Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick (22892 Views)

Thomas Tuchel Becomes New FC Bayern Head Coach / David Nwolokor Begs Gernot Rohr To Give Him A Chance / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by thuga5: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
Aystarz:

Something he couldn't achieve in over 3 years of working with the team.
he discovered carl ikeme a good replacement for enyema before carl got cancer and retired.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by mechanics(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Honestly the players didn't play well at all with the Algerian team.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by DeRay98(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
The problem with most comments here is the writers are kindergarten in Nigeria football history and development.
Most were born or little kids at the height of Super Eagles glory in the 90s.
They have no idea how long it took Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo to build the most successful Nigerian teams in history.
If Westerhof had been sacked for losing AFCON to Algeria in Algiers "90 a year after he took over, If he had been sacked after semi-final elimination by Ghana and winning bronze in 92 as many frustrated and myopic people were demanding we probably would never seen the final refined product of his 5yrs build up that eventually emerge as AFCON "94 Champions, first World Cup and appearance with scintillating football football that dazzled the world in U.S.A. "94.
That same foundation that took the team to Atlanta "96 Olympic glory.
If the NFA of that era had listened to all these "Sack him" shout from every ignorant football fans and even journalists we would never have so those events that have become a reference point today and well cherished memory.
These shouts for the sack of Rohr are those traits we see in our political leaders in last 50yrs that have wrecked Nigeria.
They're evidence of lack of knowledge, insight, foresight, purpose and planning.
If they can't have what they desire now, heads must roll because their that's wisdom to them.
I washed how Westerhof built that great team from a failed world cup final match lose to Cameroun in Younde in his first match in charge after Samuel Okwaraji died and our team was demoralised.
From one match to another, from one competition to another he kept trying newly discovered players, different patterns and formations with new players and old players.
Journalists were criticising and lambasting him for what they saw as "no consistent team" and experimenting.
He kept adding and dropping players with new and better fitting players and formations he wanted gradually emerged.
Nigerians have no idea that processes and time are key ingredients in building success and legacies.
ALL YOU NOISE MAKERS, SHUT UP!
Wetin una do when SE no qualify for 2 consecutive AFCONs? angry

2 Likes

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by chuks1love(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz24MyXgfYz/?igshid=jqxftsbf8e2e

please help me like this video ,it's a competition I must win. begging you guy in the name of God
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by DeRay98(m): 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
otokx:
They want to send an old who has little emotional connection with the team for a refresher course in his native country. Truly corruption is a landlord in Nigeria, in that case we shall not be winning any cup in a long time to come. The failings of the U20 should be an eye opener

Who coached our U20 team? Was it Rohr?
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by DeRay98(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Pacesetter123:
On dis one,he is not.Hiring n sacking of coaches at any slightest provocation is always a myopic decision to take.Dats why at times am not always happy with de club I supported ( Chelsea FC).Conte come,1st yr he won de league.2nd yr,he won de FA cup n 3rd yr,he was fired.In my opinion,dat decision was so irrational.Back to Rorh issue,b4 his arrival, Nigeria struggle to qualify for two successive African cup of nation but to no avail.But upon his arrival,we qualified for world cup with a game to spare.No usual mathematical calculations dat always characterized our qualifiers.De same thing happened during nation's cup.We even played up to semi finals.Why calling for his head immediately? Let's give him time to see wot he can bring to de table or otherwise before taking any further decision on his issue.So I support Pinnick on dis wholeheartedly.

Don't mind these frustrated ignorant people.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by nomenclature(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
I didn't call you names remember so respect yourself and i didn't mention any name ,abi are you oboabona?kpele
OGHENAOGIE:
you should be hanged for denigrating keshi memory... keshi won afcon took Nigeria to second round world cup that this overrated white dude couldn't do...and you are talking thrash of bribe here...so amodu keshi siasia,christain chukwu were collecting bribe to invite national team players...maybe the Senegalese and Algerian coaches who will play the Final on Friday collected bribe since they are indigenous coaches...you folks vomit rubbish that comes to ur skull... so ezenwa is better than other keepers in Nigerian league... 2013 the likes of oboabona of sunshine played in semi finals of caf champions league and you think he didn't deserve to be in eagles...
keshi after world cup second round was Neva given a salary raise from the 5 million he was earning then...last last they embarrass him out of super eagles...
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Mydazz(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
He should have said " The Federation will not do that", not "I will not do that",....... Nigerianso with silly boss mentality
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
So far. He is still a good coach. People calling for is sack are just being inconsiderate

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Duggedised12(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
So we now use our money to train expertraits? undecided i, mean isn't that why they went for a pale skinned coach and pay him in dollars ?

