitate towards their parents. For the same reasons, children are more likely to learn the ways and manners of their parents by default. Most children would choose to learn from their parents because parents are the first heroes’ children. God in His wisdom is fully aware of these factors; He therefore designed the family to take advantage of the opportunity provided by nature.

The Bible provides a very good balance here; children are to obey their parents, while parents are to treat their children with respect so that they will obey them without coercion. God expects children to obey their parents for Christ’s sake, even if their parents are not believers. Also, children should not commit any sinful act just because their parents command them to. When faced with a choice between the two, children must obey God rather then man.

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, please make me a successful parent; don't let me fail You over my children.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
The Mystery of His Love by: Evang. Billy Graham

I have loved thee with an everlasting love... Jeremiah 31:3

No human experience can fully illustrate the imputed righteousness of God, as conceived by His infinite love. It is a mystery-incomprehensible and inexplicable. Like the mystery of the sun’s heat and light, we cannot measure it or explain it, and yet we could not live without it. Writing of the mystery of completed righteousness, Paul said, “We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. . . . But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him” (1 Corinthians 2:7, 9).

What God has wrought in us is wonderful. But His work has just begun. He has a wonderful, exciting, thrilling future for all of His believing children.

Prayer/Meditation:
My finite mind cannot grasp all there is in store for those of us who love Youbut this does not take away the joy and expectation all Your love has preparedeverlastingly!
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
Love Never Fails by: Pastor Joel Osteen

Love never fails... (1 Corinthians 13:8, NIV)

We all have people in our lives that are difficult at times. Maybe it’s someone you work with, a family member or even your spouse. Relationships can be complicated, but remember: love never fails. The Word of God clearly defines love in 1 Corinthians 13. It says that love is patient and kind. It doesn’t seek its own way. Love doesn’t keep a record of wrongs. And most importantly, love never fails. Notice that this chapter doesn’t talk at all about how you feel. God’s love isn’t about feelings. It’s a choice. You can choose to be patient, even when you don’t feel like being patient. You can choose to be kind, even when you don’t feel like being kind.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you can choose love. You are never more like God than when you are walking in love. And when you are walking in love, you will never fail because love never fails. Open your heart to God’s love today. Receive His love and ask Him to show you how to love others better because love never fails!

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, thank You for Your love which never fails. Thank You for loving me so that I can be free to love others. Empower me, by Your Spirit, to walk in love no matter what I may face today in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
The Ultimate Peace by: Evang. Billy Graham

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you... John 14:27

Jesus said, “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” Where does peacemaking begin? How can we become peacemakers? Can peace be discovered within ourselves? Freud has told us that peace is but a mental attitude. Cast off our phobias, shed our neuroses, and “bingo!”-we’ll have the coveted peace we long for. I respect psychiatry for what it can do. Unquestionably, it has helped many. But it certainly is not satisfactory as a substitute for the peace which can come only from God. If psychiatry leaves God out, ultimately we shall see psychiatrists going to each other for treatment. There can be no peace until we find peace with God. The Bible says, “He is our peace.”

Prayer/Meditation:
The balm of Your peace pours over my soul and I humbly praise You, almighty God.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
COMMANDED TO REJOICE by: Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Text: Philippians 4:1-7

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected. Jeremiah 29:11

The commandment to rejoice seems to be a repeated theme in the book of Philippians. First, Philippians 2:18, then 3:1, and 4:4. Why did Paul pay so much attention to the word rejoice? On a closer look at all, rather, Paul’s emphasis is on the term “rejoice in the Lord”. He was trying to draw a line between the common rejoicing that happens to all human beings and the art of rejoicing in the Lord. God wants us to know that joy is a matter of realm, because there are diverse types of joy and it is the realm of joy that makes the difference.

There is a rejoicing that is common to all men, it is a feeling of joy that depends on situations and circumstances around us and it is temporal and short-lived: this joy is unsubstantial and evanescent. However, there is a delight that comes with God’s presence, it is divine and powerful; the joy of the Lord. This joy is also called the ‘joy of salvation’, it is real, it is a great kind of joy, it is endless, and an everlasting joy that brings down the presence of God into the hearts of men. Apostle Peter had this to say about this kind of rejoicing in 1st Peter 1:8: “Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:”

