Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) (5867 Views)

I Want To Swap My Almost New Samsung A8 Plus With A70 And Add Some Cash. / The Official Samsung Galaxy A70 Thread / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Yes, that is what am saying.
Because all these things you mentioned are subject to test. Except the type c port.
The sd675 has its edging point over the sd 712.
But the type b has no advantage over the type c.

Now, when you see a device with a type B port, you don't bother asking what year it was made. You just know it's not 2018 or 19. Except it's a transission device that is, we all know the future to them is going five years backwards in time and technology.

Even the huawei y9, got a prime and even with the little upgrades, except for the usb type c, I had to buy it just to replace the previous y9 I bought for a relative.
Though there is already a news of an upgrade coming to settle the type c dissatisfaction amongst the vivo fans...

Snapdragon 675 has an egde over the Snapdragon 710 in cpu .....but the sd710 has more GPU than the sd675.....they might be little difference in speed test but when it comes to graphics and gaming, the sd710 triumps ...
And you show also know that.

The vivo ain't using the sd710 ...it's using the new Snapdragon 712 that has a performance boost from the Snapdragon 710..

5 Likes

Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Telvin7:
Snapdragon 675 has an egde over the Snapdragon 710 in cpu .....but the sd710 has more GPU than the sd675.....they might be little difference in speed test but when it comes to graphics and gaming, the sd710 triumps ...
And you show also know that.

The vivo ain't using the sd710 ...it's using the new Snapdragon 712 that has a performance boost from the Snapdragon 710..
Bro Snapdragon 675 don't have any edge over Snapdragon 710 both in speed test and graphics performance even battery performance.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
OVA200:
Bro Snapdragon 675 don't have any edge over Snapdragon 710 both in speed test and graphics performance even battery performance.
I dunno about battery performance but the sd675 has an egde in speed test (cpu) ....
U can check online
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Telvin7:
I dunno about battery performance but the sd675 has an egde in speed test (cpu) ....
U can check online
Watch vivo Z1 pro vs note 7
with Snapdragon 712

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNkDD4aY8g
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Telvin7:
The vivo ain't using the sd710 ...
I am aware.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
OVA200:
Let me try to make it plain.
The sd675 in the note 7 pro, is it a pro or a con?
The usb type B feature in the vivo v1 pro, is it a pro or a con?
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

those big chin on the Redmi note 7 pro ,is it a pros or a con and besides many people complained about the u shaped notch
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Telvin7:
those big chin on the Redmi note 7 pro ,is it a pros or a con and besides many people complained about the u shaped notch
Okay we are going in circles. Am sure you do realise the purpose of this debate was due to the claims by the op that the vivo z1 pro was better than the A70 and 7 pro.

And I said that would have been a well said assumption if the z1 pro came with a type c port. Which unfortunately it didn't.

just for the inclusion of the type b port on vivo z1 pro, it appears more like a 2017 midrange device physically..
in fact, just to highlight how much of a failed attempt the type b is, you won't find any device with sd675 and upwards using a type b port, except from the vivo lineup.

You won't find the 675 on a device that is considerably cheaper than the note 7 pro.
Do you see my point in all these?

To answer your question. What big chin are you talking about? It has a screen to body ratio of 81%. How is that a deal breaker of any kind?.. So except you are saying the screen to body ratio can be better at 6.3inch, then I don't see any point in your claims.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Okay we are going in circles. Am sure you do realise the purpose of this debate was due to the claims by the op that the vivo z1 pro was better than the A70 and 7 pro.

And I said that would have been a well said assumption if the z1 pro came with a type c port. Which unfortunately it didn't.

just for the inclusion of the type b port on vivo z1 pro, it appears more like a 2017 midrange device physically..
in fact, just to highlight how much of a failed attempt the type b is, you won't find any device with sd675 and upwards using a type b port, except from the vivo lineup.

You won't find the 675 on a device that is considerably cheaper than the note 7 pro.

To answer your question. What big chin are you talking about? It has a screen to body ratio of 81%. How is that a deal breaker of any kind?.. So except you are saying the screen to body ratio can be better at 6.3inch, then I don't see any point in your claims.
I get but in conclusion , the vivo z1 pro is more attractive and powerful than the Redmi note 7 pro.........

1 Like

Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

None is a pro while none is a con.
The verdict is: Snapdragon 710 in vivo Z5s is better than Snapdragon 675 in Note 7 pro.
while USB type C on the Note 7 pro is better than USB type B on the Vivo Z5s. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
OVA200:
with Snapdragon 712

normally the sd712 is faster than the sd675
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
OVA200:
None is a pro while none is a con.
The verdict is: Snapdragon 710 in vivo Z5s is better than Snapdragon 675 in Note 7 pro.
while USB type C on the Note 7 pro is better than USB type B on the Vivo Z5s. Simple.
am surprised that the 710 is faster than the 675 ...or are u sure that's the note 7 pro coz that guy didn't staye their specs and brand name undecided
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
OVA200:
with Snapdragon 712

That's Sd660 on the note 7 vs sd710 on the vivo z5x na
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
that's Snapdragon 712 not 710

modified ... Snapdragon 710..
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:14am On Jul 15, 2019
OHIsIManuEL:

That's Sd660 on the note 7 vs sd710 on the vivo z5x na
no that's the note 7 pro with sd 675 but am surprised coz the 675 is faster than the 710 is speed test .......
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:23am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
no that's the note 7 pro with sd 675 but am surprised coz the 675 is faster than the 710 is speed test .......
No vex oo, but I don't see the pro anywhere, not even on the carton
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2019
OHIsIManuEL:

No vex oo, but I don't see the pro anywhere, not even on the carton
yhhhhhh dats what am saying .....the YouTube guy didn't personalize the video well ...it wasn't well appropriate
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2019
OVA200:
with Snapdragon 712

this video is not well personalized
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
this video is not well personalized
Share a video of the processor against each other but not the one with realme 3
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
yhhhhhh dats what am saying .....the YouTube guy didn't personalize the video well ...it wasn't well appropriate

ooh, alright
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

I swear your assumption is as baseless as nothing, why did you attach so much importance to the type of USB used? Is it that important? You are just looking for something to hold to discredit the Vivo Z5s with.