If it were likes of Amunike,Sunday oliseh and co ,i am sure there will be no debate about it as they will be sacked.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by jimcaddy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
At how old please? Rohr is 67 or how old.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Kingosytex(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
BankyGee:
Nice one, NFF.
Rhor's a good coach... He just needs to improve.

He is a good coach yet he is not coaching any top team in the world. Rohr can't coach the 50th division in germany. NFF is just wasting billions on that opportunist
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by okenzo22: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
A coach is given a long term plan based on his capacity to deliver.If we look critically at how super eagles performed,you will clearly see the talents present but getting them to play as a team is a big problem. What is our style of play? for a team that has been to the semi final 15th times dont you think a semi final target for genort rohr is mediocrity? The super eagles coach cannot be compared to westerhof 5yrs because this team is not growing. From selection of players to changes made during afcon we can clearly see genort rohr is learning on the job. Look at south africa,Algeria,cameroun and madagascar already catching up with a very young ,talented squad. Keshi had better result than genort rohr but was fired. I think we can move forward by employing another coach. Genort rohr has played his role in super eagles but its time to move forward. Super eagles performance in afcon showed we had huge technical lapses. NFF's agreement to take rohr for refresher course means the lapses are obvious for them to see. which is easier for us, hire a competent hand or ensure genort rohr is educated in modern football? we have michael emenalo, seyi olafinja and many other nigerians abroad vast in modern football and doing very well. Dont stick to mediocrity and expect excellence.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by mexzony: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
Algeria coach is just a year in the Job and look at how they are playing with a solid definite pattern and we are here keeping rohr who should have gone during the argentina game ha Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by obi58: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
XINOIX:
I believe the coach did his best and deserves another term the game against Algeria I believe we were a little bit unlucky which to me is also part of the game

STFU!!!! EVEN A BLIND MAN COULD SEE AKPEYI WAS A LIABILITY YET HE KEPT PLAYING HIM!!!!

DITTO WITH OUR INABILITY TO PASS I.E. BALL RETENTION AND TRANSITION

WHERE WAS HIS INPUT AS A COACH TO ADDRESS THESE PROBLEMS
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by kenzysmith: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
lexy2014:

I guess that's y d team couldn't score more than one goal against Algeria
them no déy loose apart from ndidi and iwobi which player dey 4 our team the coach tried me i want local coach but i support amaju we will take qatar by storm at 2022
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by lexy2014: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
kenzysmith:
them no déy loose apart from ndidi and iwobi which player dey 4 our team the coach tried me i want local coach but i support amaju we will take qatar by storm at 2022

Take genart rohr to man city or Liverpool, it will still b d same thing
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Franchise21(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fully in support
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
lexy2014:

I guess that's y d team couldn't score more than one goal against Algeria

You mean i free penalty gift from the refree grin .
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by lexy2014: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
Algerian1:

You mean i free penalty gift from the refree grin .

U are even an "Algerian". Can u imagine
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Chukalemon(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lol.gernot rohr is a good coach and deserve a second tenure.i believe in his capabilities.one thing that interest me about him is that he tends to give youth players a chance.that is one thing that makes him special
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by eyoama(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
Good development,kudos to Pinnick..at last we have a focused NFF.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by wiseworld: 2:31am On Jul 17, 2019
Torreoliver:
Simple Logic.
Foreign Coach.
Collect Pay in Dollars.
More avenue to embezzle funds.

