Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,848 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) (38250 Views)

Ronaldo Becomes First Juventus Player To Score In Nine Straight League Games / Check Out This Sexy Pics Of Juventus Player Paulo Dybala. No15 Will Shock You. / Ronaldo Gets His First Goal As Juventus Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by joey150(m): 5:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Ramsey is a decent footballer on his good day.

He definitely isn't worth to be paid that much, but it's a bosman deal so it's understandable.

Before I forget to add, his good days are like once in three months.

Well, playing with Ronaldo and Dybala can certainly inspire a special kind of confidence that playing with Ozil and Iwobi can't.

3 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by PopeFlatino(m): 5:34am On Jul 17, 2019
grin ur ticket suppose don play hence the match ended2-1 in favour of d home side.... except u favoured away team shaa
edo3:
Imagine,, and i dey here denied myself sleep dey monitor my ticket la quidad vs royal pari for copa america make ticket no cut.. Hmmmm,, this life sha..
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by EkperemoEgbabi: 5:59am On Jul 17, 2019
post=80342400:
#220,000,000 per week!

It is well!

Fulani_Afonja. You no dey sleep at all? U dey close work on nairaland at 2.15am on Wednesday morning and starting work for nairaland 4am in the morning on the same Wednesday.
Shey na only 1h45mins u dey sleep everyday.??

4 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by ofiko123(m): 6:00am On Jul 17, 2019
£440,000 for Aaron Ramsey...haba that is just too much..I hope he does his best for the team...
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Thinkfree(m): 6:04am On Jul 17, 2019
Businext:
shocked

Dear friends don't be overwhelmed by these salaries and wages you see our dear footballers and other entertainers earning over above some educated desk job professionals. Education is still good, don't give up on school.

Everyone cannot be an entertainer but everyone should be educated and schooled. When you think of what this money Ramsey will earn in the next 4 years can do for you rather than what you yourself will spend in the next 4 years in a Nigerian uni you may be dismayed, discouraged, angry and irritated. But it will end in praise.

If you join football or music without passion but just for the money you won't go far, so also if you give up on school and your destiny was for you to be the doctor, lawyer, journalist, surveyor, accountant, pharmacist, engineer or sociologist that would bring about a massive positive change in the world not just Nigeria and you opted instead to go make money in entertainment or yahoo plus or oloshoism you would not only have failed yourself but generations and true loved ones.

Please let's support school, skill and legit work. May Ramsey do Juventus good and deserve his wages

#SayYesToSchoolAndSkill
what happened to you when you're in school without passion because of the problems in our country?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 17, 2019
Graduateacher:

You don't even have pity for your parents/guardians who paid your school fees, smh

Think like this and you will be caged for life. I have a friend that did same (dropped at final year). His parents wanted to tear him apart, he just left the house changed his number and went to pursue his dream, came back and completed the house his father has been building for long and even bought them a car. Dude is just 25. I am pretty sure that over covered whaver expenses they made during his uni days.

Your parents don't really care about the certifiate, but for you to be successful. You really think Zuckerberg's father actually care about his certificate right now?

3 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by chieme123(m): 6:19am On Jul 17, 2019
Businext:
shocked

Dear friends don't be overwhelmed by these salaries and wages you see our dear footballers and other entertainers earning over above some educated desk job professionals. Education is still good, don't give up on school.

Everyone cannot be an entertainer but everyone should be educated and schooled. When you think of what this money Ramsey will earn in the next 4 years can do for you rather than what you yourself will spend in the next 4 years in a Nigerian uni you may be dismayed, discouraged, angry and irritated. But it will end in praise.

If you join football or music without passion but just for the money you won't go far, so also if you give up on school and your destiny was for you to be the doctor, lawyer, journalist, surveyor, accountant, pharmacist, engineer or sociologist that would bring about a massive positive change in the world not just Nigeria and you opted instead to go make money in entertainment or yahoo plus or oloshoism you would not only have failed yourself but generations and true loved ones.

