Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education (21396 Views)

Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano / COVID-19: Northern Governors Insist On Banning Almajiri System / No Immediate Plan To Ban Almajiri System — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Maslib: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
And you say osibanjo is a professor abi. Please add nomadic system to basic education so it will gel very well.

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Mandesz(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
y
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by patorial(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Pls what's Almajiri system of education again?
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Patrioticman007(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is marvelous, that these destituted will one day employ professor.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by KrystosCJ(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
I wonder why we have blockheads in our Senate. There is absolutely nothing holistically developmental in their so-called "prayers" that will lead to positive societal change.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by DameB(f): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
If they don't want to adopt formal education in the north, they should continue to wallow in bitterness, illiteracy and poverty...
Millions of dollars have been spent on the north unto this almajiri issue. The elites are benefitting from weaponizing poverty....
Other parts of the country have issues,
North Ruga, North herdsmen, North bandits, North boko-haram, North almajiri, North drug abuse, North child marriage, North diseases (from refusal of immunization), North VVF... Etc

Biko other parts of the country need attention

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by LarryBee1k: 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
Wrong

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by ttmax09(m): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Next level wonders

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Elvis778(m): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
If this will ensure we have less/no child beggars on our streets, then it's a welcomed development

2 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by 9jaRealist: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
NASS and their toothless motions/resolutions...
Simply deduct part of the FAAC allocations of states that are not in compliance with the UBEC Act.

Meanwhile, I am not sure that I see this matter as most of the previous comments
Why can’t we MERGE Almajiri with formal education? Just entails adding Maths, English, Biology, etc., to Islamic studies.

>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Eaglenimi: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
This northerners will not stop to amaze me, "Mara hankeli" so the resources from the south should also use to found crisis fighters to fight the southerners in the north when there's crisis abi? Awon oloriburuku Because crisis cannot stop in the north as heaven and earth remains if they didn't instigate crisis because of religion they will because of tribal nonsense and the almajiris are the soldier of war. Idi beribe

2 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lord Lugard you won't rest in peace. the money spent on this unprogressive and backward entities alone is enough to developed ICT in all the states in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Angelfrost(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
I must be the only Nigerian with little or no regard for these elected thugs parading themselves as lawmakers... undecided

6 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is the more reason why the country should be divided and any ethnic group can develope and progress at their own speed. If they want to set their "clock of progress" back to the 13th century that would be their choice. But to hold the rest of the people back due to their own lack of motivation, hard work and their preference to serve and be subservient to the rich amongst them would be unacceptable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by theenchanter: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
The 13 northern states should sign d CHILD RIGHT ACT first.

Child of a commoner has no right in d north, why would the govt care about them in d first place?

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by VillagePipu: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
aero1:
Flat headed people right now

This dog reminds me of Amaju Pinnick.

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by JudasNaCarrot: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
Northern problems....

It is their creation, so they should deal with it and let the south move faster ahead as usual

Backward region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
driand:
grin grin grin

just when we thought we seen/heard it all...

Northerners and backwardness are inseparable

Fear the North... Core and Raw!!
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by All4real2: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
They will still introduce Fulani herdsmen education very soon Housa people are only capable of taking Nigeria backward they have not for once initiated any progressive agender rather retrogresive.it's a pity that we are in a country where the so called majorities are bunch of illiterate controlling the educated once.all that we benefits from them are controversies and nothing more.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
ayusco85:
Who did we offend self? Such backward mentality
o boy we don enter.
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Dmano: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
For what purpose will this serves the southerner,abeg they should go and sit down.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Neoteny(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good

Almajiri is neither education nor a system, it's human abuse and a huge shame on the north. It should be condemned and outlawed.

Any state that allows almajiri should have its federal allowances slashed and the funds used to rehabilitate those poor urchins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by DedeNkem: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
If the st*upid Almajiri education system was good, why does the North have so many illiterates and beggars?

These Northern id"iots are doing everything to make Nigeria an islamic sh*ithole country!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by DedeNkem: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
ifymadu:
Them for kuku take over the entire country, dangerous parasites...

Unfortunately, they already own Nigeria! They're in control of everything! Thanks to st*upid yorubas who help them!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Alanine1123: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
I am currently living in the northern Nigeria and I don't think it is wrong to say that my university environment is one of the universities in the northern Nigeria with highest number of Almajiris( they have special name here, male is yaro and female is yarinya)

Those kids do not, grow up with any parental care apart from 1 yr breastfeeding from their mother, is not an uncommon occurrence here to see a kid that is likely to be less than 5 years old selling pure water with the gain of #5 under high temp that usually reach 44°C at times. They are living a very difficult life. I usually feel sad about the living conditions of those kids and I must say their parents are very wicked and heartless but those kids are very happy with there situations.

I strongly believe that, if the religion believe that put those children in bondage, failed at a particular time in history to keep making them believe that they are really born to suffer, then those kids will caused more doom for northern Nigeria later in future.

Northern elders need to do something about this issue or else karma will soon come after them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by DedeNkem: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
splendid2:
Please how does almajiri system of education work
What's the difference between normal education and almajiri

Google is your friend.
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by DedeNkem: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
patorial:
Pls what's Almajiri system of education again?

Google is your friend, use it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Even As Christian, I Refused To Finance CAN Building With Govt Fund / Peter Obi Effect: APC And PDP Must Throw VP Slot To Young People / More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.