Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? (1229 Views)

Holy Moses Check Out The Afghan Women Soccer Team . / How World Leaders Snubbed Putin's Handshake (pics) / Afghanistan Women's Youth Soccer Team Escapes To Pakistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Why Was a Christian Player Snubbed From the U.S. Women's Soccer Team?
11:00AM EDT 7/15/2019 AFA

The U.S. women's soccer team has certainly made headlines as of late, both on and off the pitch—not only for winning the 2019 World Cup but for the political views of some of its players.

Because those views have been front and centre, the American Family Association (AFA, afa.net) and others are wondering if the liberal bent of team leaders had anything to do with one standout Christian player being cut from the team.

"Why was a Christian player cut from the U.S. women's soccer team?" said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "Most likely, it was intolerance toward her strong faith in Christ. Jaelene Hinkle is a 26-year-old star for the North Carolina Courage professional soccer team and has been called the top women's left defender in the nation. So why didn't she have a place on the U.S. women's national soccer team that just won the World Cup?"

According to The Washington Times, Hinkle turned down a call-up from the national team in 2017 for a pair of international games after learning that the players would be required to wear rainbow-themed jerseys in honour of Gay Pride Month. She later said the uniform conflicted with her Christian faith.

"I just felt so convicted in my spirit that it wasn't my job to wear this jersey," Hinkle told The 700 Club in a May 2018 interview. "I gave myself three days to just seek and pray and determine what [God] was asking me to do in this situation."

Hinkle's testimony has prompted AFA to initiate a petition of support for those who desire to honour Hinkle's stand for her faith.

Hinkle's decisions appeared to have left her blacklisted from ever playing on a national team. Her outspoken faith was first picked up on the LGBT's anti-Christian radar soon after the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges legalizing gay marriage.

"This world may change, but Christ and His Word NEVER will," Hinkle posted on Instagram after the ruling. "My heart is that as Christians we don't begin to throw a tantrum over what has been brought into law today, but we become that much more loving."

While Hinkle was sharing the truth of God's love, LGBT activists were becoming ruthless in their hate-filled attacks. For example, an SBNation sportswriter called her a "vocal homophobe" while acknowledging that "there isn't a better pure tactical fit available than Hinkle." A BuzzFeed reporter also tweeted, "Let's take a second to think about how Jaelene Hinkle might have missed out on winning a World Cup bc she is homophobic."

"It was very disappointing," Hinkle said about missing out on national team opportunities by staying faithful to her beliefs. "And I think that's where the peace trumps the disappointment because I knew in my spirit I was doing the right thing. I knew I was being obedient. Just because you're obedient doesn't make it easy."

https://www.charismanews.com/us/77181-why-was-a-christian-player-snubbed-from-the-u-s-women-s-soccer-team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
God or football and she chose God.

Or does she want to have her cake and eat it?

1 Like

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by Nukilia: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2019
Religion is the opium of the masses embarassed
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
budaatum:

God or football and she chose God.

Or does she want to have her cake and eat it?

Are you saying God and football are mutually exclusive? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
friendship with God is enmity with the World, vice versa..

Thank God u defended your faith, our other brothers have been doing so since time immemorial. So your own case will not be different and certainly not be the last..cheers

3 Likes

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying God and football are mutually exclusive? undecided
Nope. I'd saying not loving others, sinners or not, and God, are mutually exclusive. Putting on a gay jersey does after all not make one sin as much as what one eats doesn't.

Point is, she died for Christ and should be glad she's going to heaven while those who put on the gay jersey would supposedly be going to hell, so why isn't she rejoicing?

1 Like

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
SETHWORLD:
Really? You must mean a different God, and not the God who so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son to die for it.

Besides, didn't someone say "love your enemies", in this case, the world? Imagine if she'd been in the US world Cup winning squad and shouted " Praise God" afterwards, instead of this sacrifice of a platform to proclaim Jesus as Lord.

A pity, is what I say.

1 Like

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by EbukaHades10(m): 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
So na by force to support gays?

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2019
budaatum:

Nope. I'd saying not loving others, sinners or not, and God, are mutually exclusive. Putting on a gay jersey does after all not make one sin as much as what one eats doesn't.

Point is, she died for Christ and should be glad she's going to heaven while those who put on the gay jersey would supposedly be going to hell, so why isn't she rejoicing?

