Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick (22684 Views)

Thomas Tuchel Becomes New FC Bayern Head Coach / David Nwolokor Begs Gernot Rohr To Give Him A Chance / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Elchicolo: 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) might not bow to pressure by a section of Nigerians who want Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr sacked after failng to win the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

NFF president Melvin Amaju Pinnick in tweet with respected Nigerian journalist Osasu Obayiuwana said the Federation had no plan to relieve Rohr of his duties despite the Super Eagles crashing out in the semifinal stage of the AFCON.

Pinnick said Rohr has met the target set for him by the Federation, despite some rocky and difficult moments they’ve had together, adding that the Franco-German is a good coach by all standards.

“Gernot Rohr will not be sacked as Super Eagles coach. He will remain in the job. I have confidence in him,” the NFF president said to @osasuo on Monday night. “Gernot Rohr has taken us to the semifinal, the target we set for him,” Pinnick added.

“There are some people that have been calling on me and the federation to sack Gernot. But I am not going to do that. In fact, Gernot is going on refresher training period with FC Bayern after the AFCON 2019. We have a long-term plan with him.

“We have had rocky and difficult moments in our relationship, but this is normal in any relationship between two people. He’s a good coach and we want him to remain with us. That said, we will work together on what needs to be improved upon,” the NFF president said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nff-retains-rohr-to-be-sent-on-refresher-course/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Elchicolo: 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
One word..

INSANITY

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by thinkaxis(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Why did the same NFF sack Stephen Keshi after winning the AFCON?

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by emeijeh(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Trust Pinnick.....more ways to loot funds

Refresher course ko, refreshment comes ni cheesy

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by ogtavia(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
Also send him on refresher and familiarisation course with the Nigerian Football League. We need home-based players in the team too.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by XINOIX: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
I believe the coach did his best and deserves another term the game against Algeria I believe we were a little bit unlucky which to me is also part of the game

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Rickjordan(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
i believe this coach have somethimg positive to give to the team,the first job he should do is to find the best keeper and defence

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Performanking(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Interesting......
This is a bit of a surprise because I was so sure he was getting fired. Instead he will be sent back to school to improve and continue to grow and get better... Wow...

Is this Nigeria?

Planning long term, instead of short term?

I'm ok with it.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by robosky02(m): 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
You said wHat

Sack the old man
Use the money to send young nigerian coaches on refresher course

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by hotswagg12: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
The NFF is right on track. First the coach was able to meet his target which is the semi final and there is a room for improvement in this team and nothing like having a long term plan which is good for our football.

18 Likes

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
Why can't they send Nigerian coaches on such course?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by ainas247: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
cool
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by PopeFlatino(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kai as a Barca fan cry

Valverde failed to go

Rorh still failed to go

A. Dead embarassed

3 Likes

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Sirpaul(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
NFF is practically corrupt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Who else believes this corrupt Pinnick is killing our football

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by BankyGee(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nice one, NFF.
Rhor's a good coach... He just needs to improve.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by bisoye11(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nice idea.

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Torreoliver: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Simple Logic.
Foreign Coach.
Collect Pay in Dollars.
More avenue to embezzle funds.

I hope the news ain't true. Truth is our indigenous coaches always perform better but those greedy turtlenecks at the glasshouse prefer siphoning dollar chunks at the expense of The team's success.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Sirpaul(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Dead on Arrival.... waste

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by uselesscountry: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Waste of money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Sirpaul:
NFF is practically corrupt

This failed system pays them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by lordpherow98(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
thinkaxis:
Why did the same NFF sack Stephen Keshi after winning the AFCON?

Was Stephen keshi sacked?
Thought he died while still on the job

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
He should find better striker and keeper and that defense xcant handle pressure

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by keneharry: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Performanking:
Interesting......
This is a bit of a surprise because I was so sure he was getting fired. Instead he will be sent back to school to improve and continue to grow and get better... Wow...

Is this Nigeria?

I'm ok with it.

Really very interesting bro cry
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Praktikals(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
angry
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
bisoye11:
Nice idea.

Keep repackaging failure to expect good results..

Waste of time..

You must be a buharist
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by martowskin1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
Performanking:
Interesting......

Is this Nigeria?

I'm ok with it.

we are gradually growing

2 Likes

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Lamasta(m): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
They should retain Him his a good coach he should just work on his scouting cos many good players are yet to be discovered and are way better than this crop of current eagles.

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by omocalabar(m): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thunder fire udia

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mourinho Leaves Mikel, Moses Out Of Chelsea Tour List / Messi's 7th Golden Boot, Cr7's 6th UCL & Records That Can Be Broken This Season / Gary Lineker Said C Ronaldo Refused To Talk To Him Cos He Says Messi Is The GOAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.