Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate (9763 Views)

Akeredolu Congratulates Tinubu, Praises Other Aspirants / Akeredolu Congratulates Soludo, Welcomes Him To Southern Governors' Forum / Akeredolu Congratulates Segun Olugboyegun Over Honorary Doctorate Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by joshuaakindele7(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2019
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has congratulated Prince Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye on his emergence as the Olowo-elect of Owo kingdom.

The governor’s message followed reports from one of the senior Omolowos (kingmakers), Jamiu Ekungba on the outcome of the selection process which, he said was peaceful, democratic and procedural in line with the customs and tradition guiding the selection of an Olowo.

The governor said even as the state government awaits a formal communication from the kingmakers as required by law, he was enamoured by the peaceful conduct that heralded the emergence of the Olowo-elect.

Akeredolu commended the peaceful manner the selection processes went since they began.

This, he said, posited an enviable narrative that has dwarfed the needless tension which enveloped the town since the commencement of the selection processes.

It is, therefore, apposite to submit that the ingenious democratic template enunciated by the kingmakers has produced the choice of Owo indigenes as demonstrated by the outcome of the selection.

Akeredolu, who hails from Owo, commended the indigenes of the town for their co-operation during the selection process.

While wishing Ogunoye God’s wisdom and grace as he prepares to ascend the throne of his fore bearers, Akeredolu appealed to the Olowo-elect to unite all sons and daughters of the town.

He enjoined Ogunoye to extend hands of fellowship to other contenders to the ancient throne before his emergence.

The governor expressed optimism that Owo people would take maximum advantage of the moment of fresh breath and savour the peaceful ambience that has berthed in the kingdom.

SOURCE: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/akeredolu-congratulates-olowo-designate/

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by CarGuideNG: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by AhlexOfficial(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by pyro62(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Nice beards

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by iCauseTrouble: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Long Live the King
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Make una no abuse this man o....he is very proactive ....na him second term he dey work out

Smart Egin

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by Pearlyakin(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2019
Long Live the King
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by erimmy(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2019
Congratulations to him.

Anyways check my signature and be financially free.

I can help you get your international passport with ease. Lagos applicants only.
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2019
Thank GOD the selection for another Olowo this time around was peaceful unlike what happened in the late 90s after the late Olowo was chosen, which led to riot and turbulence in Owo because the indigenes felt the deserving family was bypassed for his family to produce an Olowo as it wasn't his family's turn to produce one.

The selection of an Olowo is a rotational thing between 3 houses (families) I think. The late Olowo was from the Olateu-Olagbegi house, so it's the turn of the Ogunoyes I guess. When this chosen Olowo is gone, the next house will produce the next Olowo, and the rotation continues like that.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by yomalex(m): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by Myhusband(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2019
ferhyntorlah:
Thank GOD the selection for another Olowo this time around was peaceful unlike what happened in the late 90s after the late Olowo was chosen, which led to riot and turbulence in Owo because the indigenes felt the deserving family was bypassed for his family to produce an Olowo as it wasn't his family's turn to produce one.

The selection of an Olowo is a rotational thing between 3 houses (families) I think. The late Olowo was from the Olateu-Olagbegi house, so it's the turn of the Ogunoyes I guess. When this chosen Olowo is gone, the next house will produce the next Olowo, and the rotation continues like that.

why are you opening your yansh in public? why not save the tales by moonlight for your Kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by ayitasitis(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2019
Nice try! Your barrister wrote you 7days quit notice dated 14th July 2019 and on a Sunday?

peesleem:
Pleases nairalander, as much as I don't like doing this but I don't have any other option again, though there is no dignity in begging, so also is a close mouth leads to a close destiny...

Have been given seven days to evict the apartment am occupying, please sir/ma if you are in any capacity to help me, please do

FCMB

This is my contact if you want to contact me, 08106441348
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by peesleem(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2019
ayitasitis:

Nice try! Your barrister wrote you 7days quit notice dated 14th July 2019 and on a Sunday?

I think you know how Barr work, but this us the letter I got when I got home yesterday..
So do you want the date to be different from when the letter is served
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by BabaIbo: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2019
Congrats...

BTW
"The RUGA Govt Of Bu.hari was Looking Forward To Add AFCON Trophy As Their Achievement But The Blood Of The Innocent Souls Killed By Fu...lani Herdsmen Said NO WAY!

"Senate President Lawan And Co Should Stay In Egypt With Their Bad Luck. We Don't Need Them Back In Nigeria. Congratulations to The Boys They Tried Their Best But the Badluck of The APC"The RUGA Govt Of Buhari was Looking Forward To Add AFCON Trophy As Their Achievement But The Blood Of The Innocent Souls Killed By Fulani Herdsmen Said NO WAY!

"Senate President Lawan And Co Should Stay In Egypt With Their Bad Luck. We Don't Need Them Back In Nigeria. Congratulations to The Boys They Tried Their Best But the Badluck of The APC RUGA Government Followed Them To Egypt.

- Senator Dino Melaye RUGA Government Followed Them To Egypt.

- Senator Dino Melaye
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by shadrach77: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

I thought it was only the Olateru Olagbegi family that produce Olowo because the last three have been from that family. Correct me if I’m wrong
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by ayitasitis(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yea, the barrister's office was opened specifically on a SUNDAY in Ibadan to write and deliver the quit letter to you. Try harder. What about visiting your sick mother in the village and you need only N5k? or your project portal is about to shut down and you are yet to submit your final year project because of school fees? Just try harder and be ingenious

peesleem:

I think you know how Barr work, but this us the letter I got when I got home yesterday..
So do you want the date to be different from when the letter is served
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
Myhusband:

why are you opening your yansh in public? why not save the tales by moonlight for your Kids

Please learn how to use your medulla oblongata to construct educative sentences next time or better still don't say a thing when you have nothing constructive to say.
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by peesleem(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2019
ayitasitis:
Yea, the barrister's office was opened specifically on a SUNDAY in Ibadan to write and deliver the quit letter to you. Try harder. What about visiting your sick mother in the village and you need only N5k? or your project portal is about to shut down and you are yet to submit your final year project because of school fees? Just try harder and be ingenious

You sound daft, do you know that? Am not defending the date on the letter, but do you actually know the meaning of draft, I doubt if you have heard the word before. Neither do you know what schedule is.
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by OndoUpdates(f): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
I hope and pray the new king elected will work very well for the good people of Owo.
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by orisa37: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations from Agunloyes of Akure.
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by Crownhome(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
shadrach77:

I thought it was only the Olateru Olagbegi family that produce Olowo because the last three have been from that family. Correct me if I’m wrong
We have several royal families in Owo
Which are ogunoye, olagbegi, ajaka, and so on
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by Myhusband(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Please learn how to use your medulla oblongata to construct educative sentences next time or better still don't say a thing when you have nothing constructive to say.

ode
Re: Akeredolu Congratulates Olowo-designate by ayitasitis(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
To be honest, you can only hope and pray to be where I am and have been able to do for myself. Your choice of word gave you away and I won’t bother to trade insults with you

peesleem:

You sound daft, do you know that? Am not defending the date on the letter, but do you actually know the meaning of draft, I doubt if you have heard the word before. Neither do you know what schedule is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Persons In Kabo, Niger State / We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.