Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue (1107 Views)

...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... / 2003 Honda Civic........ / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by oyi1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hello guys
I observed recently that my radiator fan don't go off when I turn off the engine.

It keeps turning at full force for like 2-5mins before going off.

This normally happen after using the car for like hours.

I have checked all the cooling system including water, Everything seems to be in order.

Please guys is this a big deal because am worried about it??
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by Lexusgs430: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
oyi1:
Hello guys
I observed recently that my radiator fan don't go off when I turn off the engine.

I have checked all the cooling system including water, Everything seems to be in order.

No big deal........

When you run a marathon in very hot humid weather, you would open your mouth after the marathon (exhaling and inhaling)........

Do you shut your mouth immediately after the race? NO......

So the car is simply expelling.......... tongue

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by oyi1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
Alright.. buh this started recently..
It doesn't happen before
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by Lexusgs430: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
oyi1:
Alright.. buh this started recently..
It doesn't happen before

Have you put your vehicle on severe strain previously? Have a radiator flush and check radiator's exterior for dirt blockage........

Your engine is thirsty and requires additional fan to cool it down........

When you refill radiator, don't just put water........ Add recommended radiator coolant.........
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by diportivo: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
ur car is panting sad

poor car cry

cooling system things as my oga above has said
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by ogawisdom(m): 5:14am On Jul 18, 2019
oyi1:
Hello guys

Please can I get an honest review of the car based on your personal experience. I intend to buy 2006 model naija used.
Does it perform well with our regular fuel?
What is the fuel economy like?
Availability of affordable parts n mechanics
Reliability n ruggedness
What are the likely issues with pilot
General advice, do u recommend this car n why,?

I await your kind reply, God bless you
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by oyi1(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2019
ogawisdom:

Please can I get an honest review of the car based on your personal experience. I intend to buy 2006 model naija used.
Does it perform well with our regular fuel?
What is the fuel economy like?
Availability of affordable parts n mechanics
Reliability n ruggedness
What are the likely issues with pilot
General advice, do u recommend this car n why,?

I await your kind reply, God bless you

The car is generally ok..
Parts available.
Fuel consumption is just a little high just like others SUV.
Interior n sound system very sharp
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by oyi1(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have you put your vehicle on severe strain previously? Have a radiator flush and check radiator's exterior for dirt blockage........

Your engine is thirsty and requires additional fan to cool it down........

When you refill radiator, don't just put water........ Add recommended radiator coolant.........

Thanks bro
I think I need to wash my radiator
Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
oyi1:

Thanks bro
I think I need to wash my radiator

If your car breaths better, it would gasp less........ Also add the right composition of water & recommended coolant mixture......

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Pilot Fan Issue by 9icetoo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is what you should do
1. Either buy a cheap blue tooth scanner (5k) or pay someone with a scanner to ride with you (10k)
2. Drive the car around and monitor the live feed for the coolant temperature sensor
3. Watch if the temperature rises and falls as it should with each fan cycle.
4. You can drive with or without the ac but I suggest you mimic your daily driving setting which triggers this fan behaviour you are worried about.
5. When you come to a stop, take note of the temperature before switching off the engine.
6. If your temp is above 105 degrees, you may have a defective radiator cap or a partially closed thermostat.
7. If it's below 90 and your fan is still spinning, you may have a sticking relay.

My two cents. I experienced no 6 on my Skoda and no 7 on my mdx. A small tap on the relay controlling the fan turned it off. It has only ever done it again once in the last four months but I plan to replace the relay when it happens again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes GLE Camera Car Chases Aston Martin's DB5 On James Bond Film Set / Innoson Introduced All-new 7-seaters & Bus Named African Commute King / 100 Units Of New Hyundai Shock Absorber..made In KOREA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.