Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box (2471 Views)

Turn Your Offset Dish To Elliptical To Receive More Sats. / How Legal Are These Decoders That Use Sim Card To Receive Free Channels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Lov4sat(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hello gurus

I want to carry out a research on my 4669x box with yagi antenna but I am not too sure of the channels to receive though my brother in Delta state use this type of installation and he receives some channels like NatGeo wild, Fox series and some other channels I can't remember now.

My question here is, it is possible to use kind of installation in port harcourt?
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by twinskenny(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
why cant u ask your brother, he will be the one in a better position to help you
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by freshp(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
twinskenny:

why cant u ask your brother, he will be the one in a better position to help you
simple and pls when you do let us know your findings.
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Malix: 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2010
Uhhu!,yagi nd strong?
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by freshp(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
Malix:

Uhhu!,yagi nd strong?

Abi,
you know say if person say him soup sweet tell am say na sugar full am grin grin grin
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by 2legit2qt(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
true talk freshp grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
una wicked oh grin grin grin grin grin

put the fella outta his misery na! tongue tongue

hmmn mr poster, what does yagi antenna have to do with a [b]digital satellite [/b]receiver box?
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Lov4sat(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2010
Thank you all for your contribution.

My brother confirm to me that a service provider known as worldwide runs the broadcast out in warri and its like a terrestrial coverage and might not be receivable in Port Harcourt as the case may be
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2010
4llerbuntu:

una wicked oh grin grin grin grin grin

put the fella outta his misery na! tongue tongue

hmmn mr poster, what does yagi antenna have to do with a [b]digital satellite [/b]receiver box?
A lot. Disc comm in Lagos sells Yagi and digital box in which their signals are being received
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by spaceman(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2010
Lov4sat:

Hello gurus

I want to carry out a research on my 4669x box with yagi antenna but I am not too sure of the channels to receive though my brother in Delta state use this type of installation and he receives some channels like NatGeo wild, Fox series and some other channels I can't remember now.

My question here is, it is possible to use kind of installation in port harcourt?
Bros Iam not sure you are talking of strong digital satellite receiver. I know of strong digital terrestrial receiver, I came across many of them last year at DK when I was looking for 4900/4910 to buy. Ask him what make of strong he using to get these channels.
I very much want to believe somebody in your brothers area could be using digital video sender connected to probably a dstv decoder which your brother's yaggi was opportuned to pick up.
This I say because I was once involved in a survey to connect video signal from one point to another wirelessly in a premises. This signal was only to be receivable by the receiver meant for it. This could be a similar thing your bros decoder was picking.
Just an opinion expresed.
Anyway, let us know the outcome of your research.
Enjoy
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Lov4sat(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2010
@spaceman

My brother uses SRT 4653X with a yagi attenna
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2010
well the point is: Yagi antenna is used to pick digital TERRESTRIAL signals along with a digital terrestrial receiver such as the one startimes and disc eng are selling

so is this SRT 4653X a digital TERRESTRIAL receiver or a digital SATTELITE receiver.

cuz if ur saying u use a yagi antenna with a satellite receiver, then bros the soup get sugar inside!!

NB is Disc Eng still functional?
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by linksman(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ ALL,
Yagi antenna is used for receiving both analogue and digital:
1. Terrestrial and
2. Cable signals.
some broadcasters do transmit their signals via digital terrestrial platforms (an example is star times) and as such you would require a digital terrestrial receiver denoted by DVB-T in order to receive the broadcast.

others use digital cable platform (an example is disc engineering in Lagos) to broadcast their signals. one needs a digital cable receiver denoted by DVB-C in order to pick these signals.

I know for a fact that it you need a dish to pick digital satellite signals. and the receivers for this type of transmission are always denoted by DVB-S.
I have not seen where a DVB-S receiver is being used to pick terrestrial or cable signals. I stand to be corrected.
what we have mostly in the eastern and northern parts of Nigeria are analogue terrestrial broadcasters.
cheers all
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by Malix: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hi linksman,i ve nt heard frm u 4 long. Pls i ll lik us 2 meat nd discuss. Tanx
Re: What Channels Can One Receive With A Yagi Antena And A Strong Box by linksman(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
@Malix,
you can holla at me on 080 988 764 54
cheers

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help My Gotv Is Taking Much Time To Load Than B4 / Introducing STAR TV (upgraded Startimes & Alternative To DSTV) / DSTV Collective Decoder For Rent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.