Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta (395 Views)

63-Year-Old Ugandan Publicly Flogged For Attempting To Sleep With Daughter-InLaw / 2 Nigerians Impersonate Bruno Mars, Scam A 63-Year-Old Texas Woman (Pix) / Tenant Who Raped & Killed Landlady In Ekiti, Arrested. Denies Raping Her (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by sophsia62: 1:53am On Jul 18, 2019
A 63-year-old landlady, Mrs Elizabeth Asuelime, has been allegedly murdered by her tenants at No. 72 Umunajie Street, Asaba, Delta State.

The deceased’s daughter, Glory, told Akelicious that her mother was murdered on Tuesday by two of her tenants.

She said, “My mum called me on Monday around 8pm and asked me to come home the following morning because one of her tenants was giving her problems and threatening her. So, on Tuesday morning, I called her phone but it was switched off.

“When I got to the house, I met the door open. I checked her room and she was not there, so I went to the parlour and saw her lying on the couch. I called her again and she didn’t respond, so I touched her and the body was stiff.

“I noticed blood gushing out from the back of her head; then I screamed and went outside and asked for the tenant giving my mother problems. One of the ladies said it was the tenant in the front and I told them that my mother was lying dead in a pool of her blood inside the house.

“That was how we went to the ‘A’ Police Division in Asaba and it was discovered that the assailants used a harmer or stick to hit my mother in the back of her head. The police have arrested only four tenants, because after the incident, most of them ran away.

“Charles and Emeka, together with their wives, were the ones who quarrelled with my mum. The assailants went away with her phone. We are waiting for MTN to provide the transcript of the last conversation with my mother.”

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officers, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyey, however, said it had not been established that the said tenants murdered Elizabeth.

She stated that the tenants, who quarrelled with the landlady, were currently at large, but four other tenants had so far been invited for questioning.

The PPRO added that investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding the woman’s death and apprehend the killers.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/tenants-allegedly-murder-63-year-old.html

Re: Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by daewoorazer(m): 1:57am On Jul 18, 2019

I think we need gun reform. Guns should be legalized else citizens are doomed.

Re: Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by papaput2(m): 2:40am On Jul 18, 2019
Oga landlady travel and see
Re: Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by thesicilian: 4:36am On Jul 18, 2019
No CCTV footage, fingerprint analysis, DNA samples. The only objective evidence we can hope for here is to find the phone still in possession of the killer, otherwise innocent people will suffer. We just keep stumbling over everything in this country.
Re: Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 18, 2019
The landlady wahala don too much.

Guys don tire to dey defend why they brought three girls in a day. Why the music is loud, or why the curtain at the window was folded.

Some of these landlords/lady no dey behave at all.

That's how my past landlord will always seize to the toilet and bathroom for weeks because I forgot it at the door. Person wey dey chop o!

No wahala shaaa
Re: Tenants Allegedly Murder 63-year-old Landlady In Delta by chiommy123(f): 6:48am On Jul 18, 2019
Maybe a silently pained tenant killed her while the loud ones suffer

(1) (Reply)

Angry Soldier Beats Up Innocent Guy At Dangote Company In Lagos (photos) / Petrol Tanker Kills One, Injured Many In Ogun State / PHOTOS – Man Tortured For Impregnating His 13 Year Old Daughter – Port-harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.