Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market (5452 Views)

Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million / Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market / Central Bank Injects $210 Million Into Currency Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Ravon: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2019
The interbank segment of the Foreign Exchange Market has received a fresh boost of $210 million from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) following sales concluded on Tuesday, July 16, 2019.

Figures obtained from the CBN indicated that authorized dealers in the wholesale segment of the market were again offered the sum of $100million, while the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) window received the sum of $55 million.

The sum of $55 million was equally allocated to customers requiring foreign exchange for Invisibles such as tuition fees, medical payments and Basic Travel Allowance (BTA), among others.

The Director, Corporate Communications Department at the CBN, Mr Isaac Okorafor, confirmed the sales, just as he reaffirmed the Bank’s commitment towards sustaining the level of stability in the foreign exchange market.

It will be recalled that at the last intervention on Friday, July 12, 2019, the Bank injected the sum of $298.7million and CNY39.6million into the Retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS) segment.

Meanwhile, the rate of exchange between the Naira and the United States dollars in the BDC segment of the market on Tuesday, July 16, 2019, was N360/$1.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/07/17/central-bank-of-nigeria-injects-210m-in-forex-market/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by rentAcock(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Rather than inject limited forex for people traveling overseas for vacation or education, I will suggest instead they invest that money in Bitcoin for 10 years and use the proceeds for budget allocations and infrastructure modernization. This will encourage many to visit our local resorts, beaches and zoos instead of boosting the economies of foreign countries. Limiting forex availability will also curtail the current trend of Nigerians going overseas to study when we could be improving our education sector.

$300 million invested in bitcoin today may be worth $30 Trillion in 10 years. This will not only lift us from 3rd world status, we may become the world's biggest economy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by fakuta(f): 7:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Always Ejecting since 2015, okay woh we hope for production

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Inflammatory: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Ok. This thing no dey clear me. I am very sure there are scams going on through it.

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by semyman: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2019
How will all these reduce the unemployment?

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by chivision: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2019
very great!

So, when would they eject?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by lonelydora: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2019
Well, I have nothing to say but good move for now.

This case is like someone having Malaria and Typhoid fever, and he continues to take Paracetamol just to relieve headache/body pain without treating the illness from root cause.

7 Likes

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Miracle4Sure: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2019
NOT BAD cool
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by livebyday(m): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2019
Economist gurus

Isn't this one of the reasons the Emir HRH Sanusi said we are going broke

Isn't this slapping a bandaid on a festering wound?

How does this impact the GDP and hel price control.of consumer goods ?

Someone kindly explain to me in a coherent and precise manner
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by nototribalist: 7:23am On Jul 17, 2019
After almost $10billion injected so far, still, the dollar is still N365.

Emeafele stop injecting why aboki is stashing it under their bed and babariga

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by FreshBoss007: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2019
if them like make them digest, inject, reject even eject
stupid policies would always hinder productivity

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by lutherjay: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2019
I guess the Forex market needs it more than the poor on the streets ryt !!
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by honest1480(m): 7:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Until the effect is felt on our economy, it remains a figure.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by chigoziri2403(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Is central bank now a hospital, that they keep injecting injections,
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by iammo(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2019
angry

Isn't it that what they do quarterly? Politician would prolly get 25% as estacode, Civil servants gets 25% for meaningless seminars and confrences, Hausa mallams with BDC gets 25% while just 25% gets to the masses at discount rate through BTA

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Jul 17, 2019
FOREX : One of the several ways we codedly do our things.

In Jesus Christ we trust!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Olamigenius(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2019
Inject Everytime but people still Dey suffer..The rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer..

God Go Make Us Make Our Own ����

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Bacteriologist(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2019
No country relies solely on imports and expects its currency to appreciate. I repeat. NO COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by CanadaOrBust: 7:30am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Rather than inject limited forex for people traveling overseas for vacation or education, I will suggest instead they invest that money in Bitcoin for 10 years and use the proceeds for budget allocations and infrastructure modernization. This will encourage many to visit our local resorts, beaches and zoos instead of boosting the economies of foreign countries. Limiting forex availability will also curtail the current trend of Nigerians going overseas to study when we could be improving our education sector.

$300 million invested in bitcoin today may be worth $30 Trillion in 10 years. This will not only lift us from 3rd world status, we may become the world's biggest economy.

@boldened, it may also be worth $0. What or who exactly backs bitcoin?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by cooldipo(m): 7:31am On Jul 17, 2019
We need yuan more than anything else

Get your reliable phone powerbank and enjoy our free shipping service
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by CanadaOrBust: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2019
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by david22uu(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:

Bro... do u know what ubare saying at all... Bitcoin is a virtual currency with no central system of tendancy

3 Likes

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2019
How will I get my own share from it
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2019
post=80344636:
FOREX : One of the several ways we codedly do our things.

In Jesus Christ we trust!

MannaBBQ How was market last night
We are talking about Nigeria economy not Suya and Barbeque that you sell at zenith bank gate in surulere
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by shogsman(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:

You expect a country to capitalize on cryptocurrency ,it's just like saying they should play 3 odds with $300m.

6 Likes

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by 004gist: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:

See the way u de talk.

So if u get a huge fund like this u put it in a venture that is volatile as btc

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Jeremy1998: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Happy to hear this. i love the development, going to have my national cake from here trading forex is my hubby we make money daily... I love CBN
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Jeremy1998: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2019
If you Know how forex work, you won't advise your enemy to put their money in btc... Not butter and bread though
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Jeremy1998: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:

you know nothing about forex bro...
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2019
vh
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 17, 2019
rentAcock:

$300m invested in btc is chump change. Btc market capital drops and increases at will, sometimes you can see a dip of up to $25b in 3hrs and a possible rise of market capital of more than $23b in less than 1. Not saying $300m invested as an organization or a person isn’t a good investment, But as a country, you must first create a sense of trust between you and your people about Crypto. Nigeria is currently anti crypto and that amount invested in btc will not make any positive effect on the coin except the country starts giving Blockchain a positive thought, only then will btc gets a positive boost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of Condemned Engine Oil In Large Quantity / Importing From China / How Much Did Gtbank Charged On Your Account Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.