Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,938 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation (1246 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi’s Reformation Strategy (A Critical Observation) / It Will Get Easier With Time , I Promise You / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2019
Islam started as a religion in the far-away Middle East as a critic of the mainstay religion in Saudi Arabia.

Muhammad's criticism of Idolatry was met with vehement opposition and persecution, ultimately Islam conquered Saudi Arabia after much bloodshed and rivalry as is accustomed during that Century and past.

With the help of trusted companions, Martyrs and reverts, Islam became a force to reckon with. (don't get me started on that)

As commanded by Allah, the Quran became the only source of guidance for Muslims, however, after the death of the Prophet, avoidable disaster has plagued the nation of Islam ever since.

The desire for power and influence overrode piety and submission which lead to an age-long rivalry between the two major sects in Islam.

As Muslim, every form of social interaction or endeavours is governed by the Sunnah (The Sayings and Actions of the Prophet), and over time, the Sunnah became a unanimous Deputy of the Quran.

But as a liberal, I have found most of the Sunnah fit for the abyss of history, no longer relevant as it were.

CHANGE is inevitable and Muslims must come to the realization that "Time" could be a loving friend, rather a raging Superior Enemy.

History has taught us that anyone who Opposed "Change" was either completely annihilated or reduced to insignificance.

Years ago the Papacy was supreme until Science began unearthing some dogmas by brilliant and Selfless Men, at first, the concept of science was alien and a heresy, punishable by death, but the Wind of Change like a Tsunami sweeps every form of resistance and objection, the rest is History.

The Quran made it abundantly clear that taking a life without a Just Cause is a major sin, I still wonder if the Muslims who claim to be Jihadist have never come across Surah 6 Verse 151 or one of the shortest and easily memorable Surah 109.

Killer herdsmen and terrorist are 99% Muslims, however, the dogma of the Sunnah has clearly blinded their conscience and sense of reasoning.

There is no promised virgin for killing people who hold contrary religious views anywhere in the Quran, except in the Hadith.

Islam needs to emancipate women, Child bride and totally shun the concepts of Slavery as practised in most Muslim dominated countries.

Why would a woman need to provide an extra witness to corroborate her claim, while a Man is sufficient? This Is All Shades Of Wrong!

The burqa is no measure of piety or submission, most adulterers and perpetrators of evil adorn themselves in Burqa.

What is attainable for Prophet Muhammad over 2000 years ago can never be generally accepted if you tow the same path.

I don't have to sleep, eat, walk and talk the same way the Prophet did. I am different living in different Century and dimension.

Islam teaches virtue, and I have seen Pious Muslims who would never hurt another even when pushed to an extreme, this is how to Spread the message of Islam, and never through Violence.

The Sharia is an effective tool for social justice against the Poor but very Weak when the Rich is involved.

Not long ago, the crowned Prince of Saudi Arabia was indicted for murder and the Sharia was Mute like my Wallet. No public outcry from Muric and other Islamic watchdogs. This is the Zenith of HYPOCRISY.

How many Alhaji's from prominent families have been amputated for stealing?

How many Alhaja's from prominent families have been stoned to death for idolatry?

At a time Nokia was a Symbol of Perfection, But sadly With Time Even Perfection Erodes.

1 Like

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2019
All Religions, including Islam were designed by the Illuminated ones for mind control and revenue generation. It is a great tool for Human farming in any universe.

1 Like

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sorextee(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2019
Wonderful piece.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2019
PLEASE ANYONE WITH AN IDEA HOW TO REMOVE THIS INSIDIOUS QUOTE ON MY PROFILE

"I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

ISLAM ON NAIRALAND IS BECOMING A CULT RATHER A RELIGION.

@seun
@lalasticlala
@dominique
@maclatunji

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2019
sorextee:
Wonderful piece.

Thank You...
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Kingosytex(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:
Islam started as a religion in the far-away Middle East as a critic of the mainstay religion in Saudi Arabia.

