Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. (540 Views)

FULANI Vs YORUBA Clash Today (VIDEO) / Fagba, Iju-Ishaga Boils As Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Lagos / #Ekitimourns Trends On Twitter As At Least 20 Lives Lost A Trailer Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by callthefred: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2019
April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/Fulani VS Yoruba clash. A wake up call and terrible experience. 400 lives lost.

It is often said that those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat it. Even scholars and leaders alike agree that a stitch in time saves nine; a small problem can become greater is left unchecked.

April 2017 was a bloody day and a day to never wish for in Ile Ife following simple disagreement between two men over a woman.

For those who may wish to deny or forget this incident some of us in town that day will never forget in an hurry. It was a day an Hausa simply sexually assaulted his ex wife who is remarried to a Yoruba man who happens to be the leader of commercial transporters in town. Within an hour the mood over the city changed and within 24 hours the ancient city was soaked in blood.

Murder, robbery, extortion, raping and all. Over 400 Hausa's/Fulani's were murdered. The government of course had to deny it for fear of reprisals in the North and because these two ethnic groups have lived together for years it was settled in the interest on one Nigeria.

I fear the aftermath of such was simply because of so called excesses of the Hausa/Fulani's not even those in Ife but those whom they unfortunately share the same ethnicity with and whom have been known to harbour criminal elements.

President Buhari unfortunately isn't fazed as he's a known and unrepentant tribal bigot who sees Nigeria as a contest between the North and South.

For one, President Obasanjo detained the leaders of the Oodua People's Congress (OPC) for over a year in 2004 when they were learning towards becoming a violent group with the claim of wanting to protect him (Obasanjo himself) from fictional enemies who may be after his life from other ethnic groups. It is better if our leaders understand that Nigeria must always come first and nothing else. Not religion or tribe. Otherwise they may be leading us as a nation to a journey that may take generations to heal.

Decades after the civil war the country itself hasn't healed and to beat another drum of war would do us no good. I have always known that there's never a winner in a war. Both sides record fatalities and pains even though this may defer in proportion. The President is failing us because the bulk stops at his table and he must choose between being a Nigerian President or being a Fulani President.

I have met a lot of Fulani's and Hausa's alike and I can say these are some interesting people to do business with but like every other tribe there are bad elements, however the bad elements shouldn't be the standard to judge positive qualities of the good.

Let us call a spade a spade. I won't blame a carpenter for not providing security for his society as I won't blame a soldier for the job of a carpenter. It is simply the job and responsibility of a leader to provide solutions. Securing the nation and it's citizens is Buhari's job not mine and the earlier he understands this the better. Not stupid excuses of blaming and fault finding. Act now or leave!

God bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by Wizklynd23(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2019
You have spoken well

1 Like

Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by HappyPagan: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Why should Nigerian come first? What has this country done for its people? Why do you demand patriotism from citizens whose government has failed them?
Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by Flier: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Useless post! You have no idea what 400 casualties are
they are yet to lose up to 400 people in South Sudan civil unrest
Infact during Modeke/Ife war,it took more than 1 year before 400 casualties
People killed during 2017 unrest are not more than 20,Infact 10 or 15 highest

1 Like

Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by Abeymills(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2019
I only talking to good Nigerians that truly love dis country not d wicked selfish idiots dat still support dis evil clueless govt of cattle caliphate
Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by mike404(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2019
Abeymills:
I only talking to good Nigerians that truly love dis country not d wicked selfish idiots dat still support dis evil clueless govt of cattle caliphate
YOU HAVE JUST SPOKEN LIKE A TYPICAL YORUBA MUSLIM THAT YOU ARE. COWARDS
Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by Abeymills(m): 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
mike404:
YOU HAVE JUST SPOKEN LIKE A TYPICAL YORUBA MUSLIM THAT YOU ARE. COWARDS
ode ni e
Re: April 2017 Ile Ife Hausa/fulani VS Yoruba Clash. 400 Lives Lost. by callthefred: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
Flier:
Useless post! You have no idea what 400 casualties are
they are yet to lose up to 400 people in South Sudan civil unrest
Infact during Modeke/Ife war,it took more than 1 year before 400 casualties
People killed during 2017 unrest are not more than 20,Infact 10 or 15 highest

You weren't there so don't judge me. I'm not an idiot to write what I wasn't so sure of. Truth is I was surprised government could downplay something of such magnitude. You may need to ask those really there. Another issue is the Hausa/Fulani's generally don't take human lives lost as serious as other tribes. I was in town and I have people at OAUTHC where corpses were taken.

(1) (Reply)

Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide / What First Bank Says About The Death Of Its Staff In Akure / Futminna On Fire After Tanker Drivers Ran Over A Student With His Truck. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.