Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals (16476 Views)

Djokovic Defeats 13-time Champion Nadal In 'greatest' French Open Display / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by pcicero(m): 1:01am On Jul 13, 2019
Shebi na for grass he fit do shakara, we are waiting for him on clay if he no go retire permanently

#TeamNadal
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by emilas1979(m): 1:06am On Jul 13, 2019
And Tsonga
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by fergie001: 1:21am On Jul 13, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

u re soo on point, not forgetting dat FEDERER STAYED AS WORLD No1 FOR MORE THAN 300 WEEKS, MANU ATP's TITLES AS WELL. I LOVE D GUY LIKE BEANS.
but dat slim like centipede novak, hmmm d guy name dey fear me die.
That Djokovic ehn....
We gat send herdsmen to kidnap that guy tomorrow.....
He plays like he is been offended.....Chai....

I pray he doesn't win....God...please oooo

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by KenModi(m): 1:38am On Jul 13, 2019
do4luv14:

none, they has all falter to decieve

from wilfred to that tsisipa guy, to stan, and that swedish guy, all nah pretenders

Andy Murray?? Though a little overhyped by the British media but eh, his name pops up once in a while

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ghedo99(m): 2:48am On Jul 13, 2019
King Of Wimbledon Nadal King Of Clay, 12 French Open Titles
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ghedo99(m): 2:52am On Jul 13, 2019
Who z osaka? serena queen of the court
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 13, 2019
Aidejay:
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer
The only names I've heard in men's tennis. Is there like no challenge to these guys dominance
This guy: Felix Auger Aliassime.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by goslowgoslow(m): 3:49am On Jul 13, 2019
cinoedhunter:

Osaka on my mind grin
Osaka ko Osaka ni! Flash in a pan!
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Moikiitos: 4:07am On Jul 13, 2019
Aidejay:
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer
The only names I've heard in men's tennis. Is there like no challenge to these guys dominance
Simply, if you sabi...you sabi. Another sabi needs to show up to overtake you. For now...na only dem. Maybe retirement go bring other names dere smiley!
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by semyman: 4:22am On Jul 13, 2019
do4luv14:

none, they has all falter to decieve

from wilfred to that tsisipa guy, to stan, and that swedish guy, all nah pretenders
WAEC why?

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by israelmao(m): 4:39am On Jul 13, 2019
Roger Federer will emerge champion.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by stchinedu: 5:18am On Jul 13, 2019
fergie001:

Legend Federer should be first.....
20 Grand Slams isn't beans....

8 Wimbledon titles...
First and only man to reach a century of wins at Wimbledon....
King of Wimbledon....baba file fun

I have loved and admired this man for close to a decade...
The problem is that Djokovic beats people like a teacher flogging his students, I pray he gets injured and abandon the game

grin

The last part of your comment is so funny but true grin grin

I like him though.

I prefer Djoko against Nadal

Federa against Nadal

But not Federa against Djokovic

I love the two guys

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by geez18(m): 5:53am On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:
That's why I like Serena Williams.. She will beat you like a child, and you won't win any single round.. If Rodger get mind, make e challenge her

Don't get it twisted bro. 100 times out of a 100, Federer beats Williams.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:10am On Jul 13, 2019
he always beat nadal in recent times

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by ayanbaba2(m): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2019
semyman:
WAEC why?

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Chuks9000: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2019
SirBunky85:
replace that "might" with "will"
Make e no be like say we dey try the gods ....
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by frostmate2: 7:04am On Jul 13, 2019
Djokovic is a beast. He will win against Federer in the final, might be in 3 sets. He ups his game when playing against Nadal and Federer
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by do4luv14(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Onyi90:

U didn't mention Andy Murray.

ya cos he is an average challenger, wins some title btw Fedex and Nadal,

him and that USA guy, Hewitt abi have forgtn his name, tried alot but for imjuries

unlike the womens game, where every, Maria, his own sister, Patroval and every every, seems to be challenging the dominace of my very own HUGH CRUSH

who is even up against a familar foe in Halep
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2019
garfield1:

But why? Why is djokovic so hard to beat
It's easy for the lower ranked players to beat Djokovic than Nadal or Federer.
Djokovic took time to study his main rivals and knows too much about them. But a Thiem, a Zverev, can easily beat Novak coming in as underdog

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by do4luv14(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2019
semyman:

WAEC why?

NECO Z
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Treasure17(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2019
ucheuzor1:

sorry to disappoint you but Novak is just too strong for him to beat. I'm a Rafa Nadal fan but Djokovic is just too strong for both of them.
Yeah I agree but Federer is not a push over at this stage.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by fergie001: 8:57am On Jul 13, 2019
stchinedu:

grin

The last part of your comment is so funny but true grin grin

I like him though.

