Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport (24985 Views)

Lagosians Stranded At Bus Stops. What's The Situation In Your Area? / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah / Cows Storm Abuja International Airport, Cause Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Loveprick: 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
But I always enjoy Dana. I prefer Dana to Arik. On tuesday , I went to Abuja from PH with Dana and came back today with Arik. I must say I enjoyed the experience I had with Dana than Arik. In fact, there is no perfect system in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by David6sh: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
That good
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by pyro62(m): 12:04am On Jul 13, 2019
Fukkafukkah:
angry...... Abeg make una come join us for NCAN Airlines grin grin grin

Please we also check head shape on this flight. So make sure your name is not saying one thing, and the shape of your head is saying another thing.
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by momove4real25(f): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2019
Olarewaju89:
You people never sleep? undecided cry
you nko? Me don off phone on am back since sleep never come
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by fbabs(m): 12:27am On Jul 13, 2019
momove4real25:
you nko? Me don off phone on am back since sleep never come

Put your legs inside water

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 13, 2019
all what i can see are compensation for damages... Nigeria nd money na 5&6

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Sochimaobim(m): 12:35am On Jul 13, 2019
Wetin concern me with Dana? When I can fly in PEACE!
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by qrymz(m): 12:38am On Jul 13, 2019
This is no news, I can't count how many times I've been delayed and this is because no one is suing their ass
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by qrymz(m): 12:40am On Jul 13, 2019
calculator123:
Reason why I rate Airpeace as the best airline in Nigeria.
Dana shouldn't tow this part else they will loose flyers

Airpeace provides a good service no doubt but they've delayed my flights countless times so they ain't better in that aspect. You're only assured of timely flight if your flight is either the first or the last for the day

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by StoneLucifer: 12:56am On Jul 13, 2019
properties4sale:
Quite sad!!!

As for me, if no be Arik, I no dey fly!!!

Down to more important matters,

Looking for home appliances that is being auctioned at give away price, well the link below is for u.

PH residents only!!!

.https://www.nairaland.com/5283231/furniture-home-appliances-very-cheap

Arik airline is a big failure. I know how many times it has disappointed me. Its even worse than dana airline.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by deco419(m): 1:02am On Jul 13, 2019
I hope they will compensate for down time

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by lonelydora: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Nawa o. People still dey fly Dana? angry

Bro, I wonder ooo! Never knew they still exist

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Bonebreaker(m): 1:10am On Jul 13, 2019
I didn't read it too long
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by doctore212(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2019
frankobinna:
Any
G guy should reply back
Want to learn
If you reside in Lagos, come to Ojuelegba under bridge by 4am. Ask for Razaq, he will direct you to me.
That's if u are serious.
Tuition is free.
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by samopeyemi: 1:57am On Jul 13, 2019
It was a terrible experience. The flight was initially scheduled for 5.10pm on Thursday. It was latter canceled for the day. They started refund option and latter told us they have 2 flights for Friday (1.05pm and 6.10pm). Most people rescheduled to 1.05pm.
I was at the airport as early as 9.50am on Friday cos I suspected the flight might be over booked.
1.05pm changed to 2.05pm..... By 2.05pm, no Dana air was on ground, No announcement from Dana. We waited for a long time before people went to their ticketing stand to protest. It was really an ugly situation, some people scheduled initially for Thursday slept at the airport, others spent between 20 to 30k on both hotel+transport+feeding because of the cancelation on Thursday.
Latter on, they made arrangements with Medview to airlift Dana passengers enroute Lagos, while PH passengers were still stranded. Latter, they told us their plane coming from Lagos to Abuja will convey us from Abuja to PH, the flight was scheduled to land in Abuja by 8.30pm....the flight finally landed around 8.45pm.
When the arrival announcement was made, passengers rushed to the boarding gate to queue without even waiting for the boarding announcement. It became very rowdy cos passengers feared the plane might not be big enough to airlift everyone (those scheduled for Thursday plus those for 1.05pm and 6.10 pm on Friday). Eventually, we forcefully entered the boarding gate without thorough checks. They had to recheck everyone's boarding pass when we have fully boarded. A whole lot of drama took place from the time the plane arrived from Lag, to when we boarded. Passengers did not even follow normal sit arrangements, we just shook head anywhere space dey. People that couldn't get seat in economy had to be taken to Business class seat. Plane eventually took off around 9.55pm thereabout after several drama.
We arrived PH 10.45pm.
What a DAY!!!
Bye bye Dana.....you no go see me till further notice.