What makes rejoicing in the Lord so important that God had to repeatedly command us to rejoice? It is the very first miracle that happens to a person when he becomes born again. The joy of the Lord is immediately shed in the heart of the fellow. The unspeakable expression of the joy of salvation is therefore the most vital and undeniable proof that a person is genuinely born of God. The wisdom of God commanded it repeatedly in the Bible, and emphasised it in Philippians at least for two major reasons. First, being born again is a spiritual walk with God, the joy of the Lord is the token of our connectedness to God, losing the joy therefore, is another token of disconnection from God. You will never be disconnected from God in Jesus’ name. Secondly, God knows that a genuine conversion to Christianity would cause a forceful separation and disconnection from the worldly system of thought and action, which naturally leads to rejection, persecution, and diverse temptations. Therefore, the joy of the Lord is provided as an offensive weapon of consolation, encouragement, and strength in the face of persecution. That is why Philippians 4:4 says; “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.”

God commanded His people to rejoice, He was not giving a suggestion or permission, neither did He make it a matter of choice. We are compelled to rejoice in the Lord as a necessary ingredient to the Christian faith. Rejoicing is founded on and derived through the Word of God, it is needful in affliction, it brings comfort and strength to press forward in times of trouble.

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, please fill my heart with your heavenly joy, that is all I need from You today
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lean on Him by: Pastor Joel Osteen

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5, NIV)

Are you facing a situation that seems like it has no logical solution? Sometimes we have to turn our minds off, stop trying to figure it all out, stop overanalyzing, and stop researching everything. When you don’t see the answer in the natural realm, it’s time to stop leaning on your own understanding and choose to trust God.

Sometimes our minds can be a distraction to our “inner sensor” or that place inside where God speaks to our hearts. Our minds can allow fear and dread to distract us from what God is trying to tell us. That’s why the scripture says that we can’t lean on our own understanding. We have to take time to shut off the distractions, shut off fear, and listen to what’s going on inside of us. That’s where faith rises up. That’s where all of the sudden, you’ll feel a spark of hope even when things look impossible.

Today, no matter what it looks like in the natural, choose to lean on Him. Trust that He has favor in store for your future. Trust that something good is about to happen. Trust Him because He alone can take you to new levels in every area of your life!

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, today I choose to lean on You. I choose to trust that You are working on my behalf. I won't put my confidence in what I see, but I will trust in Your Word which remains true forever in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
TIME TO FIGHT I by: Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Text: 1Timothy 4:1-6

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the
heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Fighting means to engage in a struggle against a perceived enemy or enemies either defensively or offensively. Most human beings, irrespective of who they are, what they know, where they have been, and their level of spiritual maturity, have something they would fight for. We fight for our fundamental human rights, we fight for possessions, we fight for our family, and we fight for our job. We are sensitive to criticism and insults, and sometimes we even fight for things we don’t really own. The question is, should a true Christian fight for anything? And if you were to write a list of things worth fighting for, what would that list include? In this respect, Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 8, says: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven…. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”

Conflicts come in different categories. Though we have the right of self defence, Christians are not called to take up arms against their offensive or aggressive neighbours because our weapon is not physical. However, God is under attack in today’s world because His creative order, His principles and commandments are being maliciously attacked by heretics. Surprisingly, some of these enemies of the gospel of Jesus Christ have managed to rise to enviable positions of authority both in the Church and civil government. This has emboldened them and their supporters to intensify their evil attacks on the Christian faith. Do we fight for our Lord? Do we stand aloof or fight whenever these attacks occur around us? 1st Timothy 6:12, says: “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”

Christians do not have any choice in this matter; we do not have the luxury of a personal decision on this one. In reality, the battle of the heretics and false prophets is raging right now and our Commander in Chief, the Lord of hosts, has commanded us to fight, and we must fight. The above passage started out by qualifying the kind of fight that Christians could engage in as the good fight of faith. It is a good fight because it prevents the rapid spread of heretic teachings, and delivers people from ignorance and false doctrine. It is good because we are on the winning side, we can never lose because we are more than conquerors. It is good because we will be handsomely rewarded for our efforts here on earth and when we get to heaven. It is a good fight because we are well fitted with the most potent weapon in the universe – the Word of God. Above all, though we are saved by grace, our performance in this battle will ultimately determine our rank among the host of heaven and the manner of our reward. Apostle Paul seems to have discovered this truth as reflected in his final declaration in 2nd Timothy 4:7: “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith”

Only a general in the army of God who had fought valiantly for the truth could say this.