Muhammad's criticism of Idolatry was met with vehement opposition and persecution, ultimately Islam conquered Saudi Arabia after much bloodshed and rivalry as is accustomed during that Century and past.

With the help of trusted companions, Martyrs and reverts, Islam became a force to reckon with. (don't get me started on that)

As commanded by Allah, the Quran became the only source of guidance for Muslims, however, after the death of the Prophet, avoidable disaster has plagued the nation of Islam ever since.

The desire for power and influence overrode piety and submission which lead to an age-long rivalry between the two major sects in Islam.

As Muslim, every form of social interaction or endeavours is governed by the Sunnah (The Sayings and Actions of the Prophet), and over time, the Sunnah became a unanimous Deputy of the Quran.

But as a liberal, I have found most of the Sunnah fit for the abyss of history, no longer relevant as it were.

CHANGE is inevitable and Muslims must come to the realization that "Time" could be a loving friend, rather a raging Superior Enemy.

History has taught us that anyone who Opposed "Change" was either completely annihilated or reduced to insignificance.

Years ago the Papacy was supreme until Science began unearthing some dogmas by brilliant and Selfless Men, at first, the concept of science was alien and a heresy, punishable by death, but the Wind of Change like a Tsunami sweeps every form of resistance and objection, the rest is History.

The Quran made it abundantly clear that taking a life without a Just Cause is a major sin, I still wonder if the Muslims who claim to be Jihadist have never come across Surah 6 Verse 151 or one of the shortest and easily memorable Surah 109.

Killer herdsmen and terrorist are 99% Muslims, however, the dogma of the Sunnah has clearly blinded their conscience and sense of reasoning.

There is no promised virgin for killing people who hold contrary religious views anywhere in the Quran, except in the Hadith.

Islam needs to emancipate women, Child bride and totally shun the concepts of Slavery as practised in most Muslim dominated countries.

Why would a woman need to provide an extra witness to corroborate her claim, while a Man is sufficient? This Is All Shades Of Wrong!

The burqa is no measure of piety or submission, most adulterers and perpetrators of evil adorn themselves in Burqa.

What is attainable for Prophet Muhammad over 2000 years ago can never be generally accepted if you tow the same path.

I don't have to sleep, eat, walk and talk the same way the Prophet did. I am different living in different Century and dimension.

Islam teaches virtue, and I have seen Pious Muslims who would never hurt another even when pushed to an extreme, this is how to Spread the message of Islam, and never through Violence.

The Sharia is an effective tool for social justice against the Poor but very Weak when the Rich is involved.

Not long ago, the crowned Prince of Saudi Arabia was indicted for murder and the Sharia was Mute like my Wallet. No public outcry from Muric and other Islamic watchdogs. This is the Zenith of HYPOCRISY.

How many Alhaja's from prominent families have been stoned to death for idolatry?

At a time Nokia was a Symbol of Perfection, But sadly With Time Even Perfection Erodes.

OP, you wrote well. those aforementioned vices you noted are giving your religion a very bad image

It still baffles me that some people have actually been brainwashed to believe that they would be rewarded with heavenly virgins if they kill for their god

The issue of almajiris is another sector that needs to be looked into, i think the nigerian muslim elites have conspired to continually hold their followers in perpetual slavery. With the thousands of almajiris littered all over the north, i am yet to see the children and grand children of the atiku, ganduje, bindow, fintiri, sanusi, tambulwa et al among the almajiris.

is almajirism only meant for the poor and the downtrodden?

The issue of child marriage is evil and should be discarded
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2019
Kingosytex:

OP, you wrote well. those aforementioned vices you noted are giving your religion a very bad image

It still baffles me that some people have actually been brainwashed to believe that they would be rewarded with heavenly virgins if they kill for their god

The issue of almajiris is another sector that needs to be looked into, i think the nigerian muslim elites have conspired to continually hold their followers in perpetual slavery. With the thousands of almajiris littered all over the north, i am yet to see the children and grand children of the atiku, ganduje, bindow, fintiri, sanusi, tambulwa et al among the almajiris.

is almajirism only meant for the poor and the downtrodden?

