Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic (12185 Views)

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by ijustdey: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lagos is notorious for its traffic gridlock. There are so many cars on the roads from private cars, commercial buses (Danfo), taxis, the Keke NAPEP (tricycles) and motorcycles (Okada).

The traffic would have been more bearable but for the addition of impatient drivers and riders, impatient pedestrians. A combination of all these factors really makes the heavy Lagos traffic unbearable.

Sadly, a brief journey which shouldn’t last for long might end up taking you longer time to travel to and fro a destination within the city.

But one thing about traffic in Lagos is that it occurs especially at specific times of the day and it can be unpredictable.

So therefore, by observing the day-to-day flow of traffic, you can get to understand the best times to leave your location and get to your destination faster.

Here are few tips on how to survive the traffic in Lagos:

* Make sure to leave home early: This is how the traffic has defined the life of many Lagosians. The routine is leave early and arrive late to avoid and survive the gridlock.

* Always listen to traffic radio/programmes: The Lagos State Government on May 29, 2012 launched the Lagos Traffic Radio 96.1FM to give Lagosians situation report on traffic. It offers information on alternative routes and locations where the gridlock is worse. They work in conjunction with the Lagos State Road Maintenance Agency (LASMA) and it is a reliable platform to get traffic information.

* Always wind up your car windows: This is a safety tip to ward-off ‘snatch and run’ thieves. Traffic jams are the perfect cover for a lot of pickpockets who pretend to be beggars, or street hawkers.

* You don’t always need to drive: For those who have the luxury of BRT buses around where they reside, it is advisable that you take public transport as an option. You actually don’t have to drive every day of the week.

* Have an insight on when and where traffic builds up: It is very important to have a little knowledge of the times of day and week when traffic is at its peak this would go a long way.

* Monitor the traffic situation on social media: There are some Twitter handles that provide authentic traffic updates daily, follow them and monitor their tweets religiously. With these updates, you can map your routes.

* Shake your head to the melodious tune of your music player: When you’re stuck in traffic, staring in space while waiting for the line of vehicles in front of you move forward, you can occupy your mind with music while you wait. Great music will soothe you and reduce the mental stress you go through in traffic.

In case you are stuck in the traffic, just relax. You’ll get home sooner or later. Anxiety or impatience won’t clear the roads or accelerate the vehicle.

https://thenationonlineng.net/seven-ways-to-beat-survive-lagos-traffic/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by baldboy(m): 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
Take bike.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by JasonScoolari: 4:51am On Jul 17, 2019
Always wind your windows up,
especially at night and go with a MADE-IN-GERMANY Helmet.

Even if your AC does not work, wind up and leave just a little crack such that hands or
weapons cannot fit in.

It is better to sweat for some minutes or hours than to get robbed of your smartphone, hard-earned money or even your SKULL been MINED by those "HARD WORKING MINERS.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
gy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by labusinessguide: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
This is trash

Best way is to simply leave Lagos and save your life from endless stress.

Phew

21 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by PrincessB1(f): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
It's either one wakes up very early or simply take bike.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Own a bicycle or powerbike.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by sparog(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2019
Naso
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2019
ok
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2019
G
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by OneKinGuy(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2019
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
Izachk:
To any kind hearted person out there please help me with any amount just for feeding. Every other way to get money has proven unfortunate for me including the building site which i have been laboring my days. I'm sorry for bringing my troubles here. I will appreciate any amount you can afford. Thank you and may God bless you. 5941973016 fcmb
Take the little money u have and buy sex related products on aliexpress and sell to people ma frd! How long will u keep begging or working at sites

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by peteruuu(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
I hate Lagos State...and I don't even know the reason behind it.

The bustles and all...

PS- I hate Lagos state, NOT the people of Lagos state or the permanent residents.

PS- If you must reply me, put on your thinking cap, set aside emotions and reason like a human with BRAIN. THANK YOU.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by thisnaijaguy: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
SMH

It's unfortunate we have to act like we're enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by yinkus6750(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
8. Avoid LASTMA & VIO on all your routes
Times are hard with Sanwolus anti traffic policies.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by toxxnoni(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2019
wow
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by dejio42(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2019
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Inairang: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
No be lie, Lagos is so congested than any other state in Nigeria, what could be the cause

Please check this thread as a business man or woman, you will find something helpful there.
https://www.nairaland.com/5306043/get-business-man-woman
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by chukwuibuipob: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
embarassed
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
One way to solve the traffic problem is to keep all the cars that are not paid for off the streets
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Pavore9: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2019
Though born and raised in Lagos, I have become phobic of it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Stephendeals: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2019
smiley

While you are on it

I sell IT Products.

Get New Laserjet Printer for as low as #25k

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by Fabolousibk1(m): 10:13am On Jul 17, 2019
These are my own way you can avoid traffic in lasgidi
1...Buy helicopter
2....Don't go out at all
3....Wear army uniform and follow one way
4....Rent an ambulance.....
5....Relocate to Abuja.......
Don't thank me oo... What are we friends for
Meanwhile... Tunisia is ready to beat the super chicken tonight... Wait sef... Can we just leave the the third place for Tunisia without playing the match... Bcoz this guy will still go and be playing like pregnant woman tonight mtcheww

3 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by kolafolabi(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2019
Just make sure you are not only in the car and you don't drive a manual transmission car

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by 2special(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2019
Nothing new in what you just wrote here
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by chukwuibuipob: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2019
grin grin grin grin wink cheesy grin
Izachk:
To any kind hearted person out there please help me with any amount just for feeding. Every other way to get money has proven unfortunate for me including the building site which i have been laboring my days. I'm sorry for bringing my troubles here. I will appreciate any amount you can afford. Thank you and may God bless you. 5941973016 fcmb
undecided.U dnt have money but u have bank AC? Well,hard work doesn't kill,it refine.Wherever U are,find a CAR WASH,LAUNDRY CLEANER and join dem.Those boys that runz up/down road to sell gala etc aren't F00LS.Instead of BEGGING, START WORKING.E GO BETTER OOOO

4 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by onward4life(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2019
baldboy:
Take bike.

Best way is to leave lagos...
Re: Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic by ednut1(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2019
no mention of google maps. you say make we use BRT which brt be that. the one you will queue for and hour ba

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gokada Achieves 99.8% Safety Records After 2 Million Rides / Primero Sacked 300 BRT Drivers In A Year For Commuter Safety / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.