Prayer/Meditation:
Father, please let me finish well and be able to say that I have fought a good fight.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
Of Penitential Prayer by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

Text: 2 Chronicles 6:22-31

When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them (2 Chronicles 6:26)

As observed by R. A. Torrey, American evangelist, pastor, educator, and writer, "Prayer is the key that unlocks all the storehouses of God's infinite grace and power. All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer."

King Solomon was certainly conscious of this truth when he offered the long and powerful dedication prayer at the launch of the temple he built. It will be useful to recall the mood of that occasion. It was a most glorious event that was attended by representatives of all Israel. The ark of the Covenant was set in its permanent place (holy of holies). Innumerable sacrifices were made. Sacred music and praise rented the air as gifted instrumentalists and singers united in worshiping God. It was so moving and glorious that God manifested His presence and power by a cloud that covered the whole temple. It was after this that Solomon went on his knees and with stretched forth arms, offered this inspiring prayer.

In this prayer, Solomon, among other things, interceded for the people and sought God's grace and favour. Mindful of Israel's tendency to relapse into sin and the concomitant divine punishment, he prayed for divine leniency. It is pertinent to observe Solomon's acknowledgment of the link between sin and disaster, defeat and distress. Israel had such a peculiar favour with God that guaranteed for them, preservation, provision, protection and power. The only thing that could make this provision inoperative was sin - rebellion against God.

Solomon recognized the ruinous effects of sin; he also recognized the steadfast love of the Lord that never ceases and therefore appealed to it. Today, a most irresistible prayer is one that comes deep down from a penitent offender seeking pardon and reconciliation from God.

Prayer/Meditation:
Pay attention to afflictions; they may be God's nudging hands.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2019
A Rebellious Generation by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

But this thing commanded I them, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people... But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward (Jeremiah 7: 23,24)

King Solomon, in his repository of wisdom, remarked: "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy” (Proverbs 29:1). This was the situation of the children of Israel at this time as stated in the text today. They had blatantly and completely turned away from the commandment of God. They gave themselves to the worship of idols and did a lot of abominable things in the sight of the Lord. Here, they were in captivity in Babylon but showed no signs of repentance from the sins and rebellion that led them to captivity. Instead, they grew worse in idolatry and wickedness against  God. They ignored the avalanche of warnings from several prophets concerning the looming judgment of God upon them.

Surprisingly, even in their moribund spiritual condition, they never ceased to offer sacrifices unto God. But of course, such sacrifices were an abomination unto Him because He was more interested in their simple obedience to His commandments than mere ritual observance of abominable sacrifices (Jeremiah 7:21-23).

Today, like the children of Israel, many still take God for granted and make jest of His ministers. The word of God has become a tired echo in their ears even though they attend Sunday Services in their various assemblies. These are the days when comedians and worldly musicians are invited for entertainment during worship services.

God’s standards are ever the same. “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity” (2 Timothy 2:19). If you continue to spurn the warnings of God through His servants, then you may never escape eternal punishment in hell. You can be set free from the bondage of sin and rebellion through the grace that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Prayer/Meditation:
To obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Manna Without Manners by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

Text: Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people? Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth... (Psalm 78:20,21)

There was this discernible recurring cycle in the history of the children of Israel. They repeatedly oscillated from rebellion to retribution, then to repentance, to reconciliation with God, and then to righteousness and back to rebel lion after they must have regained some comfort. Their relationship with God was unidirectional - they always wanted to receive from God without any corresponding faith, loyalty and devotion to Him.

As revealed in today's text, God did several wonders amidst the children of Israel that should have made them believe that He could do all things. But rather than praising God, they kept asking for more and tempting Him until they provoked Him to anger. This narrative concerning the children of Israel is an evidence that what God does in man is far more important than what He does for him. What God does for man, such as the provision of food, clothing, shelter, etc., are mere transient physical blessings which are not bad in themselves. But what He does in man such as the circumcision of the heart and crucifixion of the flesh are spiritual and rewardable blessings with great eternal benefits. If they had been circumcised in the heart (Deuteronomy 30:6), they would have been more patient, contented and grateful to God for His blessings and would have escaped His judgment.

This account of the Israelites was repeated by Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 10:1-12, and there are several lessons to draw from this. First, physical blessings do not necessarily mean that a person is spiritual. Second, no matter what  God does for a man, if nothing is done to change his sinful nature, that man will always rebel against Him. Third, spiritual blessings are more valuable than physical blessings. Therefore, "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).

