Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) (48314 Views)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / What Would You Do If Someone Did This In Your Car? (PHOTO) / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Francejaik(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
BankyGee:
First to Comment

It's the first Nigerian to drive a car that is the first Nigerian to drive a car nau undecided

Epic reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by BankyGee(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Francejaik:

Epic reply

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Burgerlomo: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2019
Bubu cool
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by zealadjay(m): 1:20am On Jul 16, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
There is no available record of the nationality of the first person to drive a car in Nigeria.

However, some sources offer an idea of who the first Nigerian to drive a car was.

According to some records, the first Nigerian to drive a car was a certain philanthropist known as Thomas Jones.

Thomas Jones – known famously as Tom Jones - was a wealthy Lagosian.

He is best known for donating the first public library to the government of Lagos, which was at the time known as the Lagos Colony.

The library opened in 1931, almost 20 years after Jones died.

The exact date that Tom Jones first drove the car is not recorded, though, it was believed to have occurred before 1913.

A popular street on Lagos Island, Lagos, was named after Tom Jones.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/who-is-the-first-nigerian-to-drive-a-car-photo/

Well, I don't want to tell u one naw nd later, my Oga at d top will change it..
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by uchechefaith(f): 1:52am On Jul 16, 2019
Jayslicky:
It's sir Herbert macauley.
herbert Macaulay is not a Nigeria I read its ojukwu
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by koolaid87: 4:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Revolva:
Tom Jones I know is a musician

Sir Tom Jones

1 Like

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Mcreloaded(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2019
I wonder who was the first Nigerian to ride a bicycle.
Autojosh please do the needful.
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Axiwaju(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2019
BankyGee:
First to Comment

It's the first Nigerian to drive a car that is the first Nigerian to drive a car nau undecided
lol you're a madman grin
BankyGee:
First to Comment

lol you're a madman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by ibez007(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Tom Jones?!

The name no even sounds Nigerian!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / Man Begs Profusely As A 2021 Gwagon Is Being Offloaded / The All New 2018 Audi A8 Is Here. It Comes With Foot Massaging Feature (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.