Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

South Korea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Korea (1944 Views)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In South Korea / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Korea by Plutarch: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
Pls i would like 2 know if anybody in d house has travelled to s.korea b4 fro 9ja. Would like 2 knw d route,stopover(s),duration nd cost. A honest response will b apr8ed.
Re: South Korea by akimate: 5:46am On Oct 13, 2010
Not from 9ja, but I lived in Seoul for 3 years. Sorry I can't help with info about traveling from 9ja, but hit me up if you have any questions about Korea itself. I'd be happy to help you out.
Re: South Korea by Plutarch: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2010
Txn bro. I would like 2 how d place is generally d especially in d area of reception of foreigners. Would want 2 know about racism there. Hw is d cost of living 4 a single. Am planning Gwangju not dat big city(Seoul). Thanks n waiting 4 your response.
Re: South Korea by akimate: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
I'll start with acceptance of foreigners, i think they're more open to people in seoul than other places, if you could go to seoul, that would probably be easier for you. Koreans generally aren't very open to people they don't know (even other koreans), so it's even worse for people of other races, and probably even worse for blacks. That doesn't mean you will experience outright racism in your face (which probably will not happen unless you're out drinking and some random guys MAY come up to you) or if you are with a korean girl. Korean generally keep to themselves and just stare alot (they even stare at me for speaking english on the cell phone, and I'm ethnically korean). If you can get used to that, they stare at anything different, not just blacks, then go for it. Just be careful around bar areas at nighttime and when you are with a korean woman. Again seoul has areas like itaewon and hongdae where there are more foreigners and young people, so those areas are very cool and laid back. people down in gwangju may be a little more conservative.

As for money in seoul a room in a shared apartment starts at around 500,000 won. your own apartmnet will cost more. and things will be cheaper in gwangju. hope this helps
Re: South Korea by omega25red(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
My dream travel destination in the future is to getto japan and korea. ^^ thanks for the info and very cool to know that an ethnic korean is part of this website

(1) (Reply)

Life In Australia - Please Share Your Experience / My Wife UK Visit Application Under Consideration / Us Admission With Free Tuition And Fees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.