Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police (9754 Views)

Defence HQs releases photos, names of soldiers murdered in Okuama, Delta State / Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 / Ifeanyi Ejiofor: We’ve Not Seen Nnamdi Kanu In The Last 10 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by God1000(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21
The Delta State Police Command said its personnel have not been able to access the troubled Niger Delta community of Okuama because of an ongoing military operation.

The Delta State Commissioner of Police, Olufemi Abaniwonda stated this in an interview on Arise Television.

The commissioner said, “We have not been able to move into this community. Yes it is our responsibility as the primary line of defense in internal security. But when you have another sister agency conducting an operation, the reasonable thing to do is to wait for them to finish.

“We have not been able for now to get into Okuoma because of the volatile nature of what is presently ongoing around that environment.”

Abaniwonda further stated, “They are working hand in hand with other security agencies to make sure that those who murdered 16 soldiers are caught.

“In the Okuama incident, we have an ongoing military operation there. We have been on ground, we have been supportive. We have not been missing in action. Technology has been an integral part of present day policing. These individuals are being tracked.

“Effort is being made to ensure that the perpetrators of this heinous crime are brought to book. We are working in conjunction with other security agencies and I can assure you that we are making progress.”

Speaking on the current situation within the Okuama community, he said, “Most of the places are deserted. I would not like to say more than that. It’s an ongoing military operation. I think when these things are ongoing, it is better that things are not said that might aggravate or pass information to those who are looking for.”

However, the commissioner assured that the police are offering their full support toward ensuring the safety and protection of life and property in the state.

I can assure you that very very soon, we will be able to get in. For us to get to Okoloba and Okuoma, you would need to get clearance. So we are working on this so that we can also ensure the safety of our people who are in those environments.

But we are on the ground, we are in our divisions, we are in our outpost, we are in our various formations. We are rendering our services, which is what the mandate of the inspector general of police is. Protection of lives and property. We are doing this. Not just in this community but all over Delta state,” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/weve-not-been-able-to-access-okuama-due-to-ongoing-military-operation-delta-police/

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by helinues: 7:41pm On Mar 21
In your own domain..

What sort of Police are this?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by God1000(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21
Police cannot interfere in any military operation, but I pray it ends soon with the return of normalcy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by adekolaelect(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21
helinues:
In your own domain..

Village guy . Keep quiet on what you don't know. Police can not intervene in Army operation . They declared war with Nigeria Army by killing their men and police can not fight for Army . We have gallant soldiers that will fight their battle to the end.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by helinues: 8:11pm On Mar 21
adekolaelect:
Village guy . Keep quiet on what you don't know. Police can not intervene in Army operation . They declared war with Nigeria Army by killing their men and police can not fight for Army . We have gallant soldiers that will fight their battle to the end.

You are the real typical local guy. What happened was supposed to be police affairs not Army.

Make una stop being emotional about politics matter

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by kestolove95(m): 8:19pm On Mar 21
This people Don buy trouble

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by ehikwe22: 8:35pm On Mar 21
adekolaelect:
Declared war?

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by ambale(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21
adekolaelect:

So are you saying there were no police manning that community before?

We are so crude in this country and some of us like our archaic way of doing things

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Paraman: 9:10pm On Mar 21
will this kind of scenerio not be causing problem between state police and federal military and para military forces?

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by God1000(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21
Nlfpmod
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Linesman(m): 4:53am On Mar 22
Even you too.
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Pennywise2: 4:54am On Mar 22
Army will bury any evidence

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by pipnator00(m): 4:55am On Mar 22
The kind of abuse that community will be experiencing at the moment in the hands of those military men, they'd wish they died. Nigeria police and military only knows how to abuse the civilians. However this is not me supporting the killing of those military men. I am only asking that the military men presently at Okuama handle themselves professionally.

