Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 12 Months Imprisonment In Edo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 12 Months Imprisonment In Edo State (577 Views)

Court Jails Two Internet Fraudsters In Port Harcourt / Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Ilorin (Photos) / Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 12 Months Imprisonment In Edo State by Iszzyblog(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office on Wednesday July 17, 2019 secured the conviction of two internet fraudsters before Justice J. K. Omotosho of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The convicts are Obanore Edson Ehimen and Paul Odion Oghiator. they were arraigned on a One count charge respectively for offences bordering on obtaining by false pretence and impersonation. Specifically, Oghiator on Facebook impersonated the identity of James Minh, an American and subsequently sent documents to unsuspecting ladies with intent to defraud them.
The charge against Ogiator reads: "That you Paul Odion Oghiator (Alias James Minh) sometimes between 2018 and June 2019 in Warri, Delta State within the jurisdiction of this honourable court did fraudulently impersonate in your FaceBook account the identity of one James Minh, an American and sends documents to unsuspecting ladies through the internet with documents you claim emanated from the said James Minh with the internet to obtain money from the ladies and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(2)(b)(ii) of the Cybercrimes (prohibition, prevention etc) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 22(2)(b)(iv) of the same Act”.
When the charge was read, the defendants pleaded guilty.
In view of their plea, prosecution counsel, Fredrick Dibang told the court to convict and sentence the defendants in accordance with the plea bargain agreement between the prosecution and defense counsel.
Justice Omotosho consequently sentenced the defendants to 12 months imprisonment each. The court also ruled that Ehimen forfeits the sum of N620,000 (Six hundred and Twenty thousand naira) in his GT Bank account to the Federal government of Nigeria while Oghiator was fined the sum of Two hundred thousand naira.

News Source: https://www.iszzyblog.com/2019/07/two-internet-fraudsters-bag-12-months.html

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 12 Months Imprisonment In Edo State by daddytime(m): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2019
Hungry lazy boys
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 12 Months Imprisonment In Edo State by Heylius(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2019
Efcc should be ready to arrest almost all Nigerian youths ,because 80%of Nigerian youths are scammers.lol that's the fact believe it or not.in one way or the other we are scamming each other

A nairalander took advantage of my predicament and scammed me of 30k, saying he will help me get a nice job, i asked and pleaded with him please sir,hope you not trying to scam me this is the little money I'm using to take care of my mum who is ill, he said to me either prayer,either curse i should do one for him if he ever take advantage of my situation.
But las las after money drop guy man blocked me on WhatsApp and stopped picking my call smh
I almost died that week but i said to myself you can't die like this their is more to life.
I've forgived him.

Instead of them to go after the real criminals that put this country in this mess they are here arresting boys that went into yahoo because of what the society throw at us, a lot of us do not want to end this way,they wanted to graduate get a nice job and make their family proud.

After all the stress in school they where able to graduate family is happy everyone is now looking up to you to take over as the bread winner.

You start looking for work 2years three years no work family on your neck no financial support to start from somewhere, your mates are doing fine driving nice cars.

Boom you come across an old friend that is doing fine both of you exchange contact and started chatting,he ask you what you're doing.you started telling how you've toiled day and night but nothing to show for it he then introduce you to his business called yahoo.
Why you no go do

No hope for our kids in this country
Wetin local man don see for this country dey give me sleepless night
Let's take our future into our hands the time is now or never.
SAY NO TO SCAM!
HUSTLE LEGIT E GO SURE FOR US SOMEDAY.

(1) (Reply)

2 Die, 9 Injured In Auto Crash Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway Accident / Children’s School Fees Drove Me Into Kidnapping — Suspect / VIDEO: Kano Father Chains Daughter For Two Years For Rejecting Forced Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.