Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches (23304 Views)

Nigerian Man Challenges Pastor Who Contracted Him To Give Fake Prophecies (Pix) / Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches
The woman took him (the pastor) seriously. She went and gathered all that she had and brought it to the pastor and said, "Pastor, here is my one million naira. I believe in you and I believe in the prophecy." But she was smart. She started counting the days from the moment she dropped the donation. By the end of the month when she did not get the 10 million the pastor prophesied, she visited the pastor to demand her money."
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JUL 14, 2019

The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, says many Nigerian pastors get away with fake prophecies because their members fail to challenge them when the prophecies don't come true.

Bakare said this on Sunday during a church service at the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, televised on ChannelsTV.

He said materialism had been masquerading as prosperity in the churches, lamenting that materialism had eaten deep into the soul of the church.

He said, "People don't know the difference between materialism and prosperity. Men become so materialistic that the size of their accounts and the number of their congregation give them a platform, whether God is with them or not, whether Satan is the one doing mahuru, mahuru."

"Ask anybody in a church what is a success. Tell me the truth. Fame, power, prestiges, money, are what we consider success. From God's perspective, that is zero because you can get those from Satan and he would waste your life in no time."

While rebuking pastors for merchandising the "anointing of God," the cleric recalled a story of the mother-in-law of one of his friends.

He said, "I remember the story of a friend, the mother-in-law was part of a church of a pastor (I won't mention name). The man was preaching a hot message that the Lord just said to him that if anyone would give one million naira to the church, in one month, he or she would get N10m back. He said if you don't get it, come back for your money.

"The woman took him (the pastor) seriously. She went and gathered all that she had and brought it to the pastor and said, 'Pastor, here is my one million. I believe in you and I believe in the prophecy.' But she was smart. She started counting the days from the moment she dropped the donation. By the end of the month when she did not get the 10 million the pastor prophesied, she visited the pastor to demand her money.

"She told the pastor, 'I am here, I have come back for my money. I am not joking. If you don't give me I will call the police.' O san o (The pastor paid it back).

"Because others would not come back like this woman, that is why they (pastors) get away with it (fake prophecies). The woman said 'thank you' and left the church. That would start taking place in the church; then they (pastors) would not promise what they cannot deliver."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/14/bakare-explains-why-pastors-get-away-fake-prophecies-nigerian-churches

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Learn12: 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
We're talking super chicken you are talking pastor, who u epp tongue
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by iCauseTrouble: 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Someone who read that long epistle should please summarise so that I can comment

1 Like

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Montanasnr(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Why?
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Carlyscales: 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
We
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by StupidVoters: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
I wonder why people are complaining that Buhari hasn't appoint ministers after months into his second tenure. My question is, of what difference is his administration with or without ministers? what impacts do the ministers have on their respective portfolios? Is Nigeria any better from 2015 till date as a result of ministers or secretaries appointed by Buhari? 1999 to 2015 (16years) Nigeria government borrowed 12trn naira, economy was fair, there was hope then. 2015 till date, (4 years+), Buhari borrowed 12trn naira, economy moved from fair to worst, insecurity zero, ethnic bigotry, etc and we turn to world HQ of poverty amidst those borrowing.

My question is " are they borrowing money to loot"

Nigerians or let me put it this way, Southerners brace up. The hard times is about to start, last 4 years was preamble.

I Bleep up sha, why I go put capital letter B for bubu's name

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Lamasta(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Those pastors are the wolves in sheep's clothing that Jesus talked about we need to be wary of them

6 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by romeorailss: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
So many fake prophecies ... you shouldn't answer those pastor's that come to your church to call for money to be dropped . They start from maybe 1 million come out , they anoint the 3 people then step down to 500k . They anoint the 7 people then step down to 200k they anoint the 15 people the come down n say . If u have 100k come out . They anoint those ones too around 25 people . Now they will say . God has told me that there are 50 people who should come out for this 50k . Now people will rush out . U will hear God said it's remaining 10 people . U see another 4,5,6 rushing out from different angles .

Then before he starts anointing I see another 6 whose mind have been playing pranks on them . Should I drop my son's school fees or not cheesy. The they all troop out for the blessings.

Las Las. Money must be made grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
There will be loads of judgment in the last days, against these. called Men of God ..... so says the Lord Almighty!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by landmark86: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
?
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by GentleMoney: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmm..

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by lielbree: 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
When my brother Solomon was missing for 7weeks, we went to so called men of God and prophets. 98%told us that he is alive and will return soon.

We would later discover his lifeless body at the mortuary. Murdered by SARS in Portharcourt....

It is only 2 prophets a man and woman who were able to tell us there was no hope for him.

Fake prophets are everywhere

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by StrikeBack(m): 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
The average Nigerian Christian is at best ignorant and at worse extremely gullible

10 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by itchie: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
He also dropped false prophesies on Nigerians in the past

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by chuose2: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
No be Adeboye say 2015 go better for 9ja,yet that was the year we enter recession?