The issue of child marriage is evil and should be discarded

If Islam continues to swim against the current, inadvertently drowing is imminent.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2019
Truth be told,religion is now a tool for the Elite and politician.Saudi Arabia,Iran actually practice Military Rule but make it seem to the world like they are practicing Sharia Law.Sharia law allows you to criticise those in power but you there not do that in Saudi and Iran.If you take part in protest in Saudi and you got arrested, you are going to be executed. Suadi practices Military rule in disguise as Sharia law.There is no Muslim country in the world today that practices full Sharia law.They apply some,they don't apply some.

1 Like

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

There is nothing that needs reforming about Islam,its the people that actually needs reforming.
With every wrong committed by Saudi Arabian Government, they are still friend of USA and Israel,but Iran is not a friend of USA,so it looks like Iran is the bad guy.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Olorunnim: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2019
Well constructed piece Anybody, ideology,or Organisation that refused to Flow with the times would miss on it.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:

There is nothing that needs reforming about Islam,its the people that actually needs reforming.
With every wrong committed by Saudi Arabian Government, they are still friend of USA and Israel,but Iran is not a friend of USA,so it looks like Iran is the bad guy.

It is quite disheartening....

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
Olorunnim:
Well constructed piece Anybody, ideology,or Organisation that refused to Flow with the times would miss on it.

Amadiaoha, Sango once commanded reverence, and submission but Alas, Change changed the narratives.

1 Like

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:
Truth be told,religion is now a tool for the Elite and politician.Saudi Arabia,Iran actually practice Military Rule but make it seem to the world like they are practicing Sharia Law.Sharia law allows you to criticise those in power but you there not do that in Saudi and Iran.If you take part in protest in Saudi and you got arrested, you are going to be executed. Suadi practices Military rule in disguise as Sharia law.There is no Muslim country in the world today that practices full Sharia law.They apply some,they don't apply some.

And they claim they are Muslims practising religion of peace.

Take for instance the Muslims on Nairaland, very easy at dishing out criticism but angry when criticised.

Why would any sane Muslim, force anyone to accept the creed of faith?
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by JeromeBlack: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Cc Empiree, Lanrexlan
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

Take for instance the Muslims on Nairaland, very easy at dishing out criticism but angry when criticised.

I don't exactly know why the Mods do that coz this platform is for everyone.Meanwhile,I'm a Muslim
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

What religion doesn't say they are of peace.Islam from its root word means Peace and Submission

1 Like

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:

I don't exactly know why the Mods do that coz this platform is for everyone.Meanwhile,I'm a Muslim

If such gestures were replicated in the Christain section, Muslims like Muric would shout to high heavens screaming intolerance.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

About the criticizing part,one can criticize constructively or deconstructively,but most times Muslims are criticized in a deconstructive manner,so they will get angry.Besides, all humans get angry when you tell them something they don't like especially what is wrong about them.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

If such gestures were replicated in the Christain section, Muslims like Muric would shout to high heavens screaming intolerance.
Then tell the Mods to do the same.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:

About the criticizing part,one can criticize constructively or deconstructively,but most times Muslims are criticized in a deconstructive manner,so they will get angry.Besides, all humans get angry when you tell them something they don't like especially what is wrong about them.

No doubt, but Muslims respond more violently even to mundane issues...

Muslims would be quick to insinuate Jesus was not crucified even Easter day, but say something negative about Muhammad on an Eid day, and see global condemnation and outcry.

The northern government destroys goods considered Haram, but enjoy proceeds through the tax of the same haram. Please define Hypocrisy
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

No doubt, but Muslims respond more violently even to mundane issues...

Muslims would be quick to insinuate Jesus was not crucified even Easter day, but say something negative about Muhammad on an Eid day, and see global condemnation and outcry.

