Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide (545 Views)

Hillary Okechukwu Dies By Suspected Suicide Days After Losing His Wazobia FM Job / Man Strips Hooker Unclad For Stealing His N31k, Isokoboy, Others React / Man Strips Unclad, Hangs Himself At Popular Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by GistMore1: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2019
A man, whose identity could not be immediately confirmed on Thursday, was feared dead, after he stripped himself and jumped into the Osun River in Osogbo, in what could be described as an attempted suicide.

Eyewitnesses said the incident happened around 5.15pm.

At about 6pm when our correspondent arrived at the scene, the man had not been evacuated.

Men of the Osun State Fire Service and policemen were seen controlling a crowd that was already gathering on Gbodofon Bridge, located along the Osogbo/Gbongan Road, from where the man jumped into the river.

An eyewitness, John Samuel, who claimed to have seen the man shortly before he jumped into the river, said, “I was at the other side going towards a fast-food joint called Fingerlicking, when I saw a guy stripping himself naked on top of the bridge.

“Immediately I spotted him making an attempt to jump, I shouted, hoping that maybe that would stop him from jumping into the river. He didn’t listen to me.

“A commercial bus driver coming behind also tried to stop the man from jumping, but before he could alight from his bus, the guy had already jumped.”

See more here; http://gistmore.com/man-strips-jump-into-osun-river-in-suspected-suicide

Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by GistMore1: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by Eteka1(m): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2019
Bye bye to him.
Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by cynthiaqueen98(f): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2019
this is sad
Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by dayleke: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2019
Suicide everywhere...

2 Likes

Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2019
Na wa o,the guy want to visit yeyemoja ..Rip to the dead ...the river is quite turbulent during the raining season,the idea of life guard might not work.
Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2019
The Land of the Living Dead!

So this place is in Osun State, having nostalgia of Igodo my childhood movie, released in 1999 when Nollywood movies counts, one of the best movie I have ever watched.

That River is like the first River in the Evil Forest.

Re: Man Strips, Jump Into Osun River In Suspected Suicide by wolesmile(m): 8:08am On Aug 02, 2019
The river goddess just called him for a meeting.

Going back to the old way. Sniper no gree send this one to eternity.....

(1) (Reply)

What Happened On 11 September 2001 In America Soil? / Sanusi Usman:"Though I'm A Rapist, I Don't Want My Daughter To Be Raped" / Man Defiles 7-Year-old Girl (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.