17 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by biographyinsigh: 4:57am On Mar 22
I think Nigerians really need to know their rights.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by triple996(m): 4:57am On Mar 22
grin grin grin grin people day collect 4 dat side woooo. Even police dey fear to enter

6 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Franzinni: 5:06am On Mar 22
Another timaya go rise from that community after Dem release Dem mama !

I been talking am say e fit sup! ... No how wey ant think say him head strong, e no fit take head break coconut.

Army go take PTSD of sambisa take ravage that land ... God take control 🙏

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by seunlayi(m): 5:10am On Mar 22
Lol, even Naija lazy journalists just depend on hearsay to write News about that area.

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by NaijaCover(m): 5:10am On Mar 22
Inukwa ooooo
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by seunlayi(m): 5:11am On Mar 22
Pennywise2:
Army will bury any evidence

That is what is been done. Until all is clear, no entrance

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Dmama1991: 5:11am On Mar 22
I don't know why yorubas supporting army to terminate this pple y ,y I don't get it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by sleek214(m): 5:13am On Mar 22
Shame
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Salewa97: 5:15am On Mar 22
Na wah o, so police cannot do their job because of military operation? This is not acceptable, we need better coordination between security agencies for the safety of our people.
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by cutedharmee: 5:18am On Mar 22
God bless the Nigerian Armed Forces...

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Deefirm: 5:20am On Mar 22
Are Yorubas people? Very useless ethnic group! I blame it all on Tompolo whom should have known better to control the situation.

Dmama1991:
I don't know why yorubas supporting army to terminate this pple y ,y I don't get it

5 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Babaibeji2020(m): 5:27am On Mar 22
helinues:
In your own domain..

What do you mean....?
Police should interfere in a bruised military's operation.....in Nigeria?
They will outrightly kill the Police personnel claiming they're the culprits they are looking for but dressed in Police fatigue.....calm down ooo, na naija u dey oooo,no be those things you dey watch for western movies, na craze men full ds side ehhhh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by beardedboy(m): 5:31am On Mar 22
pipnator00:
The kind of abuse that community will be experiencing at the moment in the hands of those military men, they'd wish they died. Nigeria police and military only knows how to abuse the civilians. However this is not me supporting the killing of those military men. I am only asking that the military men presently at Okuama handle themselves professionally.
Accusing someone is your definition of asking?
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Morbeta11(m): 5:39am On Mar 22
Paraman:
will this kind of scenerio not be causing problem between state police and federal military and para military forces?

Police are junior houseboy of Yahoo boys, while Nigeria Army are senior gatemen of Politicians.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by SisterAnn(f): 6:04am On Mar 22
Fish out the perpetrators, don't commit genocide.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Gadafii: 6:05am On Mar 22
This should have been the job of the police right from the onset, what was army doing in okuoma community “settling land dispute”😒😒
The entire police force has become useless, they are meant to fight boko haram, bandits, kidnappers and other internal security challenges, but They are are nowhere to be found, except to be mounting Ross blocks, shooting innocent civilians, invading peoples homes like armed robbers. Now ordinary small communal insecurities, army don chance them again🥲🥲

This whole story never too clear sha. The Nigerian army never really talk true Wetin dem dry find for that community, they claimed they went yo rescue someone, community said they came to arrest leaders after initially killing three members of the community, I don’t know who you would believe ooo but the Nigerian army is known to have lied several times. The records are there

6 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by bellosulaiman(m): 6:10am On Mar 22
Don’t they have as small as a Police post over there ?
Are these people for real?
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by deltaF0SS: 6:14am On Mar 22
🥱
Re: We’ve Not Been Able To Access Okuama Due To Ongoing Military Operation - Police by Bmaster(m): 6:16am On Mar 22
make them no start to dey rape those beautiful girls I been dey see for delta state oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister / Resettled Konduga Residents Hold First Eid Mubarak In 3 Years (picture) / Buhari Celebrates WAEC At 70, Says He Was A Founding Member Of The Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.