Prayer/Meditation:
What God does in you is more important than what He does for you.
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Amazing Protection by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. (Psalm 91:7)

An army lieutenant and his buddy were sent on an important and dangerous mission. Suddenly, the enemy appeared! The lieutenant prayed, ‘Lord, the responsibility is now yours’. A blast from the enemy struck him in the chest and bowled him over. His comrade thought he was dead, but he wasn't. Later, he wrote, ‘My buddy thought I was dead, and was amazed when I tried to get up. Dazedly, I took my Bible from my shirt pocket, over my heart. Silently I looked at the jagged hole  in  its cover. A bullet had ripped through to the ninety-first Psalm and stopped at the verse which reads, ’[b]A thousand shall fall at thy side  but it shall not come nigh thee!’ [/b]In profound gratitude l said, ’Thank You, precious Lord!’

Apart from the incident related above, many other stories about amazing and supernatural deliverances through the protection that can only come through the Lord Jesus abound. The psalmist highlighted the benefits of dwelling in the secret place of the Most High - that is, living under His protective care and doing His will always. This, according to the psalmist will bring about deliverance from evil arrows and darts of the wicked, long life, victory and peace. The testimony is the same as the Lord protected and shielded the Israelites from the many dangers in the wilderness and saw them through many barriers until they got to the Promised Land.

Life is filled with problems, some small and some great. Psalm 91 has been and continues to be a source of strength, hope, promise and encouragement. This means that you should not lose heart when you come to the end of your resources and the problem you face looms as large as ever. Be encouraged, because God is working out a deal greater than you can ever imagine. Remember Joseph.

Prayer/Meditation;
The end of your ability is the beginning of God's divinity.

A moment of reflection from Luke Gospel Chp 13:1-5~~
Luke.13.1 - There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luke.13.2 - And Jesus answered and said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?
Luke.13.3 - I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
Luke.13.4 - Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luke.13.5 - I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

RIP to all those who lost their lives in yesterday's Ikorodu accident in a BRT (bus) as a result of head-on collision with a Dangote truck.. And to those who survived it, we wish you speedy recovery in Jesus' Name, Amen.
May God have mercy on your souls and comfort all families who are in mourning as a result o this mishap in Jesus' Name, Amen cry cry

Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
Perpetual Backsliding by: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. (Jeremiah 8:5)

Backsliding is reverting to sin or wrongdoing. It is a believer’s downward movement into the sins and evils he had once destroyed upon conversion.

The nation of Israel, taking undue advantage of God's faithfulness to His promise to Abraham, had an unenviable history of backsliding. And each time they did, they would cry unto of God after suffering avoidable hardship. He would forgive them and raise a leader to lead them back to Him in repentance But their repentance, not backed by reverential fear, would not endure.

Jeremiah’s vision was about the impending desolation of the nation. Their fate was now a consequence of the people's rebellion. When a believer falls or realizes he is headed to a wrong direction, wisdom should dictate to him to get up and change direction. But Israel chose to trust the words of false prophets, not minding how God felt.

There is danger when leaders and members in Christian assemblies are close to the level of Israel’s apostasy; when they reject God's word, teach as doctrine the commandments of men, and present rich men as models of righteousness because of financial support. Blasphemous teachings are being dished out from many pulpits today and sound doctrine have been relegated to the background. Yet, God is watching. Backsliders need to repent today before it is too late.

Prayer/Meditation:
God's long-suffering should lead you to repentance
Re: Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible by Makschinchin: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
You Are Not Alone by: Evang. Billy Graham

...for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6

Loneliness is no respecter of persons. It invades the palace as well as the hut. Many turn to drink because of loneliness. Others lose their sanity becasue of loneliness. Many commit suicide because of the despair of loneliness. Thousands have found Christ to be the answer for their loneliness. The Hebrew children were not alone when they were hurled into the fiery furnace of persecution. There was One with them like unto the Son of God. Moses wasn’t alone in the Midian Desert when God came to comfort him and call him to a wider ministry. Elijah wasn’t alone at the cave when God came near and spoke with the still, small voice. Paul and Silas were not alone in the Philippian jail when God came down and gave them a song at midnight. Whoever you are, Christ can give you comfort and companionship.

Prayer/Meditation:
Whenever I begin to feel alone, help me to remember that You are always with me. Sometimes the way seems dark but You are still there. Thank You, Lord

(1) (Reply)

I Will Walk On Water Like Jesus - Pastor, Emeka Odumej / ... / Giving Is Your Gateway To Financial Fortunes— Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.