Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo (49549 Views)

Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by YoungAncient1: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
RIP to her!!! What a way to die- danced your way to death.

This is why i can don't club; the loud music and the stuffy air. I wonder what is exciting about such toxic environment.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Okoroawusa: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
dominique:

A 20 year old child actor died in his sleep just last week in the same LA you're having about. The moment the heart stops beating, there's little advanced doctors or medical technology can do about it
Don't mind that one.Ppl talk as if Buhari has been the President of Nigeria since 1960.See that one moniker claiming to be in LA(could be staying in one miserable room in Abule Egba for all we know).

We r all responsible for what Nigeria has become. Both leaders n followers.From exam malpractices to tax evasion,to bribery of all forms in our place of work n sch to deliberate destruction of govt properties.

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by dododawa1: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
ihatebuhari:
Useless country. It will never be well with Nigeria and I’ll forever regret being a black woman.

I got a little happiness and My greatest treasure on earth is living happily in LA with my fam. thanks to my Edo mom God bless her so much

he or she,not proud of his colour not fix to live.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by dododawa1: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
YoungAncient1:

This is why i can don't club; the loud music and the stuffy air. I wonder what is exciting about such toxic environment.
oga,death comes any where and any time,even inside your toilet.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Angelfrost(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Beremx:
she was not fighting. She was dancing and she slumped.

I think you missed the import of his counsel... When people fight, and one slumps and dies, it is easy to blame it on the opponent. But, a proper autopsy would have shown that the victim had a coronary which was unrelated to the fight i.e the person would have still died even without fighting.

Take the above case for instance, if she had engaged someone in a heated argument with pushing and slight shoving, then slumped, the other person would be blamed for her death.

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by mira4u: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Oh sad. High blood pressure related. Many are hypertensive yet don't know it. Some know yet refused to take the medication. Check your bp regularly.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by lagdmark(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
This is why I keep telling people that if they make money they should leave this country, Nigeria is beyond shíthole, it's not safe to live in this country anymore it's just so pathetic and unfortunate.
So if you make money you should leave Nigeria and migrate to a country where people don't die they live for 500 years, so those rich Nigerians at 75years and above living in Nigeria are spirits. Your reasoning is too Poor unfortunately.

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Beremx(f): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
Angelfrost:

I think you missed the import of his counsel... When people fight, and one slumps and dies, it is easy to blame it on the opponent. But, a proper autopsy would have shown that the victim had a coronary which was unrelated to the fight i.e the person would have still died even without fighting.

Take the above case for instance, if she had engaged someone in a heated argument with pushing and slight shoving, then slumped, the other person would be blamed for her death.
OK thanks
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Etebrusco: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
My script is currently on air now and one of our own Ubong Inyang is the producer/ director. He cast the part carefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fdVPJ_H10 please follow the link and enjoy this special comedy video and tell me what you think about this video. Most importantly, encourage a brother by subscribing to our YouTube channel as a token of your love to us please. God bless you as you subscribe. Thanks

Marriage Secret 1
youtube.com

1 Like

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Thomthom(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
Jayslicky:
How does this relates to Nigeria, do people not slump and die in other countries, you guys just like to insult Nigeria at any given opportunity.
I just tire the guy comment come dey make my brain dey overwork

1 Like

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Anabosee(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
black individual workharder assessment program (BIWAP) AKA "SLAVE TRADE" SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED.
MEN WANT TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY VOLUNTARILY ABEG.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by mira4u: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
Beremx:
[7/12, 5:32 PM] Dr Uyi Usoro: *An account of events surrounding final moments of late Sister Eunice Osarugue Egbobawaye*

She was said to have been dancing in the school hall then slumped on a chair. Was presumed to be tired but when she did not respond, Doctors were alerted and checked her. No peripheral pulses were palpated. Mis information about her being an asthmatic made the doctors administer pufffs of salbutamol to her via inhaler. When alerted, (smagoga doctors) we met her lying on the ground outside the hall. We stopped the inhaler, could only palpate the left temporal pulse and continued anti shock management and CPR. Then rushed her to the nearest private medical centre opposite the school but they had no oxygen.
Moved her to Central hospital in the hope of getting full complement of resuscitation facilities viz oxygen, defribillator. Upon arrival at central hospital, she was pronounced BID ( brought in dead). No defribillator.
We continued administering CPR on the way to UBTH, in expectation of getting a defribillator. Although a team was at reception to receive her, they confirmed no cardiac activity and also confirmed as bid.
Her corpse was then transferred to Stella Obasanjo Hospital and Morgue.

