Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Is Python Package - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Python Package (1043 Views)

I Designed And Published This Python Package In 8days. Check It Out / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Python Package by mallerk: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Am new to programming in short I can't program.
so I need a software for my business so I have been searching online how to build the program in python.
I logged in to github I saw a programmer that talked about the software am looking for so the guy released the script and gave a description that we should install a package which I won't list here and copy the post and paste and run the script
so my question here is what is a python package
to install the package is not a problem but am still interested on what is a python package
what is it used for
Re: What Is Python Package by godofuck231: 10:59am On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
so I need a software for my business so I have been searching online how to build the program in python.
I logged in to github I saw a programmer that talked about the software am looking for so the guy released the script and gave a description that we should install a package which I won't list here and copy the post and paste and run the script
to install the package is not a problem but am still interested on what is a python package
what is it used for
it's the sh*t bad Girls like that keeps them unable to work straight for weeks
Re: What Is Python Package by mallerk: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2019
godofuck231:
it's the sh*t bad Girls like that keeps them unable to work straight for weeks
what do u mean
Re: What Is Python Package by Semtu(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
what is it used for

#What package are you installing ?? undecided

#Well, a package is just a library of modules. Just like modules, you import various packages to your work

#Example :

from package.house import door
def door():
print("this is a" door)

#This is an example program on how to use packages in python. Here we made use of the .house package importing a 'door' module from the library.

#To know all the packages in your library, just run the code below;

help("packages"wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Python Package by clintz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
what is it used for

Python is an interpreter language for software programming. Visit https://www.python.org/ to download the package for your operating system and install. After the installation, you will be able to compile your script.

Good luck
Re: What Is Python Package by mallerk: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
Semtu:

#What package are you installing ?? undecided

#Well, a package is just a library of modules. Just like modules, you import various packages to your work

#Example :

from package.house import door
def door():
print("this is a" door)

#This is an example program on how to use packages in python. Here we made use of the .house package importing a 'door' module from the library.

#To know all the packages in your library, just run the code below;

help("packages"wink
thanks but am talking of pip and pypi
Re: What Is Python Package by mallerk: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
clintz:

Python is an interpreter language for software programming. Visit https://www.python.org/ to download the package for your operating system and install. After the installation, you will be able to compile your script.

Good luck
Thanks
Re: What Is Python Package by Semtu(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
thanks but am talking of pip and pypi

I think PyPI is the official package index software for python.

Install that, it has libraries of thousands of packages. So all you need do is search for the package you want on it.
Re: What Is Python Package by mallerk: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
Semtu:

I think PyPI is the official package index software for python.

Install that, it has libraries of thousands of packages. So all you need do is search for the package you want on it.
please let's chat on Facebook please am prince mallerk mike or give me your username let me give u friend request
Re: What Is Python Package by Semtu(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
please let's chat on Facebook please am prince mallerk mike or give me your username let me give u friend request

I don't use Facebook... you can dm on Twitter @ola_jethro or WhatsApp via the link in my signature
Re: What Is Python Package by mallerk: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
Semtu:

I don't use Facebook... you can dm on Twitter @ola_jethro or WhatsApp via the link in my signature
give me your number let's chat on whatsapp
Re: What Is Python Package by ncpat(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
Chat me on 08065942445
Re: What Is Python Package by godofuck231: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
mallerk:
what do u mean
kidding it's an old programming language

(1) (Reply)

Best State To Live In As A Programmer / Sales Model For Web Based Software / What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.