Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan (501 Views)

Rejoinder: Nigerians Dont Care If South East Leave Nigeria. SS Is the Issue. / Pray Nigerians Dont Chase Buhari Out / Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan by publisher(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2010
I have observed GEJ since he became Nigeria's bona fide president,i've also monitored his critics.
I have come to the conclusion that Nigerians are NOT used to having interactive and intellectual leaders,people who talk less and do more.
Most Nigerians are used to leaders who have the capacity to make bold statements,use executive bravados,destroy opposition and keep Nigerian voices at arms length. Such leaders end up achieving little,and once they are out of office, become objects of endless criticisms.
GEJ has forced himself to reach out to ordinary Nigerians,he is a very interactive president and is of sound mind. I watched his recent town hall meeting in JOs were he coordinated an interview session with ordinary Nigerians, and he handled it well.

Obasanjo never handled an interactive session without insulting someone,though i respect Obj as one of Nigerians finnest, not because he was a saint but Obasanjo balanced Nigeria's power portfolio, gone are the days when a typical Southerner will hear 'North' or 'Hausa/Fulani' and shiver,Obasanjo's policies and postings during his 8 years gave every region some type of voice, a voice that favoured the South economically (Banking consolidation) and socially.

I can honestly vouch that for the last 5 months,electricity has improved by almost 50% in my area, and those of us in major cities have not queued for fuel,thus far.

I recall IBBs era and though young,i saw Nigeria almost on the verge of crumbling,iced with the June 12 anullment. I cant stomach IBB's return, its ridiculous, but if he does succeed,then it becomes a fact that he may be the kind of leader that a typical shallow minded Nigeria deserves. And surely IBBs main agenda will be returning the country back to the status quo where a history graduate from the north becomes CBN governor and employs all his relations.

Yes ,i am a Goodluck Jonathan fan, i will campaign for him and i will vote for him,
Re: Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan by Kelreal247: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
Nigerians rely deserve to be d president of nigeria again. To me i don't see someone dat suit in best.
Re: Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan by MShittu: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
GEJ isnt that bad, but these days he just seems to be making a few mistakes. Like the bomb blasts for example. He keeps on going back and forth with 'MEND', attacking Dokpesi and Okah and its all just very confusing. And his inaction with Abia state. I mean, come on! Its as bd as it has always been. And the fact that he hasnt been prosecuting corrupt leaders. Who remembers what happened with the Halliburton case? I don't, I really don't.
But he is doing some good, somehow.
Re: Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
OP

I think you meant to say to Nigeria deserves better than Jonathan. I have seen intellectuals, Jonathan is not one. I don't care if he has a PhD but he is certainly not very thoughtful.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Visit To Zamfara - Mend Threatens Another Bomb Attack / Obama's Related To Palin / Dokpesi Sues Sss For100 Million Naira Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.