Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? (35778 Views)

Nigerian Man Captured Assaulting A Kenyan Woman Deported (Picture) / Edo Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids, Cries In Lagos (Photos) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by NobleAngell(f): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
martineverest:
u are one of those youth woke soyinka was Talking about.....
And you're one of those youths Buhari was talking about.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by MrsInvisible(f): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
crackhouse:
is that the kind of property he's talking about?

Maybe that's not the property that one is talking about. But face reality. People who get deported are mostly rejected asylum seekers and hardly people who have stayed long. Asylum seekers usually don't have property like house, car etc because they live in camps. They normally don't have the money to buy property.
When they get deported they will be allowed maybe 2 bags for each person, nothing else
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by CanadaOrBust: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
But google dey na
See below

Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Originalsly: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
Guess it depends on the reason for deportation. If drug related... the government usually confiscate all property including bank accounts that they believe were funded by drugs. If in a rented apartment/house... the landlord usually go to court to seize the properties to compensate for loss rent.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by nwabobo: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
ednut1:
nothing if it wasnt obtained through crime. But how many illegal immigrant dey get any tangible thing as most send money home. An illegal immigrant can't be thinking of a mortgage o.

Is illegal immigration not a crime?
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Magnifico2000: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
MrsInvisible:
I think most times friends are taking care of the belongings. Worst case the landlord will throw everything away. I know one boy that was deported he was crying lot because he had to leave his newly bought bike behind . The German government does not care
I'm even considering to travel to Germany to work. Gather small money then come back.
But I heard Germany has stringent immigration rules.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by ManspaceBarber(m): 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
shams040:
hello all,

I just saw a video of a man crying that he doesnt want to be Deported. https://www.nairaland.com/5307473/man-cries-tries-resist-deportation

Now I have a question: What happens to the money and property of those deported?
Your signature actually attracts me. smiley I like connecting, learning from, and sharing knowledge with eco-friendly people.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by ednut1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
nwabobo:

Is illegal immigration not a crime?
if na crime dem for take you to jail.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by quickly: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Them deport one guy from yankee wey back and na gym them cathch the guy.

Na that gym cloth e use enter naija.

Na gym cloth and bag and tooth paste im use enter naija.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Been asking the same questions too.. I had over £3.5million worth of properties in scotland before... This life ain't fair to the good hearted cry
You had Over £3.5million worth of properties in Scotland and you were deported? I find it had to believe..

In The UK If you have £5 million worth of legitimate properties like you claimed. You can Apply for UK passport as long as you can prove that you own the properties legitimately.

And how did you Acquire over £3.5 million worth of properties without been documented?

Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
ednut1:
It is a crime, they lock people up in detention for few weeks/months before deportation.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
My friend got deported, all his funds and property was transferred to the states as he had no legal claims to the money earn from being an illegal, (this is different if your papers expires where with your lawyer helping you only remit up to the point where you became an illegal, but if you enter via illegl means like my friend did, itz good bye).

Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by TANID(m): 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
You had Over £3.5million worth of properties in Scotland and you were deported? I find it had to believe..

In The UK If you have £5 million worth of legitimate property You can Apply for UK passport as long as you can prove that you own the properties legitimately.

And how did you Acquire over £3.5 million worth of properties without been documented?
Sir You're So Strong O cheesy Seriously I Can't Withstand This Kind Of Lie From Fuckthamod. grin
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
TANID:
Sir You're So Strong O cheesy Seriously I Can't Withstand This Kind Of Lie From Fuckthamod. grin
The Guy is telling lies!
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I'm even considering to travel to Germany to work. Gather small money then come back.
But I heard Germany has stringent immigration rules.
Really? so how do you intent to find work in Germany? do have a German passport?
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by TANID(m): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
The Guy is telling lies!
That's Too Much. Perhaps He Should Come Back And Tell Us That It's A Joke.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by sharterlagos: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
Even legit people sef send money home and family go chop am. what to do like this my unku??
FlutterDollar99:
The government takes over the property because it is assumed to have been obtained illegally. That is why it's better to travel legally and not engage in any form of crimes whatsoever .

