Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,423,399 members, 5,437,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 02:20 PM

We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan (10858 Views)

Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP / Nigeria Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Its Citizens - Ahmad Lawan / We Will Not Condone Cattle Rustling In Kogi – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by dailynaijamode: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2019
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has condemned the continuous killings of Nigerians in South Africa, warning that the government will no longer tolerate further attacks on its citizens.
He expressed concern that no fewer than 118 Nigerians have so far been killed in xenophobic attacks over the years, of which the South African Police perpetrated 13.

Lawan made the assertions when he hosted the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Bobby Moroe yesterday in Abuja.

Moroe and his delegation visited the Senate leadership on his government’s investigations to unravel the causes of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and steps being taken to stop it.

The Senate President disclosed that the meeting became pertinent considering the incessant attacks on Nigerians residing in South Africa, adding: “We in the Parliament must speak up to prevent any further killings.

“The killings must stop. This is the era of social media where the corpse of a victim may spark violence that may go beyond the government’s control.”

Lawan restated that the South African government should do whatever it takes to protect the lives and property of Nigerians living in that country, just as the Nigerian government would remain committed to the safety of South Africans residing in Nigeria and their investments.

“I believe we have faced enough, we will no longer take it anymore. We want to write the names of Nigerians killed, and the South African parliament must act fast to put a stop to this menace.

“Over the years, 118 Nigerians have been killed, while 13 of them were killed by South African Police”.

He recalled Nigeria’s enormous contributions to South Africa during the Apartheid rule, adding: “We must establish events that led to the killings, including Mrs. Elizabeth Chukwu, who was killed recently in her hotel room.”

Nigeria, he insisted, would no longer condone such killings, urging the South African government to, as a matter of responsibility, protect Nigerians residing there.

Responding, Moroe who lamented the killings of Nigerians, extended his country’s condolences to families of the victims, saying an inquest had been instituted to investigate all cases of xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

The inquest, he said, would reveal the cause of the menace and find solutions across the board, saying the commitment of the South African government and its law enforcement agencies were committed to unraveling the root of the matter and prosecute perpetrators of the attacks.

Meanwhile, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has announced plans to embark on massive picketing and protest against all South African businesses in Nigeria.

It has also asked all South African business interests in Nigeria to relocate their businesses to their country.

NANS President Comrade Danielson Akpan, who disclosed this yesterday in Abuja after its emergency executive meeting, said the only way to stop further killings of Nigerians in that country was to picket its business entities in Nigeria.

https://dailynaijamode.com/we-will-no-longer-condone-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians-says-lawan/

4 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by lonelydora: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Dog wey dey bark no dey bite. Nonsense politicians.

Meanwhile, this is the second FTC today. But I don't celebrate such. We are bigger than that

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by brushesz: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Ok
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Mshelia01: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Good
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by princeade86(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
how will u do it

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by mytime24(f): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Ok, we here
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by AccessME(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2019
All of una Nigeria politicians are all talkers and no do

South Africans have launch numerous xenophobic attacks on Nigeria killing many in other cases only live u guys warning, warning and warning all this while without a lasting action and stop to it. Yet, DSTV, MTN, Shoprite still operate milking Nigeria's exorbitantly

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Racoon(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2019
Of course Nigeria has not only been tolerating Xenophobic attacks but it has been carrying out genocide on it own citizens.Senseless, useless and clueless leaders. angry

From BH, killer fulanis, militias, "unknown gunmen, Nigeria have long became a slaughter theatre where lives have no value.Here, the sanctity of human life is long lost.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Cyberleets: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2019
.
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by oluwaVaz(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2019
Ok
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2019
Okay
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by zoedew: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2019
Not good that the foreign affairs minister did not summon the sa ambassador to explain the death and thereafter issue a strongly worded statement on the matter. The matter was left to abike erewa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Ebukawaylaid(m): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2019
F
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by SODbaba2(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2019
Okay. We af air
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by YesNo(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2019
Lawan shurrrrrt urrrrrrrp

