Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49514 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by zedegit: 5:01am On Nov 07, 2023
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.

19 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 6:52am On Nov 07, 2023
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by CooldipoMPS: 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
shocked
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by slaawomirr: 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted out on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder sister during when she was about to put to bed

We lost the child
Almost about to lose my elder sister as well

Surgical operation gone wrong
Liquid of all kinds started coming out of my sister body through her nose continously

Very scary scene

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Tallesty1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chai... That is why doctors meticulously count and document their equipment before surgery and thoroughly crosscheck after the surgery to ensure nothing is missing.

So many factors could have contributed to this, such as potential carelessness on the doctor's part, the inherent complexity of the surgery, extreme fatigue resulting from overworking (more likely to be cause of this one) etc

This is a distressing and unacceptable way to lose a life wallahi.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by gentposh: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Good Day house, pls I have a 32 channels DVR but I only installed 25 cameras.

How can I make the TV to only display those 25cams alone without showing the empty cameras on the screen

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Kenmatt(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
OP be truthful to your self.

Not just because you want your Post to grace the "Promise Land" you're dishing what many a man think, assume which may be far from the truth.

How could you say you have lost countless of relatives and friends as a result of Doctors forgetting instruments inside their Patients stomach.

We have actually heard a lot about this, but how many times has it happened.

Please, if you're very sure it has happened to your close one, kindly highlight it here.

Let's not just be hitting on myths and jettison fact

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by 77up(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Recklessness of the highest order
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by LUGBE: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
May God save His children....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Padipadi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
Terrible. Could it be due to work stress that creates forgetfulness in doctors during surgery?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by HEBEI: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
The problem is regulations. Nigerian medical regulations are very poor.

These same doctors when they practice in the Western worlds do their jobs properly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
Let Nigerian doctors be abeg.

They are overworked and underpaid.

How much does you government budget for healthcare every year?!! Compare that to what they budget for their personal cars, houses, yachts, etc?!!!

In some public hospitals, surgeons are practically doing 5 surgeries within a short time frame under the most inhumane conditions...!

Maybe you don't know some surgeries are performed without electricity and adequate ventilators and ventilation.

You need to go out there and do some research! Then, you will see how rotten your nation is.

Barely 6 months in office, your president has already gone abroad for healthcare twice.

Even your Labor President has been flown abroad for mere punch in the face.

So, what exactly are you dragging the few hardworking doctors for?!!! Instead of pressing for better healthcare system and better remuneration and working conditions for your doctors.

You people should continue electing useless leaders, then turn around to wail like idiots.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Nature129(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
They are probably thinking of family and financial problems cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Oxb90: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Very costly mistakes
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Nahunger(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
cool
Why do you think politicians go abroad to check for headaches and cough

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Wazirinjos12(m): 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nah we dey do ourselves for this country. govt go frustrate u make quack doctors finish u.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by SouthSouth1914: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

Your comment is not only unacceptable but pedestrian. Doctors are professionals and shouldn’t be prone to these kind of mistakes when they have more than 2-5 persons attending to a patient who is being operated upon.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by chrysso83(m): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chai
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by inoki247: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Lol
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Emma09(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder during when she was about to put to bed
Eepa! Donmo oooooo. longest time oooo. Lolzzzzz

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by FitCorper: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

I always respect and read meaning to your every comment. You truly think in an advanced way. But these doctors need to be kept on their toes. Most times they act and feel like God when God only permitted us to be god. In all yes, as humans we are all prone to mistakes. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Namaster: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by joyandfaith: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.

Exaggeration.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by kcdendelo: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

shut the Bleep up... Doctors have to be professional in carrying out their duties

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ginanews1: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mohbad: Verydarkman Reacts As Court Granted Naira Marley and Sam Larry Bail

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P5q902TlzI
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hambivert: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
A friend introduced me to a film series "Doctor Lawyer" and I began to wonder if there is any regulatory body in Nigeria that checkmates these medical sparogators from hell.

With the way these Doctors insist on seeing a police report on a gun or accident victim before treatment and their pay before treatment policy, they should be held highly responsible for any kind of negligence.

A friend lost her mum during the cash crunch because the hospital refused collecting transfer payments as they strictly needed cash. They had the money, all of it, but not just in cash. Mom was left unattended to where she later died.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Doctors on Colorados 😂 😂
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by haybhi1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Truth is it's an injurious practice but you can be guaranteed it's never preconceived.
First off, it's surgeons that get invasive with patients. Anyone else who does this on you isn't licensed by the MDCAN. Importantly also, it's not limited to Nigerian doctors. US doctors, UK doctors, any doctor do—these news litter the net. It shouldn't be a case of generalization, witch-hunt, or stereotypes, before someone who can't even handle biology courses well will start going aboard, mouthing off slander and libel towards the noble profession. I see what training these people go through to become what you won't seize a slack to attack. Nigerian doctors are overworked. They literally dedicate all their life to serving you people, 7+ of rigorous medical school to make you just a baby doctor, 7+ years of dwelling in hospital with constant responsibilities for your actions, your licenses get withdrawn for any serious detectable mistake, yet one Emeka, who stays in Ikotun market selling used wears, just wants to abuse Nigerian doctors for the little rush of dopamine he'll burst...

If you like, keep on calling out Nigerian doctors. These people are toiling to give you health. Professor AbdulRahman separated conjoined twins in UITH the other day, swept under the rug. Tonnes of them I know with marvelous humanitarian contributions, yet too quick to be judged.

stuffs2002:
The life of one patient is in the hands of a doctor and he still manages to bungle it up like a fool that he is. do you even know that when a pilot is flying
Did you have a bad dream overnight, abi person collect bread from this otondo hand?

Take your wife to a pilot, when she bout to born. Take your aging parents to captains when geriatric terminal cases start setting in.
I pity your existence. If you like don't exercise right, take less alcohol, pollution, agbo, sugar, and salt, avoid STD, and yet be hopeful you have good genes and immunity. I so pity you ehn.

Who dey follow you measure dick? A pilot is as important as a commercial bus driver, to me. I expect pilots to be witty. If you're one, you don't sound bright enough.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by benuejosh: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
People were refuse go for clinical for Medical school or is it over stress? This is terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP!! How Can I Get Rid Of The Keloid Scar On My Head? / Doctor Edward Gbemudu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / Get Rid Of Pimples And Spots With Oriflame Pure Skin Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.