To tell you NFC is more important in a phone than USB type C but you choose to ignore that and claiming it looks like a phone of 2017.
Bro USB type C is a 2017 trend and not either 2018 or 2019

Xiaomi redmi Note 6 pro made in late last year have USB type B
Xiaomi redmi 7 made 4 months ago have USB type B
Samsung galaxy J6 (2018) have type B
Samsung M10 and A10 made in 2019 have USB type B
So does that automatically ruled them out of the competition?
So can you see it irrelevant.

Please answer this questions please

Name 5 most important features in a phone?

Name what USB type C can do that type B can't?

Tecno phantom 6 plus have USB type C and the phantom 9 have USB type B, does that makes phantom 6 plus better than the phantom 9?

2 Likes

Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
am surprised that the 710 is faster than the 675 ...or are u sure that's the note 7 pro coz that guy didn't staye their specs and brand name undecided
It is difficult to see a detailed video of both processor competition with each other but they talked about the one that's is better between them and all of them chooses 710.
But if you have a detailed video with the same phone brand you can share it.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2019
OVA200:
Share a video of the processor against each other but not the one with realme 3
why the realme 3 uses sd710
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
why the realme 3 uses sd710
Because the colorOS of the realme is very buggy and not as smooth and sleek like MIUI.
To be fair with the comparison it's better to use phones of the same brand and same UI.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2019
OVA200:
Because the colorOS of the realme is very buggy and not as smooth and sleek like MIUI.
To be fair with the comparison it's better to use phones of the same brand and same UI.
colour is no more buggy .....it's the same one used on the vivo z5x .....
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
colour is no more buggy .....it's the same one used on the vivo z5x .....
No bro vivo Z5S run on funtouchOS not colourOS
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
OVA200:
I swear your assumption is as baseless as nothing

I will start by saying, calm down.
This debate is between the Vivo z1 pro, A70 and 7 pro.
these are all 2019 midrange devices.
They are all good phones. But there is an edge that the A70 and 7 pro has over the z1 pro, and that is the usb type c port, this tiny addition makes both the A70 and 7 pro stand out.

I already mentioned few advantages the usb type c has over the type b. If you want more you can do an online search, because everything I mentioned before is personal experience using the usb type c, if you want more information searching online will be what I would do, so instead of acting like I know it all, I would encourage you to go online.

That said, every phone you mentioned above is neither considered a midrange in 2019 nor do they have the sd675 or higher chipset in them.

It's not a case of discrediting the vivo z1 pro, it's a case of stating the obvious.
If you are saying nfc is more important than the usb type c, it's not part of the discussion, if we are stating the relevant or necessary features of a smart phone and thus far. That will only broaden the debate scope and we won't arrive at any reasonable conclusion.
Even at that, neither of the three devices houses nfc, correct me if am wrong.

Subsequently, the inclusion of the tecno phantom 9 in your listing of devices the z1 pro is more appealing against is quite irrelevant, because earlier, I stated vividly that the vivo z1 pro can be regarded as a class above the phantom 9 and the infinix note 6.

So instead of being angry at me for picking the one error that cannot be ignored in the vivo z1 pro, be angry at vivo for being too casual towards something so little yet so noticeable as the usb type c.

You can check this video out, after every praise on the z1 pro, the usb type b port was listed as a con. I am not responsible for the video, yet someone else sees it as an error too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLf6k6CHhyc
Welcome to 2019.
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
OVA200:
No bro vivo Z5S run on funtouchOS not colourOS
no difference bro ......both are from same company
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by SamGeek(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
The Note 7 Pro is the better option to me. 48MP Sony camera cant be compared to a 16MP
PPI density is higher on RN7 Pro
Build quality etc
See this comparison.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Vivo-Z1-Pro-vs-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Pro

Telvin7:
The vivo z1pro is the best phone to buy now and the specs are very incredible for the price...

Snapdragon 712,5000mah,6.53 inch punch hole display ,fhd+ lcd display, triple real cameras ..so amazing
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by OVA200(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Telvin7:
no difference bro ......both are from same company
Yes but the UI is not optimised the same way.

It's like it's like transsion with XOS and HIOS which are basically the same but XOS is well optimised than HIOS (am talking from experience)
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by Telvin7(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
OVA200:
Yes but the UI is not optimised the same way.

It's like it's like transsion with XOS and HIOS which are basically the same but XOS is well optimised than HIOS (am talking from experience)
ohhh .....it's more refine now
Re: Vivo Z1 Pro Is The King Of Mid-range ( Better Than A70 And Redmi Note 7 Pro) by PETUK(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
Telvin7:
The vivo z1pro is the best phone to buy now and the specs are very incredible for the price...

Snapdragon 712,5000mah,6.53 inch punch hole display ,fhd+ lcd display, triple real cameras ..so amazing

Where can i buy it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Chose The Tecno Spark 4 Over Redmi 8a (why?) / Mtn 1gb For N200, 10mb For N2, Everyone Is Eligible / BB: Problems Viewing YOUTUBE Videos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.