*Additional history from relative*
She was a known hypertensive, was ill 3months ago, collapsed after an injection administration and was in a coma for one week. Also had severe headaches two weeks ago and lapsed into unconsciousness for 24hours. Her attending Doctor had advised her to do some comprehensive check up and investigations which she postponed. She had severe headache prior to the opening ceremony of the 60th school anniversary.

Diagnosis: *Tentative cause of death is Cardiorespiratory arrest secondary to hemorrhagic stroke/ ruptured aneurysm*.
[7/12, 5:33 PM] Dr Uyi Usoro: *Lessons learnt*
*Regular medical check ups.
*Don't ignore warning signs, subsequent attacks of strokes almost always fatal.
*Proper ventilation while decorating the hall.
*Ambulance for every AGM ceremony.
*CPR training.
*Medical outreach should not be combined with other activities.
*Also food and drinks should be available to avoid hypoglycemic attacks.

They should have just pushed air into her through mouth to mouth or press the chest instead of all these dilly-dally.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by gogodaye(m): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
This is what happens when you know you have a challenge and then pretend to joke with it.....

[7/12, 5:32 PM] Dr Uyi Usoro: *An account of events surrounding final moments of late Sister Eunice Osarugue Egbobawaye*

She was said to have been dancing in the school hall then slumped on a chair. Was presumed to be tired but when she did not respond, Doctors were alerted and checked her. No peripheral pulses were palpated. Mis information about her being an asthmatic made the doctors administer pufffs of salbutamol to her via inhaler. When alerted, (smagoga doctors) we met her lying on the ground outside the hall. We stopped the inhaler, could only palpate the left temporal pulse and continued anti shock management and CPR. Then rushed her to the nearest private medical centre opposite the school but they had no oxygen.
Moved her to Central hospital in the hope of getting full complement of resuscitation facilities viz oxygen, defribillator. Upon arrival at central hospital, she was pronounced BID ( brought in dead). No defribillator.
We continued administering CPR on the way to UBTH, in expectation of getting a defribillator. Although a team was at reception to receive her, they confirmed no cardiac activity and also confirmed as bid.
Her corpse was then transferred to Stella Obasanjo Hospital and Morgue.

*Additional history from relative*
She was a known hypertensive, was ill 3months ago, collapsed after an injection administration and was in a coma for one week. Also had severe headaches two weeks ago and lapsed into unconsciousness for 24hours. Her attending Doctor had advised her to do some comprehensive check up and investigations which she postponed. She had severe headache prior to the opening ceremony of the 60th school anniversary.

Diagnosis: *Tentative cause of death is Cardiorespiratory arrest secondary to hemorrhagic stroke/ ruptured aneurysm*.
[7/12, 5:33 PM] Dr Uyi Usoro: *Lessons learnt*
*Regular medical check ups.
*Don't ignore warning signs, subsequent attacks of strokes almost always fatal.
*Proper ventilation while decorating the hall.
*Ambulance for every AGM ceremony.
*CPR training.
*Medical outreach should not be combined with other activities.
*Also food and drinks should be available to avoid hypoglycemic attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by adecz: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
Village people hate success &
happiness.. undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided

RIP...
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Babaheekmat: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
village people crew..

Why I no see you for this thread
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Babaheekmat: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
adecz:

Village people hate success &
happiness.. undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided

RIP...

spotted
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Okoroawusa: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
YoungAncient1:

Toxic environment?

well, what u don't know u don't know
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Some undiagnosed Heart condition maybe, Why didn't they take her to one of those dead people raising pastors? Gave her some So Called Anointed or Holy water or pray? when shiits like this happens so called Church Goers forget their Jesus and God and start Rushing to Hospitals..

Everyone In Nigeria should learn Basic CPR and First AID procedures, Rather than putting their Trusts in pastors and praying.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by lillan042(f): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by lillan042(f): 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
YoungAncient1:

Bullshiit, i have been clubbing since i was 14, I still Club After 20 years and i am still here.

