Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

To Lose Is To Gain - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Lose Is To Gain (234 Views)

14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike / How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Lose Is To Gain by RobsonJane: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2019
Opportunity Cost is a term in Economics which refers to the price paid or losses suffered in order to gain something.
In the quest for a better future, you must be prepared to make some sacrifices from time to time. Basically, life itself is about losing one thing to gain another.
Eventually, a lot of people are stuck in poverty, terrible relationships or unhealthy lifestyles because they are afraid of losing or letting go of whatever comfort they feel they possess.
To make progress in life, sacrifices are a must! It is the ultimate secret of success and life advancement. For those who desire success, there will come a time when it is required that you let go of your time, sleep, habit, relationship and even food!
Imagine what Abraham was willing to do just to be friends with God!
In Philippians 3:7 - Paul said "What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ". He understood that in order to live the life you desire, you must be ready to count your losses, because freedom itself is never free.
We all want to live a better life, but what would you count as loss for in order for you to advance in life? You really need to think about it, a life of pleasure without a price is a big lie. You must be willing to let go of something, starting from today, in order to achieve that dream. Reject laziness or temporary comfort and ask yourself, what must I drop from my life or what are the things I must start doing to turn my life around?
God is ever ready to help you, but you must use your freewill and play your part. Stop procrastinating. Remember, freedom is not free!

1 Like

Re: To Lose Is To Gain by RobsonJane: 2:23am On Jul 23, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Institute For PMP Exam Training In Bangalore? / Let's Brainstorm Of You Are Interested In Creating Skit / 'EDUCATION' Project Topcs And Materials For Final Year Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.