I hope the news ain't true. Truth is our indigenous coaches always perform better but those greedy turtlenecks at the glasshouse prefer siphoning dollar chunks at the expense of The team's success.
True talk
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by PopeFlatino(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2019
grin guy am pained
meme98:

I'm on dis boat too.... Bros I weak
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by alibiguy: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
Does Rohr's contract with the NFF including training and development?
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Aystarz: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
thuga5:
he discovered carl ikeme a good replacement for enyema before carl got cancer and retired.

And then what happened afterwards? Good Carl had been off national duty for over a year and this sucka of a manager still couldn't find a capable replacement.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by alibiguy: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
If the NFF is planning to give Rohr more exposure, on what basis was he hired then? I perceive something is wrong with our football. This is the first time I'm learning of this happening anywhere in the world. Big ups NFF, pioneers to the left. undecided
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by alibiguy: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
DeRay98:
The problem with most comments here is the writers are kindergarten in Nigeria football history and development.
Most were born or little kids at the height of Super Eagles glory in the 90s.
They have no idea how long it took Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo to build the most successful Nigerian teams in history.
If Westerhof had been sacked for losing AFCON to Algeria in Algiers "90 a year after he took over, If he had been sacked after semi-final elimination by Ghana and winning bronze in 92 as many frustrated and myopic people were demanding we probably would never seen the final refined product of his 5yrs build up that eventually emerge as AFCON "94 Champions, first World Cup and appearance with scintillating football football that dazzled the world in U.S.A. "94.
That same foundation that took the team to Atlanta "96 Olympic glory.
If the NFA of that era had listened to all these "Sack him" shout from every ignorant football fans and even journalists we would never have so those events that have become a reference point today and well cherished memory.
These shouts for the sack of Rohr are those traits we see in our political leaders in last 50yrs that have wrecked Nigeria.
They're evidence of lack of knowledge, insight, foresight, purpose and planning.
If they can't have what they desire now, heads must roll because their that's wisdom to them.
I washed how Westerhof built that great team from a failed world cup final match lose to Cameroun in Younde in his first match in charge after Samuel Okwaraji died and our team was demoralised.
From one match to another, from one competition to another he kept trying newly discovered players, different patterns and formations with new players and old players.
Journalists were criticising and lambasting him for what they saw as "no consistent team" and experimenting.
He kept adding and dropping players with new and better fitting players and formations he wanted gradually emerged.
Nigerians have no idea that processes and time are key ingredients in building success and legacies.
ALL YOU NOISE MAKERS, SHUT UP!
Wetin una do when SE no qualify for 2 consecutive AFCONs? angry

You have raised certain salient points I'd like to touch on. You said it took five years for Westerhof to build a team that finally took us to the pinnacle of African football. This is a fact. But, I'd like you to compare Rohr's first three years to those of Westerhof. Between 1989 and 1992, and this includes the 1990 Nations Cup, qualifiers for the 1992 AFCON, 1992 AFCON, and the commencement of the 1994 World Cup qualifiers, how many players were used? Westerhof kept searching for the best legs home and abroad to prosecute most of these matches. Players like Kpakor, Semitoje, Babalade, Finidi, to mention a few, all started at home and were tested during the Afcon 92 qualifiers to fit into a system of play. Now I ask, what is Rohr's system of play and how many new players has he introduced to get it going? He (Rohr) has introduced no competition to the national team. Comparing our style of play and the technical prowess of our players, then and now, the gulf is so evident. We had players, who at a moment's notice, could change the complexion of any game. Our football under Rohr is languid, laborious and unimaginative to say the least. If you acknowledge that the 1994 squad is our best, kindly mention any player in the current Super Eagles that can make the bench of that illustrious squad? Finally, Nigeria has no business sending Rohr on any course unless it's in his contract, and if such a clause exists, this raises questions of the criteria by which he was employed.
Re: NFF Retains Rohr, to be sent on refresher course at FC Bayern - Pinnick by Pacesetter123(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Rohr doesn't have it....
You don't invest time.. resources and money in such a man... It's a Waste

Quote me anywhere
ok..oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwabali: We are backing d Super Eagles to beat S'Africa - Chippa United Chairman / Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final / Mane Vs Salah: Rematch Looms With World Cup Place At Stake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.