Nigerians are very unhealthy people and they don't even know it. That woman probarbly have never done any exercise in her whole life. they just eat, eat, eat, eat, eat and eat, drink cocacola, Juice Doughnuts and fried chicken, meat, suya And buckets of carbs.

NO EXERCISE!

1 Like

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by OOLUSEG(m): 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
YoungLionken:
Her village people have finally succeeded. How pathetic!

Fear Benin people, common dance led to something else. If that's the way it is, then Kaffy the dancer, Poco Lee, Chris Brown, Yemi Alade, Tekno and others would have been dead by now. I hail Benin!!

ILLITERACY IS A DISEASE
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Ayoefa: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
This is why I keep telling people that if they make money they should leave this country, Nigeria is beyond shíthole, it's not safe to live in this country anymore it's just so pathetic and unfortunate.

The level of stupidity in Nigeria has now reached critical proportion. How dumb can you get to make such an asinine statement. Do you know how many people die unexpectedly even in the US in a daily basis?
Most of you cretin that tends to make these unintelligent comments have never left your villages.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Born2Breed(f): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
YoungLionken:
Her village people have finally succeeded. How pathetic!

Fear Benin people, common dance led to something else. If that's the way it is, then Kaffy the dancer, Poco Lee, Chris Brown, Yemi Alade, Tekno and others would have been dead by now. I hail Benin!!

1x3 daily.

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Ejem84: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria health system is thrash
because of the expensive nature of check up in the country people don't go for check up.
a comprehensive check up cost 150k or more.
How many Nigerians when e never see food chop well can afford dat amount?
Government must as a matter of urgency synchronize the local health practice with orthodox medicine to bring the cost down.
Note local health practise has to be brought to standard.
Let's ask how China was able to do it with acupuncture that has boosted the medical tourism.I believe if healthcare is cheap in Nigeria and a policy is put in place civil servants must go for check up as one criteria for promotion then we would have reduce incidence of cardiac arrest.
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Born2Breed(f): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
gypsey:
Bullshiit, i have been clubbing since i was 14, I still Club After 20 years and i am still here.

Nigerians are very unhealthy people and they don't even know it. That woman probarbly have never done any exercise in her whole life. they just eat, eat, eat, eat, eat and eat, drink cocacola, Juice Doughnuts and fried chicken, meat, suya And buckets of carbs.

NO EXERCISE!

Jaiye Abodirin died while exercising.

More of lack of regular medical check-up.

Nigerians hardly go for regular medical check up
Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by Zenlife: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
iammo:

This Nigeria sef. na wa......death news up and down everyday

I am sure if the british or Amercan slaves ships arrives Nigeria to pack slaves again this 2019, Many Nigerians would voluntarily board the slave ship and even buy their own chains to tie themselves to avoid disqualification from the salvetrade

Lol.
Oh shut it.
Very good one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by ishawlar: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lord have mercy on me and my family. Between life and death is a blink of an eye. Rip ma' am

1 Like

Re: Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo by oruma19: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Blackblunt:

Read the post again.

Dead on arrival
na WA for u o... u de believe the press release? I v been in a plane that almost crashed at take off in Benin City, when the pilot gave excuse that it was caused by "fecal matter" we vehemently disagreed with him and almost lynched the pilot because it was his fault, he wanted to do stunts at take off but it went bad, only God saved us the plane did not crash because we entered bush and came out about 3 times before the plane came to a halt. The koko of the mata is when I read the story in the dailies and on blogs, I was shocked at the way they presented it. In fact I told my boss that this story u are reading is the same plane I made a formal report about that almost crashed in Benin, boss was shocked and told me that is how Nigeria is. Don't believe what u read in the dailies or on the internet when bad things happen, they pay reporters to present news in their favor always. I can tell u for free, the woman would have been alive today if we have facilities in our hospitals. She was dancing in an alumni meeting so u can't tell me the people were not exposed or educated enough to know they should rush her to the hospital immediately it happened, naija is a jungle, very unreliable leaders and followers alike.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Ranks Number One In Condom Use / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! / 27 Dead Cows Smuggled Into Rivers State From The North (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.