The northern government destroys goods considered Haram, but enjoy proceeds through the tax of the same haram. Please define Hypocrisy
Do you c Muslim saying negative about Jesus like him stealing maize on Sabbath day,him drinking to death,no you won't coz we respect him and saying negative things about someone not present to defend himself is not acceptable.What would their violent responses do,nothing-it just wipes away like gas.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:

Do you c Muslim saying negative about Jesus like him stealing maize on Sabbath day,him drinking to death,no you won't coz we respect him and saying negative things about someone not present to defend himself is not acceptable.What would their violent responses do,nothing-it just wipes away like gas.

I have watched Zakir Naik Easter day debate on "Cruxificton or Crucifixion" This is Insensitive.

Regardless of what Muslims think, Christians have the right to believe whatever they choose to. Suratu Kafirun clearly states this.

We all claim tolerance when it suits us, but scream blue murder when we are given the same drugs we prescribed for others.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

I have watched Zakir Naik Easter day debate on "Cruxificton or Crucifixion" This is Insensitive.

Regardless of what Muslims think, Christians have the right to believe whatever they choose to. Suratu Kafirun clearly states this.

We all claim tolerance when it suits us, but scream blue murder when we are given the same drugs we prescribed for others.
What did he say about easter day,.Whatever he said shouldn't stop you from celebrating Easter,I'm kind of sure he said its a fabricated celebration n Muslims should not participate.Am I right?
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by sulasa07(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

Don't Christian say Muslims are wrong,Muslims do this,do that,I and we don't care.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Empiree: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

You are on a mission?. Which mission are you on?.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Empiree:
You are on a mission?. Which mission are you on?.

Reformation
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
sulasa07:

What did he say about easter day,.Whatever he said shouldn't stop you from celebrating Easter,I'm kind of sure he said its a fabricated celebration n Muslims should not participate.Am I right?

Google Zakir Naik Easter debate
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Empiree: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

Reformation
Reform yourself first. Thank you
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Empiree:
Reform yourself first. Thank you

Point out my obvious flaws and I am willing to work on them. Thank you.

But if speaking up against Hypocrisy is a sin to you, then I am sorry sir, you are the one who needs the Reformation.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Empiree: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

Point out my obvious flaws and I am willing to work on them. Thank you.

But if speaking up against Hypocrisy is a sin to you, then I am sorry sir, you are the one who needs the Reformation.

Don't take it personal. I am just trying to figure out what you are trying to achieve here?. You said Islam should be reformed but do you have scholarship or qualification to determine what needs reform in islam. Some things you talk about simply make no sense. And the islamic quote on your profile will not go away unless and until you stay away from islam section for at least 7 days to go away on its own. If you keep commenting on this section it will continue to pop up. Besides, how does this bothers you personally?. Hurts you physically, mentally or what exactly? It is made like that in this section to deter low lives.
Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by amazinglanre: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Empiree:
Don't take it personal. I am just trying to figure out what you are trying to achieve here?. You said Islam should be reformed but do you have scholarship or qualification to determine what needs reform in islam. Some things you talk about simply make no sense. And the islamic quote on your profile will not go away unless and until you stay away from islam section for at least 7 days to go away on its own. If you keep commenting on this section it will continue to pop up. Besides, how does this bothers you personally?. Hurts you physically, mentally or what exactly? It is made like that in this section to deter low lives.

Firstly,

Empiree:

Don't take it personal. I am just trying to figure out what you are trying to achieve here?. You said Islam should be reformed but do you have scholarship or qualification to determine what needs reform in islam. Some things you talk about simply make no sense.

This is actually what gave rise to dogmas in Islam, Nobody can speak against any wrongs in Islam except the Mullahs. and secondly, Emancipating women does not make any sense? Tell that to Malala Yousafzai.

Women adorned Burqah is no measure of piety and Women having to provide extra witnesses in Sharia courts is insensitive. Quick question. Has Burqah stopped adultery and perpetration of evil?

Empiree:

And the islamic quote on your profile will not go away unless and until you stay away from islam section for at least 7 days to go away on its own. If you keep commenting on this section it will continue to pop up. Besides, how does this bothers you personally?. Hurts you physically, mentally or what exactly? It is made like that in this section to deter low lives.