6 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by SavageMajor(m): 2:05am On Jul 13, 2019
Where's our national carrier tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7-IVjBRi4
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by samopeyemi: 2:11am On Jul 13, 2019
ksam:
It was due to the weather, i was At the Abuja airport on the 9th, some flight could not Land due to bad weather... never knew it stay that long

Not at all. Other airlines were going to PH on Thursday and Friday while Dana air were no where to be found. I think most of their plane probably have technical issue. Na one mind most people take fly. It was rumored that the flight couldn't go on Thursday evening cos NCAA or so didn't clear the flight after some maintenance works.
IMO air (that is being managed by Dana) arrived Abuja around 1.55 pm on Friday, it could have conveyed us to PH, but it went straight to hanger for maintenance.
I think relevant agencies need to double check all airlines so we don't have a mishap.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by SaintNemesis(f): 2:40am On Jul 13, 2019
Why wait till now just go and enter young shall grow bus. Oh you people are afraid of killer herdsmen
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by jerryfunky(m): 2:43am On Jul 13, 2019
NA WA OOOO.

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by goat22: 2:46am On Jul 13, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Nawa o. People still dey fly Dana? angry

Little child how are you? How is school?
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by IYANGBALI: 2:46am On Jul 13, 2019
UncleGist:
Lalasticlala
him never enter plane before o
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Murphyenemuwe: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2019
This is nigeria
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Heineken(m): 5:45am On Jul 13, 2019
Sometimes when I remember my account balance and check how poor I am, I just look up, cry inside and say to myself, can I really be successful? How can I even do it, I don't know. To me I have tried but I don't just understand. Shebi them talk for yoruba say Iran meta o kin toshi ni. This is too much God. Time is going. Help me....
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Kylekent59: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2019
lonelydora:

Bro, I wonder ooo! Never knew they still exist

Just because the airline had had a crash ones doesn't make it a failure.
Remember it could happen to any airline.

Let's assume you were the owner of that flight, and this comments of yours was made by someone else. You happened to be online and read it. How would you feel?

Just because a child failed doesn't mean he is a failure forever.

I understand the pains and plights of those passengers, but there might had been a bad weather that delayed the flight.

Remember again,"they once failed, they don't wanna fail again,so therefore they are being careful not to fail".

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by richybanky(m): 6:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Dana that is full of disappointment, d day I boarded Dana from Lagos to Abuja, we were delayed for an hour and 30 mins. D only thing beautiful abt Dana is der beautiful and sexy hostess wink grin
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by passey: 6:33am On Jul 13, 2019
Kylekent59:

Just because the airline had had a crash ones doesn't make it a failure.
Remember it could happen to any airline.

Let's assume you were the owner of that flight, and this comments of yours was made by someone else. You happened to be online and read it. How would you feel?

Just because a child failed doesn't mean he is a failure forever.

I understand the pains and plights of those passengers, but there might had been a bad weather that delayed the flight.

Remember again,"they once failed, they don't wanna fail again,so therefore they are being careful not to fail".
Baba, failure self get grade na!
If you are the owner then so what? Facts don't care about feelings.
If the service is wacky then they shouldn't be in the business of selling it.
All these little failures add up and lead to catastrophic outcomes and suddenly, it becomes "the will of God"!
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by dingbang(m): 6:44am On Jul 13, 2019
calculator123:
Reason why I rate Airpeace as the best airline in Nigeria.
Dana shouldn't tow this part else they will loose flyers
you say?
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by dingbang(m): 6:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Just give us train....
Re: Passengers Stranded At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 13, 2019
frankobinna:
Any
G guy should reply back
Want to learn

shocked sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Tourism Day: Beautiful Pictures From Tourist Sites In Nigeria / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / Weak Naira Slows Down Japa Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.