I prefer Djoko against Nadal

Federa against Nadal

But not Federa against Djokovic

I love the two guys

From the day I saw Federer play another great, Sampras.....I had loved the young man...

He is like an artist with the racket, his finesse, his wizardry and his backhand, only sex and money can beat that....

Never liked Nadal..he is a legend in his own rights but his fist-pumping and all those Vamos rather makes me a lil' bit not fancy him,with his head like Sergio Ramos....

Djokovic plays like someone possessed, he won't smile, he won't even give an inch and won't break under pressure...when he stands he covers the Court....I hate him...but I prefer him to Nadal sha...

But for tomorrow, Oh God....Djokovic must not win ooo...honestly, I will cry....

3 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:
That's why I like Serena Williams.. She will beat you like a child, and you won't win any single round.. If Rodger get mind, make e challenge her
Naive, Women's tennis is far inferior compared to mens, she and her sister once played a guy ranked 300 in the world they lost woefully i think 6-0 6-1 you should read up on it before you make comments like this in the future

very funny

3 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by stchinedu: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
fergie001:

From the day I saw Federer play another great, Sampras.....I had loved the young man...

He is like an artist with the racket, his finesse, his wizardry and his backhand, only sex and money can beat that....

Never liked Nadal..he is a legend in his own rights but his fist-pumping and all those Vamos rather makes me a lil' bit not fancy him,with his head like Sergio Ramos....

Djokovic plays like someone possessed, he won't smile, he won't even give an inch and won't break under pressure...when he stands he covers the Court....I hate him...but I prefer him to Nadal sha...

But for tomorrow, Oh God....Djokovic must not win ooo...honestly, I will cry....

You nailed it. Federa is simply awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by pyro62(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ovie56:
Naive, Women's tennis is far inferior compared to mens, she and her sister once played a guy ranked 300 in the world they lost woefully i think 6-0 6-1 you should read up on it before you make comments like this in the future

very funny

Uncle tennis. Oya take your own lemme take my own.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
davodyguy:

Djokovic is on another level, presently. On grass and hard court, non of Roger of Rafal is a match for Djokovic at the moment.

If Federer wins on Sunday, it may be due to luck.
Try watch the 2015 Wimbledon final and also US Open final of same year. It was Djokovic vs Federer in back to back finals, he won both
So, that he won both means that he will win all their future contests?

The fact is, if Federer plays his A game, NOBODY in tennis can beat him even if they play their A game too. The problem with Federer nowadays is inconsistency with his games which is caused by age.

If Federer at almost 38 can be this competitive, it's disrespectful for anyone to write him off against any tennis player at this point.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
SillyMods:

So, that he won both means that he will win all their future contests?

The fact is, if Federer plays his A game, NOBODY in tennis can beat him even if they play their A game too. The problem with Federer nowadays is inconsistency with his games which is caused by age.

If Federer at almost 38 can be this competitive, it's disrespectful for anyone to write him off against any tennis player at this point.
Are you sure you follow stats on men's tennis?

Since 2015 to 2019 Roger had only beaten Djokovic once in 2015 group stage of ATP finals in London. For 4 years plus, Federer has been very abysmal vs Djokovic.

Mind you, I'm his fan want GS 21 tomorrow, but as you said, a 38 year old man playing at that level, is really a legend, but can be very inconsistent as he has been since winning Australia open in 2018 in all GS since then
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
davodyguy:

Are you sure you follow stats on men's tennis?

Since 2015 to 2019 Roger had only beaten Djokovic once in 2015 group stage of ATP finals in London. For 4 years plus, Federer has been very abysmal vs Djokovic.

Mind you, I'm his fan want GS 21 tomorrow, but as you said, a 38 year old man playing at that level, is really a legend, but can be very inconsistent as he has been since winning Australia open in 2018 in all GS since then
Federer was abysmal against Nadal until 2016 and he has won 6 of their 7 contests since then. What says he can't beat Djokovic tomorrow if he reproduces the same form he brought against Nadal.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by echelons(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:

You obviously don't even know anything about tennis.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by jude5240(m): 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Angelfrost:
Well, congrats to him on reaching the final... But, we all know how it's gonna end... Djokovic will finally retire him.
Can I disagree with you on this?
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Angelfrost(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
jude5240:
Can I disagree with you on this?

Of course sir, you can... But, what are your reasons? Djokovic has a better edge: Speed, strength, age, and history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / FIFA And UEFA Suspend All Russian Clubs And National Teams From All Competitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.