To be on a safer side, if you want to engage in dubious activities you can remit your money immediately to your family back home... That's if they don't use your money to flex instead of building a house for you
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by newdawn2017(f): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
How about opening a Dom account here b4 u go to abroad so u remit ur money to ur accnt of here in Nigeria for safe keeping?
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by stankezzy: 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
it depends on d country , if u are deported from Asia country like , Dubai , India ,Israel, China , Japan , Malaysia etc. mostly friends on hearing d news will rush to ur apartment anything anybody gets will be his own , d day they will deport him others will equally come for his own , in America they turn it to government property mostly to charity , in Britain d landlords or neighbors decide what to do , pack it out , sell it or dash it
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Magnifico2000: 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
Really? so how do you intent to find work in Germany? do have a German passport?
I planned to go through tourist visa then look for green pasture
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by kizyalex10(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
shams040:
hello all,

I just saw a video of a man crying that he doesnt want to be Deported. https://www.nairaland.com/5307473/man-cries-tries-resist-deportation

Now I have a question: What happens to the money and property of those deported?
as for money.they will makr sure u take every penny that belongs to u.even if d company u re working with is owing u,they will take u there to recover it.if its in d bank they will do the same.as for properties abroad.its almost nothing cos fresh house properties re picked from d streets.nd most times is cheapbnd irrelevant.nd if u wish to pick them,u can send one who still have valid papers to bring it for u at d deportation camp.cos u will buy ur ticket nd sigh dat will allow dem to move u from deportation camp to s airport.so u have to get all that bfor u sign nd pay
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I planned to go through tourist visa then look for green pasture
I thought as much, grin life is not ussually easy for tourists visa holders who go looking for greener pastures.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Magnifico2000: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
I thought as much, grin life is not ussually easy for tourists visa holders who go looking for greener pastures.
I heard so too.it is going to take the grace of God to make it.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I heard so too.it is going to take the grace of God to make it.
it is the fact, not you heard so. And it's got nothing to do with the grace of God. Just obtain the Valid and correct Visa you would not need God and his grace. you just need the correct visa.

Anyway, let me know how it went, Good luck! smiley

Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Magnifico2000: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
it is the fact, not you heard so. And it's got nothing to do with the grace of God. Just obtain the Valid and correct Visa you would not need God and his grace. you just need the correct visa.

Anyway, let me know how it went, Good luck! smiley
I haven't started yet. I just want to leave this country.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by DedeNkem: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
shams040:
hello all,

If government knows about the property, they'll seize it.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by NnwachukuOkike: 2:00am On Jul 19, 2019
All the black Africans must be deported back to continent of Africa.

See as he dark like Nigeria ministry of darkness.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 19, 2019
In the Dubai and the UAE, buying any tangible thing like a house or owning a business requires u to have a local sponsor. This sponsor is a UAE national who even though contributes nothing, u rather pay him for that service but appear to have 40% of the property. You cannot sell your property or do anything without him as he appear as a shareholder. Take your guess when u get deported.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by jhubril(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2019
PrincessB1:
It will be Freezed

Dear,

Frozen, not Freezed.

Regards,
Concerned Citizen.
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Handsomebb: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2019
Boc007:

Should I tell him cheesy?
NO.....lolz
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by Greatzeus(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
Ever heard of " Longkiss Goodnight" grin
Any properties acquired while illegally resident on US soil goes to Uncle Tom upon deportation tongue
Re: What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? by nwabobo: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2019
ednut1:

It's cheaper to deport than jail.

Lord’s Chosen Church Bus Crashes Into Coca-Cola Depot In Imo, 5 Dead / Somewhere In Abuja, Have You Ever Pass Through This Expressway? / Three Nigerians Deported From India For Illegal Stay (Photo)