Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals (16443 Views)

Djokovic Defeats 13-time Champion Nadal In 'greatest' French Open Display / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SirBunky85(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
Chuks9000:

Make e no be like say we dey try the gods ....
bikokwa,I can't c myself
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
SillyMods:

Federer was abysmal against Nadal until 2016 and he has won 6 of their 7 contests since then. What says he can't beat Djokovic tomorrow if he reproduces the same form he brought against Nadal.
Im sorry but yesterdays form is not enough to beat Novak, he needs something extra and he also needs Djokovic to have a bad day or else it will be straight set defeat for him
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by openmine(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:
That's why I like Serena Williams.. She will beat you like a child, and you won't win any single round.. If Rodger get mind, make e challenge her
If he beats her black and blue,you will still say its because rogers is a man and serena is a woman! tongue tongue
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by dannybrasky(m): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
The first time I watched Federer play was the day I became a tennis fan! His style of play,art of playing as well as the way he makes most difficult thing looks so easy made me like him the more.

But come to think of it,Djokovic suffered so much in the hands of both Federer and nadal on his path to greatness,losing to them in both quarterfinals and semifinals of grands slams. But through playing both over the years to the tune of 40 times each,made him study their games and as well build mental strength against them.

If you are a true tennis fan you won't find it hard to realise djokovic is the most complete tennis player as I speak.
Good serve.
Wonderful forehand
Strong backhand
Strong return of opponents serve.
Solid Defense.
Flexibility and speed.

His style of play,he targets his opponents backhand till they commit error or submit.
Now this is where he has an advantage over Federer, as Federer's backhand sometimes let him down. If Federer serves awesome tomorrow with his quality signature backhand on point,then it's a win for him,and that would be a 9th Wimbledon trophy.If not,then djoker would walk away with his 5th Wimbledon trophy.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 6:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Ovie56:
Im sorry but yesterdays form is not enough to beat Novak, he needs something extra and he also needs Djokovic to have a bad day or else it will be straight set defeat for him
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can only but laugh. I recall hearing this line severally even before he faced Nadal. Today, Nadal's fans are coming up with excuses why he lost.

Anyone who knows a thing about tennis and who is truthful to himself will accept that 25-22 H2H is nothing to conclude that the match can't go either way.

I predict Federer in 4 sets if not 3.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2019
dannybrasky:
The first time I watched Federer play was the day I became a tennis fan! His style of play,art of playing as well as the way he makes most difficult thing looks so easy made me like him the more.

But come to think of it,Djokovic suffered so much in the hands of both Federer and nadal on his path to greatness,losing to them in both quarterfinals and semifinals of grands slams. But through playing both over the years to the tune of 40 times each,made him study their games and as well build mental strength against them.

If you are a true tennis fan you won't find it hard to realise djokovic is the most complete tennis player as I speak.
Good serve.
Wonderful forehand
Strong backhand
Strong return of opponents serve.
Solid Defense.
Flexibility and speed.

His style of play,he targets his opponents backhand till they commit error or submit.
Now this is where he has an advantage over Federer, as Federer's backhand sometimes let him down. If Federer serves awesome tomorrow with his quality signature backhand on point,then it's a win for him,and that would be a 9th Wimbledon trophy.If not,then djoker would walk away with his 5th Wimbledon trophy.

I can't agree more with you. Federer is the reason I started following tennis in early 2006 because of his style.

No doubt, Djoko has done tremendously well by overcoming both Nadal and Federer. I can only admire his achievements. Nevertheless, I believe Federer will turn up for the match and do the needful to nick this one from Djokovic. I like the fact that not many is favouring him to win today, he is the underdog just as he was against Nadal. But the old man has got all the tricks to turn the table on Djokovic.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
SillyMods:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can only but laugh. I recall hearing this line severally even before he faced Nadal. Today, Nadal's fans are coming up with excuses why he lost.