Please let's support school, skill and legit work. May Ramsey do Juventus good and deserve his wages

#SayYesToSchoolAndSkill

I'm already wondering why I bothered to go to school.
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Globalistic(f): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2019
Arsenal is finished!

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by edo3(m): 6:43am On Jul 17, 2019
PopeFlatino:
grin ur ticket suppose don play hence the match ended2-1 in favour of d home side.... except u favoured away team shaa
gave x or ,, still running my broda.. I lost a lot yesterday so na only ticket wey survive yesterday cutting.. Tnx 4 ur concern.. We shall conquer..
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Hoodbilonia: 6:46am On Jul 17, 2019
440k pounds a week
My God why amai black and stuck in nigeria
Shey na him pray pass or he get 2heads
I bet my balls he doesnt know christ or carry religion put for head. Africa is cursed abeg
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Otunski: 7:03am On Jul 17, 2019
Wetin him dey play to warrant £440,000 per week? JUVE just dey waste money anyhow.
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by EkunKekere: 7:05am On Jul 17, 2019
Aaron Ramsey’s contract is up with Arsenal at the end of this season, and according to BBC Sport’s David Ornstein, Ramsey has signed an agreement to join Italian giants Juventus this summer.

The reported salary at which he will do that: £400,000 per week. That’s roughly 518,000 dollars American per week. Some back-of-the-envelope math that shouldn’t be taken too seriously: Spread out over the four-year term of the contract, that’s Juventus reportedly agreeing to pay the 28-year-old Ramsey some $100 million for his services, which would make him the highest paid British player ever.

A lot of people are asking: Wait. What? That Aaron Ramsey? What’s going on here?

Let’s go through some questions on the deal.

Is Aaron Ramsey really worth $100 million in salary?
Well, maybe. Sure.

I think the better question is: Is Aaron Ramsey worth $100 million, all in?

The big thing here is that Ramsey allowed his contract to run out with Arsenal, and thus Juventus didn’t have to pay anything to the London club to buy the player.

So say his contract wasn’t up, and Juventus had bought Ramsey for $40 million (not an outrageous number based on his age and output), then paid him $280,000 a week, which, while a lot, is also not an outrageous number based on the type of player he is. That’s the same amount right there; Juventus have spent $100 million on him.

You can think of it this way: Juventus had $100 million they were willing to spend on Aaron Ramsey. They could split that with Arsenal and Ramsey, or they could just give it to Ramsey (and his agent, of course). By running out his contract, Ramsey got a bigger piece of the pie.

Why don’t more players run out their contract then?
A good question!

The same reason a lot of players don’t play out contracts: Fear. Fear of injury, fear of a drop in play, fear in a clash with a manager. There are a million things that can happen to someone that can see his value dropped. By playing out his contract, Ramsey put a bet on himself that he wouldn’t get injured or benched or anything else. It turned out to be a smart bet this time.

Is it possible these numbers aren’t entirely accurate?
Sure. We haven’t seen the contract, so I guess it’s possible. These are all reported figures, and it’s in Ramsey’s interests, his agent’s interests, and one could argue Juventus’ interests to send the message that Ramsey is a massive player and Juventus were willing to spend whatever they needed to spend to get the Welsh international.

But without a transfer fee, the money to Ramsey isn’t as wild as it may seem. I’m not calling shenanigans on this one.

But is he good?
Ramsey is a fine player. A wonderful player. And at 28, I guess Juventus is getting him in his prime, or some of his prime. He’s been an underrated player for Arsenal for some time, and when healthy, one of the finer midfielders in the Premier League. He’s a strong attacking midfielder with good vision who has a knack for scoring, something every club in the world can use.

