Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,628 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues (568 Views)

N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid / Mr Bigg’s Wins “restaurant Of The Year” Award / Femi Otedola At Lagos University Staff School In 1971. 46 Years Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by Alarinka1: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2019
From the late 1970s to early 2000s, Mr. Bigg's was the most sought-after fast food restaurant, but 46 years later, the company is gradually winding up, becoming a fading memory in an era of competition; the fall of this giant will, however, cost Nigerians a lot.

How Mr. Biggs’ problems started

Self-inflicted harm: Mr. Biggs adopted a business strategy to operate by proxy. The company subscribed to franchising, monetising its brand for QSR entrepreneurs interested in using its name to capture market share. This system helped Mr. Biggs to break new grounds faster, and meet growing demand in its early years.

This was the only way start-ups could survive against Mr. Biggs then, as competing against the UAC-owned fast-food chain was considered a suicide mission. But while the franchise move aided the popularity and expansion of Mr. Biggs, the franchise outlets couldn’t... https://nairametrics.com/2019/07/18/46-years-after-mr-biggs-is-not-so-big-anymore/

Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by Pearlqueen(f): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2019
Lol. What a headline.

I wouldn't know what forced Mr. Biggs into recession as it was the leading walk in food joint in those days. If you haven't taken a bite at Mr. Biggs in those days, then, you have gone no where.

1 Like

Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by Rilley(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2019
Pearlqueen:
Lol. What a headline.

I wouldn't know what forced Mr. Biggs into recession as it was the leading walk in food joint in those days. If you haven't taken a bite at Mr. Biggs in those days, then, you have gone no where.
I know you have gone there countless of times by spreading.......... complete it. grin
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by thesicilian: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2019
This is what happens to businesses that don't adapt to current trends and make adequate plans for the future.
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by kelechi50: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2019
Rilley:
I know you have gone there countless of times by spreading.......... complete it. grin
by spreading her legs,thats normal for every lady and that's why she is a lady or have you not taken a lady there before grin grin grin
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by KevMitnick: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2019
Mr Biggs made the mistake of giving out its brand to entrepreneurs who had not been properly screened to know how well they are able to handle a fast-food business.
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by Rilley(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2019
kelechi50:
by spreading her legs,thats normal for every lady and that's why she is a lady or have you not taken a lady there before grin grin grin
Na you talk am o, thank God I didn't say anything. grin
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by Andersonjr(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2019
Who cares i still go there to enjoy myself of course not until when it is finally shutting down smiley
Re: 46-years After, Mr. Bigg's Hit Menopause As Shutdown Continues by lastdon5: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2019
I think they should rebrand, and remove that funny and childish font.

In Nigeria, new is always better until another new comes out and forces the old new out of the market.

But, anyway they still has the best meat pies smiley

(1) (Reply)

Minoxidil For Bald Hair & Beard Growth / I Avoid Luxurious Lifestyle Because It Is A Distraction - Aliko Dangote / Make Pussy Tight And Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.