Anyone who knows a thing about tennis and who is truthful to himself will accept that 25-22 H2H is nothing to conclude that the match can't go either way.

Well it's still a game anything can happen,
Thing is Novak's biggest ability is returning serve, When he successfully makes a return it just nolify the threat in the serve, if you know tennis then you know what im talking about, Fed needs djokovic return game to be poor
Now when it comes to backhand Federers back one hand backhand is weak compared to Djokovic that is also a game changer as you can see Nadal's backhand was very poor, all thing equal Novak should come out victorious

but then you and i are just predicting
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Aidejay:
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer
The only names I've heard in men's tennis. Is there like no challenge to these guys dominance

Dominic Thiem is young and coming

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
SillyMods:

Federer was abysmal against Nadal until 2016 and he has won 6 of their 7 contests since then. What says he can't beat Djokovic tomorrow if he reproduces the same form he brought against Nadal.
Hope you can see what I was saying yesterday?
Federer just bolted again, when he had the chance to defeat this arrogant Serbian angry angry angry sad sad
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
SillyMods:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

How I wish. It's too late already
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
davodyguy:

How I wish. It's too late already

My brother it's not the end yet
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Harjibode:

My brother it's not the end yet
Honestly, we are going 5 sets.

Djokovic is a lucky guy, this game should have ended 1 hour ago
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
I can't watch again. My heart completely shattered, thanks to Federer for messing up
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
So disheartened that Djokovic won, when Federer should have won
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by dannybrasky(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
He had his chances,he blew it! Life goes on lipsrsealed

davodyguy:
So disheartened that Djokovic won, when Federer should have won
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by dannybrasky(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Federer had two match points ( championship point)on
his serve and he blew his chances.

Epic match,congratulations to DJOKOVIC wink
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
davodyguy:

Hope you can see what I was saying yesterday?
Federer just bolted again, when he had the chance to defeat this arrogant Serbian angry angry angry sad sad
Very painful really. This will hurt for a very long time. He was by far the better player and he choked when it mattered most.

I'm in tears.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Djokovic is the original man of steel, kept his cool in all the important moments, he won against Federer, the crowd and the whole of UK
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ovie56:
Djokovic is the original man of steel, kept his cool in all the important moments, he won against Federer, the crowd and the whole of UK
Heard he does yoga which is why he's very flexible
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by SillyMods: 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ovie56:
I no blame una o. Na federer I blame.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
SillyMods:

I no blame una o. Na federer I blame.
isn't it true that he kept his cool in the important moments? And the crowd, oh the crowd was rude to him, they went as far as cheering Double fault.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
davodyguy:

Heard he does yoga which is why he's very flexible
lots of meditation and he's a vegetarian, plant based food only,he said that helps his energy and concentration level
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by davodyguy: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ovie56:
lots of meditation and he's a vegetarian, plant based food only,he said that helps his energy and concentration level
Abegi. He's just lucky tonight

Lots of people are criticizing him already.

I wonder why people don't really like him, even the ESPN and BBC commentators were routing for Federer.
Re: Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals by Ovie56(m): 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
davodyguy:

Abegi. He's just lucky tonight

Lots of people are criticizing him already.

I wonder why people don't really like him, even the ESPN and BBC commentators were routing for Federer.
Lol rooting for the opponent has never stop Djokovic, Stop being salty.
As for BBC and ESPN the truth is both are unprofessional, as a media house you have to stay neutral,
And you know what the reason why they dont like him is because he's from Serbia, he's a geniunely nice person and professional and he never critized his opponents and always give praise where it is due,
but you and i we're Nigerians we do not stand to benefit by encouraging xenophobia, i expect you to congratulate the winner, he won fair and square no cheating is involved and at the end of the day its just sport.
peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Falcons Arrive In Morocco For The 2022 Africa Women Cup Of Nations / Full Transcript Of Tb Joshua Prediction Of Nigeria - Guinea Match / FIFA And UEFA Suspend All Russian Clubs And National Teams From All Competitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.