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by adedayoa2(f): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2019
princeade86:
how will u do it
we will start our own attack too
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Melison(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2019
If they want war we give them hot hot!
Enough is Enough mehn
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Melison(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Asin kicking mtn and DStv back to SA go sure pass as warning signal

3 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Olujoe1(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Yyt
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by EVILFOREST: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
adedayoa2:
we will start our own attack too
ATTACK ur POLITICIANS FIRST
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by LANDLORD72: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2019
dailynaijamode:
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has condemned the continuous killings of Nigerians in South Africa, warning that the government will no longer tolerate further attacks on its citizens.
He expressed concern that no fewer than 118 Nigerians have so far been killed in xenophobic attacks over the years, of which the South African Police perpetrated 13.

Lawan made the assertions when he hosted the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Bobby Moroe yesterday in Abuja.

Moroe and his delegation visited the Senate leadership on his government’s investigations to unravel the causes of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and steps being taken to stop it.

The Senate President disclosed that the meeting became pertinent considering the incessant attacks on Nigerians residing in South Africa, adding: “We in the Parliament must speak up to prevent any further killings.

“The killings must stop. This is the era of social media where the corpse of a victim may spark violence that may go beyond the government’s control.”

Lawan restated that the South African government should do whatever it takes to protect the lives and property of Nigerians living in that country, just as the Nigerian government would remain committed to the safety of South Africans residing in Nigeria and their investments.

“I believe we have faced enough, we will no longer take it anymore. We want to write the names of Nigerians killed, and the South African parliament must act fast to put a stop to this menace.

“Over the years, 118 Nigerians have been killed, while 13 of them were killed by South African Police”.

He recalled Nigeria’s enormous contributions to South Africa during the Apartheid rule, adding: “We must establish events that led to the killings, including Mrs. Elizabeth Chukwu, who was killed recently in her hotel room.”

Nigeria, he insisted, would no longer condone such killings, urging the South African government to, as a matter of responsibility, protect Nigerians residing there.

Responding, Moroe who lamented the killings of Nigerians, extended his country’s condolences to families of the victims, saying an inquest had been instituted to investigate all cases of xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

The inquest, he said, would reveal the cause of the menace and find solutions across the board, saying the commitment of the South African government and its law enforcement agencies were committed to unraveling the root of the matter and prosecute perpetrators of the attacks.

Meanwhile, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has announced plans to embark on massive picketing and protest against all South African businesses in Nigeria.

It has also asked all South African business interests in Nigeria to relocate their businesses to their country.

NANS President Comrade Danielson Akpan, who disclosed this yesterday in Abuja after its emergency executive meeting, said the only way to stop further killings of Nigerians in that country was to picket its business entities in Nigeria.

https://dailynaijamode.com/we-will-no-longer-condone-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians-says-lawan/
Many Nigerians also killing themselves daily especially the igbo tribe.Not left out is cult war that take more souls in South Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by solsticey2k3(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2019
Wow, you guys are just right on time undecided

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by SoNature(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2019
Idiots!

If Nigerian politicians did the right time, would Nigerians be rushing to leave this country?

Go to America embassy in Abuja and you will be shocked!

4 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by adedayoa2(f): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2019
EVILFOREST:

ATTACK ur POLITICIANS FIRST
SA didnt start with their politicians, moreover all the attacks on NL is OK, we want to act now.
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Lanretoye(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2019
the attack us both home and away...some don't even know that DSTV,MTN services and charges are attacks on Nigerians.
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by Rosarie(f): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Yinmu.
Re: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians, Says Lawan by clemzo101(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Ediot!!!! See who is talking. I can't take an ordinary rubber stamp serious jare!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Celebrate 58th Birthday At Election Tribunal / Governor Bala Mohammed Slams Oshiomhole, Over Assembly Crisis / Empty Treasury: Obaseki Asks PDP To Prove Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.