4 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Rilley(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2019
amosadamu:

School....
This guy at his age can retire in say 8yrs, go for a 3 year degree and get at least way above minimum wage job.
There are office jobs advertised in western countries and the requirement is "high school diploma". They train you on the job.
I laugh in Swahili when I hear 4 years Nigerian degree. I dropped out in my final year, no carry overs oooo. Lecturer told me I won't graduate I told him to keep the certificate...
Lol so what are you doing now?
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Glycosunde: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2019
Most times I just wonder how d clubs make profits after paying outrageous amount of salaries to their players. Just imagine paying £440K for one man, not to talk of other players then staffs n pay for other logistics. Well there must be a way they are making their money because I can't just phantom it.

1 Like

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by COZA(m): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2019
220 million naira a week, 11 billion naira a year shocked

oluwa please pick My call embarassed
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by omooba969(m): 7:53am On Jul 17, 2019
Tifesingz:
What is going on please All these money are outrageous now haha! I fear o!

Money laundering in full gear, flushing bad money/crime proceeds into the economy...grin

Corporate crime that is.cool

1 Like

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2019
Still wondering why aresnal let him go for free. Arsenal is cursed angry
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Mrsaviour(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2019
chai... 440,000 x 450 = N198,000,000 per week
football is blood money
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Moneywirer: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Sethzenon:

Think like this and you will be caged for life. I have a friend that did same (dropped at final year). His parents wanted to tear him apart, he just left the house changed his number and went to pursue his dream, came back and completed the house his father has been building for long and even bought them a car. Dude is just 25. I am pretty sure that over covered whaver expenses they made during his uni days.

Your parents don't really care about the certifiate, but for you to be successful. You really think Zuckerberg's father actually care about his certificate right now?

WORD!!!

2 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by clovislouis(m): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2019
edo3:
Imagine,, and i dey here denied myself sleep dey monitor my ticket la quidad vs royal pari for copa america make ticket no cut.. Hmmmm,, this life sha..
lol. What bet9jA has caused
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Graduateacher(f): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2019
Sethzenon:

Sudden wealth is suspicious, I hope you're not boasting about yahoo yahoo
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by tesppidd: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2019
post=80342400:
#220,000,000 per week!

It is well!
shocked shocked

Don't think its up to that.

Maybe around 170 mil.

But then that is crazy money.
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by tesppidd: 8:17am On Jul 17, 2019
chieme123:

I'm already wondering why I bothered to go to school.
Do you know how many footballers are out there?

Do you know how many Nigerian footballers are out there trying to get to Europe?

Maybe 100 out of 50,000 actually make it every year.

You think anything is easy?

2 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by NwaJozi: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2019
That’s outrageous
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Jdbrasco2: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2019
edo3:
My brother you are not alone. God!
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by CrestMan: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2019
I don't know why Juventus are wasting spending money unnecessarily as if it will amount to anything new. Las las, they will only win their domestic trophies smiley

1 Like

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2019
Graduateacher:

Sudden wealth is suspicious, I hope you're not boasting about yahoo yahoo

This is the problem with Nigerians. Once a young nigerian man is successful they say it is yahoo. You are not better off than SARS.

Kylie Jenner became a multi millionaire at just 18 nobody talked. Let me even come down.. A Nigerian just sold a painting for over 200 million, maybe that doesn't define as sudden wealth. Oga if you still believe you have to work so hard to make money you better wake up.

Meanwhile, he dropped out when he was 19. It even took him 5 years to make it.

1 Like

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by YoungAncient1: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2019
Too much money for a man that will not stay fit for 20 games
Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by solsticey2k3(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2019
Na y I no dey bother reason this football money, cos e fit make person get depression. One person dey collect close to 1 billion Naira per month. Even if you get PhD raise to power 7, no company fit pay you dat kain money undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aaron Ramsey Unveiled As A Juventus Player And Will Earn £440,000 A Week(photos) by chiboy1116: 9:05am On Jul 17, 2019
Wetin this guy de play wey dem go de pay am like this ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cape Verde, DR Congo, Tunisia, Zambia - AFCON 2015 Group B / Super Eagles Depart Austria For Russia (Photo) / Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.