Adeboye na yahoo pastor grin grin grin

https://eaadeboye.com/2015-prophecies-by-pastor-e-a-adeboye/

ADEBOYE HAS FOOLED NIGERIANS WITH FAKE PROPHECY

The prophecy own too much, see as Daddy Freeze expose Adeboye fake prophecy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMRxPuXEzrY

9 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by jeffizy(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Great read. The moment the congregation hold Pastors to their words, sanity and holiness will return!

1 Like

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
...because the people that believe their rubbish are follow-follow brainless sheep, who can't think for themselves...

9 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by mu2sa2: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Believe it or not, not one pastor will remain in business if bakare's prescription were to be followed.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by dalhjana: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hunger is the major problem. If person chop belle full e no go see witch.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by samstradam: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches
The woman took him (the pastor) seriously. She went and gathered all that she had and brought it to the pastor and said, "Pastor, here is my one million naira. I believe in you and I believe in the prophecy." But she was smart. She started counting the days from the moment she dropped the donation. By the end of the month when she did not get the 10 million the pastor prophesied, she visited the pastor to demand her money."
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JUL 14, 2019

The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, says many Nigerian pastors get away with fake prophecies because their members fail to challenge them when the prophecies don't come true.

Bakare said this on Sunday during a church service at the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, televised on ChannelsTV.

He said materialism had been masquerading as prosperity in the churches, lamenting that materialism had eaten deep into the soul of the church.

He said, "People don't know the difference between materialism and prosperity. Men become so materialistic that the size of their accounts and the number of their congregation give them a platform, whether God is with them or not, whether Satan is the one doing mahuru, mahuru."

"Ask anybody in a church what is a success. Tell me the truth. Fame, power, prestiges, money, are what we consider success. From God's perspective, that is zero because you can get those from Satan and he would waste your life in no time."

While rebuking pastors for merchandising the "anointing of God," the cleric recalled a story of the mother-in-law of one of his friends.

He said, "I remember the story of a friend, the mother-in-law was part of a church of a pastor (I won't mention name). The man was preaching a hot message that the Lord just said to him that if anyone would give one million naira to the church, in one month, he or she would get N10m back. He said if you don't get it, come back for your money.

"The woman took him (the pastor) seriously. She went and gathered all that she had and brought it to the pastor and said, 'Pastor, here is my one million. I believe in you and I believe in the prophecy.' But she was smart. She started counting the days from the moment she dropped the donation. By the end of the month when she did not get the 10 million the pastor prophesied, she visited the pastor to demand her money.

"She told the pastor, 'I am here, I have come back for my money. I am not joking. If you don't give me I will call the police.' O san o (The pastor paid it back).

"Because others would not come back like this woman, that is why they (pastors) get away with it (fake prophecies). The woman said 'thank you' and left the church. That would start taking place in the church; then they (pastors) would not promise what they cannot deliver."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/14/bakare-explains-why-pastors-get-away-fake-prophecies-nigerian-churches

I 100% agree with him, the gullible sheeple are the cause of all these fake MOGs littering the place.

However I must say that even Bakare has made his own popular prophecies that did not come true and thats why I don't take him serious as an MOG either.

10 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by micfoley: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
I just wish he would mention the name of the pastor
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by aguiyi2: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
We fail to realise that the spirit of God resides in all of us.It takes goodness to others and obedience to his(God) will to unleash favour and mercy.One has to work hard too.False prophecy thrives in the midst of poverty and lack.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Britishcoins(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
Abeg, if ur hand dey scratch you, it means money is coming abi?
Back to the topic, Super eagle supposed stop playing immediately the sensed that free kick......
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
Stupid sheeples,they will never challenge their 'daddy'

4 Likes

Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by Scott6313: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
Watch The Scary Moment Over Speeding Car Somersaulted In Abuja (Video)

Watch Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/watch-the-scary-moment-over-speeding-car-somersaulted-in-abuja-video/
Re: Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches by NLSavage: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
romeorailss:
So many fake prophecies ... you shouldn't answer those pastor's that come to your church to call for money to be dropped . They start from maybe 1 million come out , they anoint the 3 people then step down to 500k . They anoint the 7 people then step down to 200k they anoint the 15 people the come down n say . If u have 100k come out . They anoint those ones too around 25 people . Now they will say . God has told me that there are 50 people who should come out for this 50k . Now people will rush out . U will hear God said it's remaining 10 people . U see another 4,5,6 rushing out from different angles .

Then before he starts anointing I see another 6 whose mind have been playing pranks on them . Should I drop my son's school fees or not cheesy. The they all troop out for the blessings.

Las Las. Money must be made grin
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua Resigns From Announcing Football Prophecies / Winners Member: "Church Hand Band Delivered Me From Ritualists In Abuja" / Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2017 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.