You are missing the point. Putting on the gay jersey in solidarity with the gay community is friendship with the world. Try and understand the Christian's position when it comes to gay matters.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You are missing the point. Putting on the gay jersey in solidarity with the gay community is friendship with the world. Try and understand the Christian's position when it comes to gay matters.
"Some Christians" position when it comes to gay matters Deg.

Not all Christians have this position you mention and do chose to stand in solidarity with the gay community. Some Christians are even gay!

1 Share

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
SETHWORLD:

Thank God u defended your faith, our other brothers have been doing so since time immemorial. So your own case will not be different and certainly not be the last..cheers

This is a good example of worldliness. We can see how hate-filled the world can be when you do not subscribe to their ideologies. The Scriptures says whoever will be a friend of the world cannot be a friend of God.

"You adulterers and adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4).
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nukilia:

Religion is the opium of the masses embarassed

The difference between religion and Christianity is clear. cool

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
EbukaHades10:

So na by force to support gays?

That is what they do. When liberals such as Obama get into power they use their influence and position to force Christians into going against their will to support the gay movement.

1 Like

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
budaatum:

"Some Christians" position when it comes to gay matters Deg.

Not all Christians have this position you mention and do chose to stand in solidarity with the gay community. Some Christians are even gay!

Here is the Christian's stand on homosexuality. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10am On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

Are you gay? undecided
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 3:25am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

What is the Christian stand on love deg, and on stoning others?
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by wirinet(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

And here is a Muslim's stance on infidels.

And let me also add jewish stance on adultery.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by CTPlayer: 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Gay pride jerseys are not appropriate for a National futbol team.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

What is the Christian stand on love deg, and on stoning others?

The Christian's stand is for you to repent and trust in Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. smiley
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Christian's stand is for you to repent and trust in Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. smiley
I think you want to derive benefit here deg. Brownee points for making one ignorant like you.

Did Jesus inform you he was not my Lord and personal saviour?
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

I think you want to derive benefit here deg. Brownee points for making one ignorant like you.

Did Jesus inform you he was not my Lord and personal saviour?

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you" (John 15:18).

You will not be hating on me if Jesus was truly your Lord and Saviour. You hate me because you are of the world.

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you" (John 15:18).

You will not be hating on me if Jesus was truly your Lord and Saviour. You hate me because you are of the world.
I don't hate you deg. I just can't stand your complete disregard and recognition of your own sin of hatred and your desire to be in other people's bedroom.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

I don't hate you deg. I just can't stand your complete disregard and recognition of your own sin of hatred and your desire to be in other people's bedroom.

Some else also said: “If I were God, I'd hate to have you people speaking on my behalf.”

We do our best, but we are fully aware that “God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe” (see 1 Corinthians 1:21).

He chose the weak vessels of human beings to take the message of everlasting life to weak and dying human beings.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 January 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Same way the devil makes some convert to Christ I guess. The lesson here is to not become weak and dead like you.

OLAADEGBU:

Some else also said: “If I were God, I'd hate to have you people speaking on my behalf.”

We do our best, but we are fully aware that “God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe” (see 1 Corinthians 1:21).

He chose the weak vessels of human beings to take the message of everlasting life to weak and dying human beings.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 January 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

Same way the devil makes some convert to Christ I guess. The lesson here is to not become weak and dead like you.

"For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:5).
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:5).

A truer word has never been written. Thankfully we can tell where you stand with your fruits of hatred and your constant condemnation of others.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

A truer word has never been written. Thankfully we can tell where you stand with your fruits of hatred and your constant condemnation of others.

"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe" 1 Corinthians 1:21).

To the wisdom of the ungodly "foolish preaching" is preaching the crucifixion of the world's Creator by His creation.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by budaatum: 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
There's a reason it is written, "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth". Proverbs 4:6-7

The "my" there is not "degs mouth" to whom foolishness is godly.

OLAADEGBU:

"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe" 1 Corinthians 1:21).

To the wisdom of the ungodly "foolish preaching" is preaching the crucifixion of the world's Creator by His creation.
Re: Why Was A Christian Player Snubbed From The US Women's Soccer Team? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
CTPlayer:

Gay pride jerseys are not appropriate for a National futbol team.

Don't be surprised that "Gay Pride" jerseys will be made compulsory for all football teams as the world is gearing towards a One World Government as you can see their foot soldiers making a case for it on this thread . cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Trump National Security Official Resigns In Disgust / Breaking: Boris Johnson Visits Ukraine / CIA Asks Russians To Contact Them On Dark Net Over Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.