Muhammad started as a critic without necessarily bearing the Idolator tag, and I do not have to publicly declare my Shahadah to you, it is not a tenet of Islam. Declaration of faith is a personal affair, besides I rather let my deeds and actions propagate me as a Muslim than any forced mantra.

It bothers me because it is forced upon me, Imagine an Agnostic quote on your computer or any OS because the creator of the OS forced it on you because you use his/her product. Muslims would be the first to cry out.

Empiree:

Besides, how does this bothers you personally?. Hurts you physically, mentally or what exactly? It is made like that in this section to deter low lives.

There are no low lives, just people with different opinions and perspective. Muhammad had a different perspective when he started calling the people of Mecca away from idolatry and to the path of Islam. You need to liberate yourself from this dangerous path of Hate and Superiority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation by Empiree: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
amazinglanre:

Firstly,

This is actually what gave rise to dogmas in Islam, Nobody can speak against any wrongs in Islam except the Mullahs. and secondly, Emancipating women does not make any sense? Tell that to Malala Yousafzai.
like I knew it. See, you are talking about culture. People who supposedly are Muslims but unfortunately have questionable culture. You should worry about your culture in Nigeria or wherever you live. But unfortunately they always lure islam into it.

Women adorned Burqah is no measure of piety and Women having to provide extra witnesses in Sharia courts is insensitive. Quick question. Has Burqah stopped adultery and perpetration of evil?
it is just a dress just like any dress. You are making compound statement and compound allegation. Do all women wear burqa?. Besides no one said it prevents adultery or measure of piety. Piety resides in the heart. What Muslim women dress code signifies first is obeying command of God. Burqa in itself is subjective to culture. As for extra witnesses, this in itself is valid in any court of law today. So I see no point you are trying to make. If muslim woman wears burqa and she's comfortable and doesn't complain to you, how does that affects you, sir?. Do you as well criticized the one who wears bikini which in reality a revert to the time of jahiliyah (ignorance). When you were born the first thing done on you was they cleaned you and then they clothed you.

Muhammad started as a critic without necessarily bearing the Idolator tag, and I do not have to publicly declare my Shahadah to you, it is not a tenet of Islam. Declaration of faith is a personal affair, besides I rather let my deeds and actions propagate me as a Muslim than any forced mantra.
sorry buddy. This was his obligation. He had responsibilities to carry out at behest of his Lord, the same way all prophets before him were ordered to propagate God's Oneness. That aside, i am just curious, I thought you meant this is 21 century and Muslims should emancipate?. If so why did you have to refer back to Prophet Muhammad from 1400 yrs ago.?. Don't you think you are on a mission as I suggested earlier?. You have motives?.

It bothers me because it is forced upon me, Imagine an Agnostic quote on your computer or any OS because the creator of the OS forced it on you because you use his/her product. Muslims would be the first to cry out.
guy, I have told you what to do if you don't want the phrase on your profile. It wasn't Muslims it was CEO of this forum and he's not Muslims who came up with the idea. Maybe you don't know the reason for it. It was the same guys like you sometime back who abused Muslims and insulted their religion and posted porn. So CEO made his decision to segregate islam section to avoid violence and insult. So whoever wants to comment must first acknowledge this phrase. It doesn't mean you are Muslim. It means you agree to maintain courtesy in this section. We are open to reasonable debate unlike what you portrayed it to be.

There are no low lives, just people with different opinions and perspective. Muhammad had a different perspective when he started calling the people of Mecca away from idolatry and to the path of Islam. You need to liberate yourself from this dangerous path of Hate and Superiority.

first, did I/we complain to you?. Second, liberate from what to what exactly?. Aren't you being intolerant towards my believe now?.

Qur'an has this to say

And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the Christians until you follow their religion. Say; “Surely Allah's guidance, that is the (true) guidance”. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper(120).

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Easter Sunday; Did Jesus Really Ascend Unto Heaven In Flesh And Bones??? / A Short Story On Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola / Oncesaved, not alwayssaved (read: John 15:5-6 & Romans 11:21-24)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.