Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

w - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / w (1187 Views)

Apply Now For Job At Dizengoff W.A (nigeria) Limited – 2016 / W-Holistic Interview Invite / Vacancy At Hsalliance (multinational Corporation With W.h.o)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

w by floodlight(m): 9:47am On May 11, 2007
i
Re: w by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 11, 2007
I learnt it's illegal to conduct the HIV test without the patient's conscent so the Doctor whom the Bank has asked you yo meet will ask if he can take your blood samples for the test maybe just to have an insight into ur sexual lifestyle. If you say no, it'll inspire a further enquiry or suspicion so i'd rather say yes. Then they take ur blood sample and the most annoying thing is that, they wont give u ur results on time. So u start reminating over the possibility you could have contacted death itself. I call it the pre HIV test syndrome.
Re: w by Nobody: 11:12am On May 14, 2007
I think its wrong to refuse to employ someone based on his/her HIV status. pls lets come out of our shells and talk about this issue. We talk about showing love to people infected but there is no faster way to send someone to an early grave like discriminating against them because of status.HIV does not mean Aids, U all are aware that with drugs now a positive person can live a long, healthy and normal life. If the person is smart enough to pass the test and interview it shows that he can funtion in any position as long as blood will not exchanged. Abi are they scared that a postive person will infect their cash. Pls lets break the silence. banks are hypocrytes, they talk about coperate rersponsibilty, donate small money to HIV/AIDS programs yet they stigmatise people living with the virus. I have worked with an NGO and i can tell you nothing kills faster than stigma. Lets stop pretending, nobody is above the virus, if you are not infected u know someone close to u who is infected. Its not a war we will win by stigma and discrimination. Let this banks and other organisations act positively in this fight instead of saying one thing and doing another.

(1) (Reply)

Graduates Please Organize your Cv's Well / 50k On 1st Day / Mobil Has Called Me. Plz Help With Aptitude Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.