Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico (23838 Views)

Chinese Authorities Seize Over 7,200 Human joysticks On A Cargo Ship From Nigeria / Sea Pirates Attack Market Boat In Bayelsa, Three Persons Shot. Graphic Photos / Police Seize 1,600 Pounds Of Cocaine Wey Drug Lords Code Inside Pineapples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Automotive1(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2019

Five bags stuffed with $3.7 million (or about ₦1.3 billion) in cash, along with a loaded pistol and 63 rounds of ammunition were found after border patrol agents in Puerto Rico chased a boat running without lights.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said on Monday that the boat was heading for the U.S. Virgin Islands, but veered back to Puerto Rico’s northeast coast when pursued on Sunday.

Director of air and marine operations for the Caribbean Air and Marine Branch said:

"We remain committed to working with other federal and local law enforcement partners to detect and deter smuggling attempts throughout the Caribbean"

No one has been arrested and the identity of those who were aboard the seized boat was unclear.

Last month, about 400 pounds (180 kilograms) of Meth, estimated to have street value of about $4.5 million (or about ₦1.6 billion), where discovered in spare tyres that came with 9 vehicles at 13 Ford dealerships in Canada .

The Canadian and U.S. authorities believe the drug shipment belongs to the Sinaloa drug cartel, which gained access to the cars after they left the assembly plant in Hermosillo, Mexico. 

https://autojosh.com/authorities-seize-n1-3-billion-cash-found-in-an-abandoned-boat-in-puerto-rico/

5 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Oka o
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Na dem
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by samtiyelov1(m): 4:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Na Wa o!
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by iomoge2(f): 4:43am On Jul 15, 2019
Money belongs to Sani Abacha

3 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by fawalej(m): 4:43am On Jul 15, 2019
Nice job

1 Like

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Uniqueteco(m): 4:50am On Jul 15, 2019
And me dey here dey suffer

6 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by peacengine(m): 4:55am On Jul 15, 2019
grin Greed, meanwhile people are suffering like mad there
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by chukwuibuipob: 4:56am On Jul 15, 2019
embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by jjabimbo: 5:08am On Jul 15, 2019
We sell laptop of all brands at affordable price.

Order for yours now
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:08am On Jul 15, 2019
As it is in Nigeria, so it is in Puerto Rico

1 Like

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Kharol1234: 5:18am On Jul 15, 2019
i wish 100m go just touch me out of dat moni
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by advocatebaba(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2019
Why must you value it Naira as if it happened in Nigeria, I guess u have a motive for doing so. A won blogger blogger.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by starbuck(f): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2019
Why this kind thing no dey come my way shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by advocatebaba(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2019
Uniqueteco:
And me dey here dey suffer
Form still on sell if you wanna become a drug pusher.
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by rodshafas87(m): 5:39am On Jul 15, 2019
Omo see Money.... shocked
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Maket: 5:46am On Jul 15, 2019
May be it was taken from Nigeria in naira then converted to dollars hence the blogger has to convert it back to naira by fire or by force.

18 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by mascot87(m): 5:50am On Jul 15, 2019
This is the kind of money i need in my life right now

1 Like

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 15, 2019
My lawd and my gawd why I no dey find this kine thing? Na only wahala I dey always find angry
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by SilasNwude: 5:57am On Jul 15, 2019
[s]
chukwuibuipob:
embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked
[/s]
trash
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Gosj01(m): 6:03am On Jul 15, 2019
Chai! See money!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.

Details on signature
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 15, 2019
- Abandoned boat - Article said boat running without light..
- Naira figure - Article said dollars..

7 Likes

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Kaybaba5(m): 6:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Too much money
Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by lexy2014: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2019
peacengine:
grin Greed, meanwhile people are suffering like mad there

Bros no b greed. Its d fruit of their labour. Didn't u read in d story that they were taking d money to d bank 4 deposit? In anyways, d guys that lost d money are dead men

1 Like

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by lacastre: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2019
Awon ti Pablo

1 Like

Re: Authorities Seize ₦1.3b Cash That Was Found In An Abandoned Boat In Puerto Rico by Nemesis909: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2019
Wike won't claim this one now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Shoots Colleague Dead In Osun / EFCC Arrests Man For Unauthorized ATM Cash Withdrawal In Benue (Photo) / Man Arrested For Selling Appointment Letters (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.